Hello and good bye forever

nekhludov

Hello. I havent played this game for 3 or 4 years and i just wanted to play it again for fun, but ive met several toxic people that aint let me to have fun because they tell me what to do all the time, they kick me out of the groups if i dont do what they want me to do, or a woman just kicked me out because i miss click and hit the wrong guy. This is a game, it suppossed to be for fun. Dont hate me if i dont know or remeber a stupid rotation or if i dont want to act as your slave. I think i have 2 options: to play it solo or uninstall it. I think the best choice is the second one because I can't stand people who think they own me.

Bye bye.

It's regrettable that you ran into a bunch of toxic players, but overall, the game and the players, are not like that. 😮

Find yourself a nice friendly, "casual" guild.

Edit - and put any toxic players you meet up with, on your Ignore list.

Edited by JediQuaker

Since the OP has come back after 3 or 4 years, it is likely the character is not geared for 6.2 and the player is rusty with rotations, unfamiliar with the changed abilities, and proficiencies, and so on. Players returning after a hiatus don't do themselves any favors by jumping right away into group content. I've seen one such player in a group of mine several months ago who didn't realize all proficiencies had been reset; he hadn't played since the original skill trees with their flexibility and choice (For those not familiar with them, is an example. A search for "swtor 2.0 build tree" should show more.)

Anyone returning after 4 years ideally starts with a new character and levels them to 75, getting a hang of the changed game; at the least, it helps to play solo for 10 to 20 hours with their previous main character to get back into the thick of things.

Finally, in group content, there is always a leader; it is either the Tank by default (especially in FPs) or an explicitly identified leader (especially in Ops) and everyone follows their lead. That makes for a successful group outing. As one who rarely takes the lead in group content, I don't think of it as being a slave. Of course, there will always be some leaders who will be obnoxious but that is par for the course. Often, groups will be understanding if you announce upfront that you're a returning player or have slower reflexes or any such thing; exception will be groups that are speed-running to farm something and they're likely to be upfront themselves about the players they want.

It is unfortunate that a returning player ran right into an unpleasant situation.

Edited by mike_carton

i cant believe that some people thinks that everybody must be a pro with the rotations. What about the people with disabilities, they must announce their physical limitations on chats? or they also have to ask for permission to play with the pro players?

This never happens on gw2 as example. If u are a noob or a pro you are always welcome to any squad.

It is not okay to reject people for their lack of knowledge or for their physical limitations.

it's all about values ​​as human beings, and obviously many players do not have them.

I wonder if Bioware agrees with that behavior.

i cant believe that some people thinks that everybody must be a pro with the rotations. What about the people with disabilities, they must announce their physical limitations on chats? or they also have to ask for permission to play with the pro players?

This never happens on gw2 as example. If u are a noob or a pro you are always welcome to any squad.

It is not okay to reject people for their lack of knowledge or for their physical limitations.

it's all about values ​​as human beings, and obviously many players do not have them.

First of all, this is not BioWare's fault. BioWare already stated that they're not supporting toxic behavour, but as a grown man/or woman you should know that this is the internet and things like that happens everywhere on the internet and in every game (even in gw2 btw).

If you run in toxic people, just put them on your ignore list. The groupfinder prevents them to get listed in the same group as you, if you do that. The best advice someone could give you is go and try solo content, until the point where you are familiar with all the changes BioWare made in the last 4 years.

On the other hand I have to say, that it can be very arduous to have someone in the group who just runs around headless, has no clue what is going on and is pulling every little thing. It is not only about you when you decide to play in a group. Besides that - and don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be toxic here - even people with "disabilities" can learn how their character and the system is working, so please stop trying to play that card. But knowing how every rotation has to work is unneccessary for normal 5-men content anyway.

(For those not familiar with them, this is an example. A search for "swtor 2.0 build tree" should show more.)

Man, I miss those times. Brings back so many memorys. Thanks.

