(Life Day) Wookie Hugging Achievement??

Eyvaera

Hi folks,

As mentioned in the following thread: Hugged Wookies from last year don't count for new Hug 1500 Wookies achievement?, this is working as intended.

We have passed along your feedback regarding this Achievement.

I fail to understand why anyone would consider this a good idea. It is the first time as far as I remember that achievements for the same activities don‘t build up on top of each other. Maybe except for the DvL event, but I could at least somehow understand that is was a „replay it all“ thing.

Well, maybe it was the same persons who thought „winner takes it all“ in PvP was a good idea...

Hi folks,

As mentioned in the following thread: Hugged Wookies from last year don't count for new Hug 1500 Wookies achievement?, this is working as intended.

We have passed along your feedback regarding this Achievement.

Thank you for clarifying, but this is sad to hear. I really can't see the logic in this decision, for reasons I've stated previously. I was initially excited at the prospect of a new achievement, but as it doesn't seem like the method of getting it will change to be more friendly to those of us that participated last year, I guess I'll be giving it a pass after all.

Could you elaborate what is intended?

A new player does 1000 gets the 1st Wookie Hugging Champion

Same new player does 500 extra and gets the 2nd Hug Everlasting.

So a new player will only need 1500 in total or will it reset even for a new player too?

How can that be fair for an older player that has the 1st unlocked at 1000 but now must do 1500 to get the 2nd one unlocked. This means 2500?

Is this intended just for older players?

Thanks

I also second this. It'd be nice to get some elaboration on the mechanics behind achieving it, because it seems biased towards players who previously didn't participate, at our expense, and for no clear reason.

It's just a time sink; didn't do the wookie hugging before and won't do it now. If you really want to hug a wookie there is the female smuggler convo

with Corso that goes something like this: "How about you, me, and bowdaar in zero g?"

=-=-=-=-= :eek::rolleyes:

Hi,

I agree with a general sentiment here that you should not penalize the current players. All other achievements are cumulative as should be the case with this one.

An elegant way out of this would be to allow the help desk granting it manually after crossing 500 when the previous year's one is done.

I understand why they did this:

I can imagine the conversation between the person who collects our feedback and the developer (let's call him Han):

PR person: "Han, people are angry on the forums about the wookie achievement. Is it intented that you have to hug another 1500 wookies this year?"

Developer Han's thoughts: "OOOPS! Of course! The achievement didn't exist last year so there was no counter to register those hugs. B-But fixing it would mean a server maintenance and running an script to update the new achievement's counter on all the characters ... before Christmas!!!"

Developer Han: "Of coouurse it is working as intended, of course!! Everything is fine!

Everything is perfectly fine! ... How are you?"

I sympathize with Han, it probably was a minor slip, but as a paying costumer I'm not happy, so here am I, ranting about it on the forums (it's funnier that hugging wookies).:cool:

I got a feeling this might be a social experiment of some sort to see how people react! Well, yes Bioware, you are right, there are people addicted to completing stuff and even though they come here and complain, they will still do it and move on. But mark my words, there comes a time when even these people will get fed up!

I've done most of the achievements, there are some I'll never get (PvP & Gsf), some take longer, etc. But I keep plugging away at them as I play, but this, removing a persons achievement, just so they can do it again, sucks. This is one I'm choosing not to even bother with. It seems with every feature, every development of this game, the dev have lost touch with the gaming community, they're headless chickens running around throwing darts at a board hoping they'll hit a decent idea, meanwhile putting out any ol **** the dart happens to land on. Edited by DarkTergon

It's just a time sink; didn't do the wookie hugging before and won't do it now. If you really want to hug a wookie there is the female smuggler convo

with Corso that goes something like this: "How about you, me, and bowdaar in zero g?"

=-=-=-=-= :eek::rolleyes:

:eek: What the whating what? How very disturbing!

Not a good idea, no matter whose idea it was. Those achievements from last year should be included. You will always have new players but you don't punish your older players either.

BTW: I didn't do it so it is not reflective on me but for those that already did it. I think it is unfair to them.

Need to think that those are 2 different achievements, and Devs should add the year life day in the achieves.

coz its a 2019 and 2020 year's events.

In all MMOs this is happen always in holiday events, each year. Some MMOs not include older rewards also. Lucky for you, this IS NOT happening in SWTOR.

Edited by Kissakias

Need to think that those are 2 different achievements, and Devs should add the year life day in the achieves.

coz its a 2019 and 2020 year's events..

The biggest issue I have is that this isn't two different achievements for people who didn't complete it last year though.

People in my guild who didn't do any last year are gaining progress on the new achievement whilst working towards unlocking last years achievements so they only need to hug 1500 total for both achievements, whereas those of us who did 1000 last year will need to do 2500 total for both. That's not on.

coz its a 2019 and 2020 year's events.

In all MMOs this is happen always in holiday events, each year. Some MMOs not include older rewards also. Lucky for you, this IS NOT happening in SWTOR.

As I stated I didn't do it last year and will not do it this year so it isn't for me.

The biggest issue I have is that this isn't two different achievements for people who didn't complete it last year though.

People in my guild who didn't do any last year are gaining progress on the new achievement whilst working towards unlocking last years achievements so they only need to hug 1500 total for both achievements, whereas those of us who did 1000 last year will need to do 2500 total for both. That's not on.

if didnt done hug at 2019, and count and those today in 2020, is stupid mistake from EA's side.

as i read, i though tthat the last year's achies didnt count ain today's hugs.

But when EA done anything correct and fair in this game? never.

Edited by Kissakias

That answers one unanswered question, and confirms that the implementation of this year's Wookie achievement is unfair and discriminatory to those who participated last year. There's also nothing to assure that this situation won't occur again next year.

I just cannot comprehend why this would be a deliberate choice.

That answers one unanswered question, and confirms that the implementation of this year's Wookie achievement is unfair and discriminatory to those who participated last year. There's also nothing to assure that this situation won't occur again next year.

I just cannot comprehend why this would be a deliberate choice.

/shrug the devs don't give a crap about the players. they don't play their own game, they've lost touch with what even goes on in the game, I'm not sure they are even gamers anymore....

Lots of players are already completing this. I just did it myself. Spent a few hrs grinding but once you have a routine does not take too long.

I hope next year they just add to the existing ones instead of wiping all the ones already unlocked.

BTW "hug everything" title is cool but honestly still cannot hug other than wookies and would have been great that this could live to its title and one could literally hug EVERYTHING at least during the event :D

Is it just me, or is it odd that so many people misspell "wookiee" in a Star Wars game? It's especially weird since they're right there in front of you.

People type quickly, and most of the time only really correct obvious mistakes, wookie and wookiee are so similar, especially while typing, it probably passes most people's attention

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.