Non companion followers

Saito_Hiraga

• 1 month later...
so you want a passive voss to follow you around? Not saying I'm against it, but I'm curious as to why. As in why a passive pet and not a companion voss? If Voss is just an example, just replace Voss with 'Big Pet' lol

*It just piqued my curiosity lol

To the first question: So you want a passive voss to follow you around?

Not specifically.

The pic was just an example of an already in game feature. I am presenting this thread this way because that feature is called "Pets" and if I had named the thread "Give us Alien pets" the crystal generation dudes (who dont even read the OP) would start garbage posting my thread with retarded "you should not treat people as pets", "aliens are not animals" and more stupid arguments that are not even related to the point of my thread. So for the sake of my mental sanity and my desire of presenting a cool suggestion for the game I love, I have to take caution about how to present this particular idea without causing any sort of confusion.

Regarding the second question: As in why a passive pet and not a companion voss?

Because companions are harder work for devs than setting up a standard npc to mutely follow you around.

That AND because there are a bunch of weirdos that ALWAYS complain about the game having an "excesive" ammount of companions and love to cry about how gawd daaamn tedious is for them to scroll a window full of companions. (Although they are not even forced to purchase them if they dont want them.)

Also cuz SWTOR doesnt allow for 2 companions to be out at the same time, and it would be sweet for RP lovers to be able to summon and bring along some extra characters to keep them company, there are a lot of cool alien species and named characters that you would probably love to be able to befriend and this idea would help you acomplish that dream of hanging out with such figures even if they are not there for combat.

To your final statement: If Voss is just an example, just replace Voss with 'Big Pet' lol

For what I stated on your first question I'm affraid that by personal experience I cannot name a thread that way and expect maturity and seriousness from the community in the replies.

Oh yes please,

I want my lovely Shara Jenn as my pet companion follower, add some dialogues when we click on them and perhaps some reactions too, I would pay 2000 CC just for that,

sadly it seems BioWare too busy creating useless CC armors, what about something different?

Reason for why I am sharing this idea, I'm glad you see the potential, I'm also a big fan of some NPCs that I would love to journey along with but are not as important to the plot to become combatant companions like Tora or that nameless pirate girl in the Gravestone that shares SOR Lana Beniko's hair, hencefort even if I am able to have them accompany me this way I would be so happy.

Not to mention we would be able to populate our SH's with them and that would make it 10 times more awsome and a reason for me to pay a bunch of bucks to make it happen and I am a SH decoration maniac.

Edited by Saito_Hiraga

...posting my thread with retarded "you should not treat people as pets", "aliens are not animals" and more stupid arguments that are not even related...

Are people actually that dense? Wait, no... don't answer that.

...summon and bring along some extra characters to keep them company, there are a lot of cool alien species and named characters that you would probably love to be able to....

Right now, there are two types of "followers"; Companions, who assist you in combat and provide snarky comments during cutscenes and conversations, and Pets (usually beasts or droids), who "follow you and passively observe your adventures". The former would be along the lines of 'supporting cast', while the latter would be more like 'extras'.

I see no reason why you couldn't have representatives of sapient races or even specific individuals in the second category (although you might have to change the name from 'pets' to something else, because... reasons). Since they don't actually have to do anything but tag along, it should be relatively simple to add.

Now somehow get them to auto-loot corpses for you, and you've got a real winner.

• 10 months later...
Are people actually that dense? Wait, no... don't answer that.

Right now, there are two types of "followers"; Companions, who assist you in combat and provide snarky comments during cutscenes and conversations, and Pets (usually beasts or droids), who "follow you and passively observe your adventures". The former would be along the lines of 'supporting cast', while the latter would be more like 'extras'.

I see no reason why you couldn't have representatives of sapient races or even specific individuals in the second category (although you might have to change the name from 'pets' to something else, because... reasons). Since they don't actually have to do anything but tag along, it should be relatively simple to add.

Now somehow get them to auto-loot corpses for you, and you've got a real winner.

Thank you man. Not sure about having them autoloot corpses as doing that would require messing with the pet system code and it would change all the pets in general. Not sure if they would dare to do that yet IMO it would give at least more incentive to have a pet out while adventuring.

In any case being unable to have two companions out at the time and me being that kind of RPG player that loves to tag along with as many NPC's as I can I would really love to have these character followers despite if they are useless or not.