How To Make An Original Name

Yfelsung

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Or, to get a quality name like "Yfelsung", you can just randomly mash at the keyboard.

Hgorfen

Mlabov

Hoogenfrok

There you go.

Any of you can feel free to take these original names that I created for you... or you can go translate your favourite names to a dead language for something equally stupid.

How do you explain that? She/he got the short end of the stick when insemination occurred and did not get any midi-chlorians?

Absolutely. What is the issue you have with this game's version of genetics being reasonably close to realistic?

Being force-attuned isn't and never was a SOLELY genetic trait. Look at Anakin's mother.

My profile name is Turukano which is a Lord of the Rings Sindarin derivative of Turgon. Turgon was an Elf King ruled the Hidden City of Gondolin before its sacking.

know how i know your ....... wait icwhatudidthere, still im not gonna open a book just to find a name. im sure huck'finn wont be taken

Absolutely. What is the issue you have with this game's version of genetics being reasonably close to realistic?

Being force-attuned isn't and never was a SOLELY genetic trait. Look at Anakin's mother.

This is not reasonably close to realistic genetics.

Anakin's mother is an exception, not the norm. Anakin was born without a father.

Or, to get a quality name like "Yfelsung", you can just randomly mash at the keyboard.

Hgorfen

Mlabov

Hoogenfrok

There you go.

Any of you can feel free to take these original names that I created for you... or you can go translate your favourite names to a dead language for something equally stupid.

hahahaha give this man a cookie! I laughed pretty hard reading this. :)

I wanted to use a Zulu name, but I am not sure how to translate clicks into actual letters.

Aren't the clicks represented by punctuation when Zulu is translated into English?

I remember a comedian talking about a guy named !Xobile and the exclamation mark meant a loud, hollow "click".

You could replace the clicks with apostrophes, which are allowed in names.

Aren't the clicks represented by punctuation when Zulu is translated into English?

I remember a comedian talking about a guy named !Xobile and the exclamation mark meant a loud, hollow "click".

You could replace the clicks with apostrophes, which are allowed in names.

Haha, that would be Russell Peters.

Before anyone gets too crazy with xXxNowMyNameIsOriginalxXx, I should point out:

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/roc

Naming Policy

When creating a character or guild name for Star Wars: The Old Republic, it is encouraged that you select a name that reflects the theme of the game. The guidelines listed below outline the types of names that you can NOT use, and apply to both player or character names, as well as guild names.

1. You may not use any names that violate the General Rules. This includes the use of names that are hateful, defamatory, racist, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or any other language that is offensive in nature.

2. You may not use names that are harassing or defamatory to other players or employees of EA, BioWare or LucasArts, e.g. EASUX, Timsretarded, and Biowaresux.

3. You may not use names of any EA, BioWare, or LucasArts employee or service related to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

4. You may not use names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials or products, e.g. Coca-Cola or Dr. Pepper.

5. You may not use names from popular culture or media, e.g. Lady Gaga or George Lucas.

6. You may not use names that are religiously or historically significant, e.g. Jesus, Winston Churchill.

7. You may not use proper names of areas within Star Wars for character names. Guild names, however, MAY use the proper names of specific areas to help promote role-playing and realm pride, e.g. Defenders of Tython or Protectors of Hutta.

8. You may not use proper names of non-player characters within Star Wars: The Old Republic, e.g. Darth Malgus, Satele Shan, Yoda, Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker.

9. You may not use names containing titles or ranks within them, e.g. General Supertrooper, Captain Tim, Darth Timmy, Knight Wakey.

10. You may not use names that refer to drugs or that are drug related.

11. You may not use names that contain an inappropriate phrase, sentence or any fragment of a sentence or Leet speak, e.g. uberhaxer, xxspeederxx, lolface, rofl, Noobwhacker, TimmyF**k, kock, fuk.

12. You may not use misspellings or alternative spellings of names that violate any of the above rules, e.g. Hamsolo, Yooda, DorthVader.

13. You may not use gibberish names when creating character, e.g. ajsdu, rifndsw, qweszs.

If you violate any part of the above Naming Policy you will either be assigned a new name, or given the option of changing the name. In addition to this, your account could incur a penalty up to and including account closure.

--

I've already had to think through what I want to take, not just because I can't be guaranteed to get Scourge (my registration is 8.Aug), which I've been using since 1998 or 99 in SW forums, but because now it's off-limits. As of the publication of Revan, Lord Scourge is now an official character, and apparently he's a NPC in this game.

Fortunately, I have enough background in various living and dead languages that I had already decided to take a similar approach to what the OP suggested.

While I only made my account on swtor.com in Feb 2011, that's still nine months before Revan was published. I've had the name on starwars.com since 2004. I've been using it on other SW sites since 98 or 99 (not completely sure).

Now I won't be able to use it in the game, so I've been coming up with alternatives.

I was posting the naming policy for everyone else's benefit, as it's already thrown a monkey wrench into my plans.