Galactic Seasons is stil broken....and a suggestion.

Kyhiker

Ok for 3 days in a row now, I have gotten a GSF and a Warzone as my daily PO. Once I reroll, the missions do not change. They have remained GSF and Warzone for 3 days. I absolutely hate PVP and will not participate. So now I have 3 days worth of missions that I have not done because I keep getting PVP, including after I reroll! Talking with some of my guildmates, they are upset with the Galactic Season format as well. Some of those guys like PVP, and since the GS has hit, there is evidently lots of problems with people queuing up and once the battle begins, they go AFK.

Seems like forcing more people into the PVP arena is having negative impacts on those people who enjoy it.

I for one do not do PVP. I am more of a PVE person, so it is not fair for me to have 3 days straight of PVP for my missions.

My suggestion would be to have 4 weekly missions and 4 daily missions. 2 of each PVP and the other 2 PVE missions. Once 2 missions are complete for the week or daily, then the remaining 2 are greyed out until the next daily or weekly becomes available at reset. This would alleviate the AFK players from PVP and allow the PVE players to actually choose what they want to do for the weekly and daily missions.

I agree. The PVE stuff is fun enough to do, cause it’s just more grinding. But the PVP stuff is exhausting and it’s such a graphics drain on my laptop (the only computer I have) that I have to lower the graphics setting to Very Low each time I sit down to do something. There should be a toggle for if you want to do PVE/PVP or a mix of both for Galactic Seasons, and the weekly PVE shouldn’t be limited to operations cause not everyone has the time for those or enough people with schedules matching up to do one.

I understand the whole "This is to shakeup your current playstyle! Try something new!" that the devs instilled. But yeah, there's a reason I stick to Flashpoints and Heroics. I don't like playing against other people.

I suffer through Warzones and Starfighters only for the GS points. I would very much appreciate if we get a toggle in the next season to disable PVP content, much like we can change PVP/PVE focused Instances on the world map.

We already have a restriction in place when it comes to Operation/Flashpoint challenges. If you're a Sub, you can get a Weekly to do one Operation. F2P/Pref get challenges to do 3 Flashpoints.

They had better be looking at the data, to see how many people are actually doing the content, and how many people just nope out, and go do something else. For me, even having one each day to complete a Conquest would be great. That way, I can play the game more, by doing the things I want, and progress the season a little, rather than having 4 things I won't do, even after rerolls, and not progressing at all.

The other stat they should be looking at, is player rankings when earning a GS point. If they don't have this in their data, to quote the droid on Dromund Kaas, "they just aren't paying attention." They need to see if GS points are earned by the most-killed, least-participating, lowest-ranked players just prior, so they can see if this is a huge success, or if they should just encourage players to do more of what they like, instead of trying to push people into game modes they don't enjoy.

Lastly, they could set it up to initially encourage those types of activities, but after rerolling the same type 5-10 times, just hide it permanently.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.