Twi'lek Customization Pack

Isablah

1)- Headbands:

Add new/more Twi’lek headdress/wraps - possibly even better as actual gear, so that we could dye them, as well.

Suggestions:

- Aayla Secura

- Rachi Sitra & Lyn Me / Mission Vao

- Hera Syndulla / Major Anri

- Numa / Sammo Quid / Suu Lawquane

- Pampy & Supi / Gella Twins

More: Goggles w/ leather wraps, Leather wrap w/ side gems, Ayy Vida, Oola & Darth Talon w/ ear/side guards + metallic band, Kinash Lock's cap + decorative bands, Tae Boon's helmet…

...to name a few styles. Add variations, i.e Helmets with wraps/without, jewelry… etc.

(also: see this awesome thread on the subject: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=981103)

2)- Head:

12 heads/faces available, sounds like a decent number. But really, we only have 3 options, denoting different ethnicities (1-4, 5-8, 9-12): and they’re basically the same.

Suggestion: A wider/better selection of head/faces, i.e Humans, or at the very least, as varied as the Togruta ones.

3)- Eyes: Also limited.

Suggestion: Wider variety of colors (i.e Hazel, Dark Blue, Dark Green, Blue-Green/Turquoise... etc). Again, I’d use the Togruta as reference (all of course within “canon” colors for Twi’lek).

4)- Complexion: Most of the textures are dismal – blotchy/dirty, smudged makeup, overly darkened in places, awful eyebrow shapes… only a few of them are actually usable.

Suggestion: Complexion should be more like Human’s, offering a wide range of eyebrow shapes and skin (i.e clear, freckled, slightly freckled, beauty mark…. etc). Dark Side corruption, as well as any makeup, should be transferred onto the Cosmetics category; with only natural skin textures, as well as eyebrow shapes/designs in this slider.

5)- Skin Color: Limited.

Suggestion: Wider range of colors, at least as varied as Togruta’s. On that note: PURPLE TWI’LEKS – one deep/medium tone, another in a pale violet/magenta (i.e Xi’an and Qin, from The Mandalorian). That should be standard for skin tones: at least 2-3 options for each color, example: the dark blue (1st) and cyan (3rd) available for Rutian Twi’leks; with possibly a third ("medium blue") option somewhere in the middle.

Also: If you own the legacy, all unlocks should be available for character creation. Maybe limit a couple that are too faction-specific (for example, the Sith skin pattern).

6)- Patterns and Cosmetics: Also very limited and kind of a mess. Some of the makeup choices are downright bad (and currently, if you’re not playing Red, Pink or Orange – Imp side, mostly – chances are your character will look like a clown). And no way to color Lekku patterns.

From spots or flecks, stripes, to soft gradients and many other designs, Twi’leks come in a multitude of colors and patterns. Lekku Patterns should have their own separate slider, while makeup goes under Cosmetics.

Suggestion: Break this down into two categories: Lekku Patterns and Cosmetics.

More patterns, please. Lekku patterns should be tintable, like the Togruta – from white/lighter (ex. Aayla Secura, Eleena Daru) or silvery; to soft-medium color overlays (palette based on the skin tones we’d have available), then brown and finally black (like the ones we already have).

Cosmetics: A wider and better selection of makeup options and colors (again, Humans as an example). Only lip, only eyeshadow or blush, lips and eyeshadow, all three combined... and so forth. Colors: (ideally) able to blend in nicely with all the skin tones available, from subtle to more dramatic.

7)- Lekku: The option to wear your head-tails however you like, making it possible to go around clipping issues for classes that carry weapons, backpacks and even some armor.

Suggestion: The equivalent to the “Hair” slider in most species, they should offer at least 5 variants: Default (as it is now); both Lekku up front, over the shoulders; and one up front while the other hangs free in the back (Left and Right variants); and finally, wrapped around the neck (Bibb Fortuna style).

Final thoughts: The Twi’lek are one of the most iconic species in the Star Wars universe and have been criminally neglected in SWTOR. Please, implement this, I don’t care in what way or how much it would cost, 1st day purchase from me – and for many others, I’m sure! :)

Edited by Isablah

I hope that they actually update the customization options in general, not only for Twilek but for the rest too. Togruta for example need a huge update. Long lekkus for males, better faces for males, more skin colors for males, more tattoo's for males. Male Togruta NPCs look absolutely stunning, but the player version is just a let down.

Absolutely! They haven't had anything done to them since launch and they're one of the most popular species in the Star Wars universe. Their options are very limited. They're labeled as being a very colorful race and they've got the least customization options out of all the races. Three faces, eight skin tones, eight headbands, and nine eye colors just don't cut it... And I wish the markings and makeup were separate.

I hope that they actually update the customization options in general, not only for Twilek but for the rest too. Togruta for example need a huge update. Long lekkus for males, better faces for males, more skin colors for males, more tattoo's for males. Male Togruta NPCs look absolutely stunning, but the player version is just a let down.

Agreed. Would love to make a Togruta that looks like its npc counterpart. If you play a sith inq. you have Ashara as a companion your Togruta looks nothing like her which just drives me insane. Its like you're a cheap copy. Or a really poor cosplay version.

You mean this one? https://i.imgur.com/jEz11z8.jpg (from the Trooper cut-scene where you first meet Aric)

Hmmm, at a glance…I think so?

Really though, I’d hope for all or most customization options be unlocked for both sides, all classes. I mean, can you imagine if they finally added purple Twi’leks, but it is restricted to dark-side only, or Republic only? That’d SUCK! :p

Hmmm, at a glance…I think so?

Really though, I’d hope for all or most customization options be unlocked for both sides, all classes. I mean, can you imagine if they finally added purple Twi’leks, but it is restricted to dark-side only, or Republic only? That’d SUCK! :p

All skin colours and tattoos available are unlocked once one of your Twi'lek character has reached lvl 50

Agreed. Would love to make a Togruta that looks like its npc counterpart. If you play a sith inq. you have Ashara as a companion your Togruta looks nothing like her which just drives me insane. Its like you're a cheap copy. Or a really poor cosplay version.

True!

And it’s often in the detail, just a lil bit of colour on the lips to differentiate from your skin tone; or in Bella Kiwiiks’ case, the hint of an eyebrow (which helps facial expression), true black lashes… and etc, small things that can make all the difference.

Even Mirialans (as near-humans), have a good range of Complexion and makeup options. Great eyebrow game. That should be extended to Twi’leks and Togruta. I do believe, however, that separating makeup from Patterns/Tattoos would be optimal. Often times you find a makeup option that you like, but the Pattern is not what you’re looking for.

For Twi’leks, I think Headbands and Lekku wraps are a priority, as well as more Heads/Faces, Complexion, makeup and Lekku patterns. Maybe also an upgrade to textures, in general - especially in the latest expansions, your character looks like a low-poly disaster. It’s almost as though Twi’leks were rushed, looks like… :confused:

They need a white skin color added. I would def pay for that.

Also I would love to drop a suggestion to discount the headband change in the appearance station to 0CC after you purchased a headband for the first time with the character, its completely dumb to consider you have to pay to put a headband on your head. They are not plastic surgery....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just want yellow sith eyes for my twi'lek. I understand that the SWTOR engine is an arcane nightmare where seemingly easy things are somehow impossible but:

1: Twi'leks use the standard human eyes

2: As such there are plenty of human eye colors that would make sense for twi'leks and presumably could be reused

3: If Twi'leks for whatever reason can't use the human eyes then there are still the currently existing Dark Side corruption eyes which they currently use and would satisfy me.

Please, I'd pay an unreasonable amount of your bioware funhouse cartel dollars for this.