Edited by Jesseriah

It's not a question of "must". If you have some kind of limitation for the given content:

* You have a disability that means you'll be slower than the others

* You can't see colours *at*all*(1)

* You are red/green colour-blind

* Other disabilities

* You don't know it well

Then it is catastrophically *rude* it you just dive into group content that might be affected by your limitation without telling the other people in the group, and it's reasonable for them to be annoyed by your rudeness.

If you *did* tell them and they were toxic about it, *then* (and only then), there is a problem.

I, too, play GW2, and I can say that what you say here isn't true. If you show up for a dungeon in a weak build or not knowing what to do, you will catch significant flak for it. For a *squad* (equivalent of an Ops group here) for general open-world content like world boss fights or similar(2), you will not catch that kind of criticism, in part because outside of things like Triple Trouble, you don't even have to join the squad anyway, but if you show up for the equivalent of Flashpoints (dungeons) or Uprisings (fractals, especially high-tier ones with Agony all over) without telling people about your limitations, you'll be in the brown stuff, and rightly so.

Correct, although it's also not okay to show up and not tell people that you have that lack (knowledge or physical).

As such, no, they don't agree, but those human values go both ways - those people should be more tolerant of people who don't know the content or have whatever limitation, and the people who don't know the content and/or have some sort of limitation should make sure to be *clear* on that fact, so that the others in their group will know what to expect.

(1) Yes, that's a thing. It's very rare, but it does exist. Way back when, I knew a guy who was very close to being totally colour blind.

(2) SWTOR world bosses are pathetic losers compared to e.g. The Shatter or Tequatl the Sunless. Triple Trouble is three separate mechanics-heavy fights on the same map that must be completed in a coordinated fashion or the whole thing fails.

swtor is a mmorpg that means u always play with other people because the core element of ''any'' mmorpg is the social interaction with or against other players (raiding/pvp etc)

games like this are part of the internet culture and u will allways find people like this (its the same like in real life btw ;) )

but saying that every player in this game is toxic is wrong

i just came back to the game and still got my own little problems (smugglers arent really smugglers, no spice, fighting with fists against jedis feels more like son goku from dragonball than han solo)

but i tell you all the players i met so far were really really nice and helpfull to new players!

if u did encounter some black sheeps dont give up on it!

if u really like the gameplay just put these people on ur ignore list, look for a nice guild and i bet everything gonna be fine for you!

Edited by MuonGoldSmuggler

swtor is a mmorpg that means u always play with other people because the core element of ''any'' mmorpg is the social interaction with or against other players (raiding/pvp etc)

You always play with other people around, but that doesn't mean you're playing *with* them (i.e. teaming up).

games like this are part of the internet culture and u will allways find people like this (its the same like in real life btw ;) )

I'm disinclined to get into a debate about what "internet culture" even means, but I'd just point out that it's pretty rare to see, in "Real Life" the sort of agressive rude toxicity that happens in online multiplayer games. At the very least, someone who's that kind of toxic in person risks getting a taste of Knuckle Sandwich (or worse), which usually makes people less inclined to be so nasty.

but saying that every player in this game is toxic is wrong|/QUOTE]

Correct.

i just came back to the game and still got my own little problems (smugglers arent really smugglers, no spice, fighting with fists against jedis feels more like son goku from dragonball than han solo)

Smugglers spend the whole of Chapter 1 smuggling stuff to people on those planets, then get caught up in some very non-smuggling stuff, kinda like Han Solo did in the films.

And I don't recall ever seeing my Smugglers fighting anyone with *fists*. Lots of trashmob NPCs try to take down my Jedi and Sith with their fists, but my Smugglers use blasters.

"Smuggler" in SWTOR is mostly just a 'class', not a vocation. 😉

And there's only one particular build I can think of for a Smuggler (Dirty Fighting?) that uses fists. My Gunslingers (and my unused Scoundrel) use blasters. 😀

It is amusing though, on those rare occasions when I get into a GF group with a Dirty Fighter and hear the constant "whack" of fists. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

It's the internet, and as Uncle Ben says, "with great anonymity, comes great ******s" Doesn't make you feel any better I know, but once you face that, you can deal with the issue better.

