Legacy ignore should include GTN listings.

red_onion

That's pretty much it, title says it all.

Context... there's a player that at this moment on Star Forge has 29 (and growing) pages of armor set listings posted through various alts. They are all ridiculously overpriced by about 5x to 8x on average. Every three days it's the same where this person logs into all their various alts and spams the GTN to where it's a pain to get past their pages of nonsense. I didn't bother to count how many pages of weapons and mounts they have listed but it's the same issue.

They are a subscriber, it's totally within their right to play this game, using their 50 or more slots and all their alts for this purpose. I'm not arguing otherwise... I'd just like to be able to ignore them and their listings since from my perspective, it's basically spam and sort of like a denial of service attack.

• Like 1

should be an optional setting if it exists, so long as its an option whether to include it or not, sure. Sometimes I never want to have to deal with someones toxic bullBEEP again but dont want to limit my choices on the market. plus I'm happy if it annoys someone who I blocked if I end up buying their stuff.

Context... there's a player that at this moment on Star Forge has 29 (and growing) pages of armor set listings posted through various alts.

I'm curious how you know that it's alts of the same account.

They are all ridiculously overpriced by about 5x to 8x on average. Every three days it's the same where this person logs into all their various alts and spams the GTN to where it's a pain to get past their pages of nonsense. I didn't bother to count how many pages of weapons and mounts they have listed but it's the same issue.

Um. Sort by per-item price (not per-listing price) ascending, and the not-overpriced stuff will be at the beginning of the list. If you find that there isn't any not-overpriced stuff, then perhaps the stuff isn't overpriced.

should be an optional setting if it exists, so long as its an option whether to include it or not, sure. Sometimes I never want to have to deal with someones toxic bullBEEP again but dont want to limit my choices on the market. plus I'm happy if it annoys someone who I blocked if I end up buying their stuff.

I doubt it would annoy the person that you bought their stuff, but you're right that it should be an optional setting.

Um. Sort by per-item price (not per-listing price) ascending, and the not-overpriced stuff will be at the beginning of the list. If you find that there isn't any not-overpriced stuff, then perhaps the stuff isn't overpriced.

Um, yeah. It seems as though the OP doesn't know how to sort things on the GTN.

@OP - simply click on the headings at the top of the columns to sort by that aspect. For example, if you click on the "seller" column, you sort the listings alphabetically by seller's name.

And more importantly for your current concern, click on the "price per unit" column to sort by price. (You may find that in some cases you need to click on some other column first. Also, you can click again to sort from highest-to-lowest, or lowest-to-highest.)

Once you sort by price, all of this person's expensive listings should probably be at the bottom of the list. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

i not see the problem.

if that guy is the only one sell that item on the GTN he can then ask any price for it since there is nobody else selling it since there is no list on what each item most cost in the GTN and what the normal price is.

and some point he knows he is not selling it for the price he has ask since its to high for a lot off people then its only waiting when he drops the price or other people sell the same item and lower it.

the thing is also how rare is the item if nobody can get it any more since its a old armor item that you cant buy any more on the cartal market or its a old craft item then he can ask any price for it also since its so rare to get.

Context... there's a player that at this moment on Star Forge has 29 (and growing) pages of armor set listings posted through various alts. They are all ridiculously overpriced by about 5x to 8x on average. Every three days it's the same where this person logs into all their various alts and spams the GTN to where it's a pain to get past their pages of nonsense. I didn't bother to count how many pages of weapons and mounts they have listed but it's the same issue.

They are a subscriber, it's totally within their right to play this game, using their 50 or more slots and all their alts for this purpose. I'm not arguing otherwise... I'd just like to be able to ignore them and their listings since from my perspective, it's basically spam and sort of like a denial of service attack.

Why don't you just sort low to high in your searches? Isn't that how most people search the GTN anyway?

Why don't you just sort low to high in your searches? Isn't that how most people search the GTN anyway?

Kind of what I was thinking !! That way you KNOW that the BEST prices are always listed FIRST !!

(note: not getting in OP's face .. just saying ... this helps me all the time. It's the best way to get the best prices on anything you look at ! )

A better suggestion I think would be to make the low to high sort the default

Not a big deal to click it manually, but would be nice.

Or include a "Sort By" dropdown in the left pane where we specify other search parameters, defaulting it to per-item price.

Really, though, clicking on the column header is a widely adopted mechanism and is not too difficult. Except that, as mentioned above, it doesn't work sometimes; you then have to first sort by some other column and then switch back to sorting by the per-item price.

Edited by mike_carton

"Legacy ignore should include GTN listings." That's a nope, from me.

While I have zero desire to purchase things from players who manage to make it to my /ignore list, the possibility for such an option to be abused keeps me from supporting it. Players could (and some likely would) coordinate vendettas to freeze out other players from the GTN. The cons of blocking Legacy ignored players on the GTN outweigh the pros for me. As suggested, using the sort by item price option is a better solution.

"Legacy ignore should include GTN listings." That's a nope, from me.

While I have zero desire to purchase things from players who manage to make it to my /ignore list, the possibility for such an option to be abused keeps me from supporting it. Players could (and some likely would) coordinate vendettas to freeze out other players from the GTN. The cons of blocking Legacy ignored players on the GTN outweigh the pros for me. As suggested, using the sort by item price option is a better solution.

We will have to see what the OP meant. Maybe they didn't know that you could sort by cheapest first by clicking on the "unit price."

From what I got out of their suggestion was that if you block someone, you can't buy from them, so it only hurts you. If you get all your friends to block them, then they can't buy from that person either....

Would be an interesting economics lesson to people who don't understand capitalism and grief players who buy referral link clicks, only to sell cartel market items on the GTN for cheaper... For people who block the people who are like "Paying subscribers X amount of credits to use my referral link, whisper for details" would now be forced to pay increased prices on the GTN from players they didn't ignore.

I don't want to be cancelled for teaching capitalism, so lets just call it a great role play suggestion :)

We will have to see what the OP meant. Maybe they didn't know that you could sort by cheapest first by clicking on the "unit price."

From what I got out of their suggestion was that if you block someone, you can't buy from them, so it only hurts you. If you get all your friends to block them, then they can't buy from that person either....

Would be an interesting economics lesson to people who don't understand capitalism and grief players who buy referral link clicks, only to sell cartel market items on the GTN for cheaper... For people who block the people who are like "Paying subscribers X amount of credits to use my referral link, whisper for details" would now be forced to pay increased prices on the GTN from players they didn't ignore.

I don't want to be cancelled for teaching capitalism, so lets just call it a great role play suggestion :)

As you say, there is a "cut off your nose to spite your face" aspect. Things can get too messy.

It's actually not capitalism, but free-market microeconomics, which is approximately independent of the overall economic system (capitalist, mercantilist, communist, whatever).

maybe is that player using the GTN as storge more for the stuff.

if he sells it 5x or 8x time higher then its worth normal then he is making sure that nobody buy his stuff since he is using the GTN as Storge and not wane sell it to other players.

i see that also with a lot off stuff that people sell there items on the GTN for extreme high price only to use as storge.

so to make then legacy ignore will not work since its only creating more and more problems.

and you forget that it will also hurts you when you wane buy something on the GTN what is cheaper but you cant see it since you have ignore that guy so you will pay most off the time's to much for something since you ignore lot off the people and there sell it much cheaper.

What would be completely laughable about this is that you legacy ignore a GTN whale, which is the kind of GTN seller you're describing, and that person's your guild leader or best PvP buddy, and you didn't know that whale was his GTN mule.

Anyone putting a GTN vendor on their ignore list is only going to affect that person or group of people. Even a 'coordinated vendetta' can't block others from seeing someone's listings.

• 1 year later...
On 3/19/2021 at 6:11 AM, xordevoreaux said:

What would be completely laughable about this is that you legacy ignore a GTN whale, which is the kind of GTN seller you're describing, and that person's your guild leader or best PvP buddy, and you didn't know that whale was his GTN mule.

That's why I rarely use Ignore,  but  there is no such person for me that a ignore just for GTN spamming at ridiculous overprice would affect me, I doubt they are someone that has a helping others trait , but only their self materialism

On 3/18/2021 at 3:23 AM, red_onion said:

Pretty much the same reason I want to use ignore on GTN. 

Now I would be questioning about things  like crafted Armor , but not crafting material. The same as for the amount of crafting material, if it was multiple of something to keep the price affordable for pref account players , I can see that happen, but it's not happening.

On 3/19/2021 at 6:21 AM, Spikanor said:

maybe is that player using the GTN as storge more for the stuff.

if he sells it 5x or 8x time higher then its worth normal then he is making sure that nobody buy his stuff since he is using the GTN as Storge and not wane sell it to other players.

i see that also with a lot off stuff that people sell there items on the GTN for extreme high price only to use as storge.

so to make then legacy ignore will not work since its only creating more and more problems.

and you forget that it will also hurts you when you wane buy something on the GTN what is cheaper but you cant see it since you have ignore that guy so you will pay most off the time's to much for something since you ignore lot off the people and there sell it much cheaper.

We used to have players list set pieces at 1 billion credits (way back when the most expensive items were a couple hundred million) as a way to advertise they have that set for sale. They would just toss it up for the max amount as a notice if anyone was searching for that set, then you mail them and make a deal.