1, let it upset you, quit them game, and walk away...they win

or 2. Play the game, enjoy it, stick those &^%$%$ on legacy ignore, and never have to deal with them again. YOU win.

It's not ideal, but you shouldn't walk away from a game because of people like that. If you are on Starforge, look around for the top guilds, most of them are great, and helpful. Explain that you've been away for a while, and it's like you've just started again. They can help you run fp's, explain all the new stuff, help with gear, etc.

If you don't like big guilds, and need help running content, learning the ropes, etc Catching up & you're on Starforge, drop me a line, and I'll see what I can do.

]It's not a question of "must". If you have some kind of limitation for the given content:

* You have a disability that means you'll be slower than the others

* You can't see colours *at*all*(1)

* You are red/green colour-blind

* Other disabilities

* You don't know it well

Then it is catastrophically *rude* it you just dive into group content that might be affected by your limitation without telling the other people in the group, and it's reasonable for them to be annoyed by your rudeness.

If you *did* tell them and they were toxic about it, *then* (and only then), there is a problem.

people who don't know the content or have whatever limitation, and the people who don't know the content and/or have some sort of limitation should make sure to be *clear* on that fact, so that the others in their group will know what to expect.

[/i]

So, i have to share my medical records to everyone to make them to understand that i have medical issues that cant let me to be a pro player like them, but they should be pity about me because i have some disability, so in that case i could join their party. Im "rude" if i dont do it.

Players use to discriminate the noobs or the bad or not skilled players. Some people believes that we must go to learn the rotations in the MIT to become pro and then come back to play with them. My rotations are mine, i have invented them. Im not a robot and i dont care about vulkks says about them.Im a casual player, never been into operations and maybe i will never play em. So, i dont understand why people is so rude in the flashpoints and the pvp groups.

The other issue is that i use to play with my sentinel and i didint knew that people hates them, so they think we are worthless and they dont want to play with me because of that. If im not a guardian, a commando or a vanguard, go away.

I know most of you dont care about what i think, but let me say this: discrimination turns into segregation in all aspects of life. History has proven it thousands of times.

There are some players that have very bad attidudes, but overall most are decent.

It sounds like you had a bad group-finder experience, that happens. Try checking Hammer Station off on your filter, that's the flashpoint the impatient speed-runner types tend to queue for.

Also: don't try to jump into Master Mode flashpoints if you don't know what you're doing. Just don't. For MM you're expected to know , and play, your role well.

Ideally you do the story mode version of a flashpoint first (the ones that have a story mode), and then move on to Veteran mode. For Veteran mode no one expects you do be perfectly geared, or doing a great rotation. Master Mode is different, there is a certain level of skill expected.

Even in Veteran mode you are expected to work with the group, though. That means letting someone else lead if you don't know the flashpoint, and not running off and doing your own thing. Just say 'I'm new to this flashpoint' at the start and most players will be tolerant of things like accidently aggro'ing mobs. (Intentially aggro'ing extra mobs is a different thing. Don't do that in group-finder runs, some flashpoints have a lot of side trash that is easy to avoid and can almost double the time it takes to run the flashpoint if you don't avoid them.)

The other issue is that i use to play with my sentinel and i didint knew that people hates them, so they think we are worthless and they dont want to play with me because of that. If im not a guardian, a commando or a vanguard, go away.

This is just not true. I don't know who you've tried running with, but they sound like players who don't know what they're doing if they think guardians, commmandos and vanguards are somehow better than every other class. I don't main any of those 3 so-called 'uber' classes, btw.

Nothing wrong with sentinel/maras either. I've run with plenty of good ones, even though I can't manage to make the class work for me.

Edited by LD_Little_Dragon

So, i have to share my medical records to everyone to make them to understand that i have medical issues that cant let me to be a pro player like them, but they should be pity about me because i have some disability, so in that case i could join their party. Im "rude" if i dont do it.

Don't be ridiculous. Of course you don't have to share medical records, but if someone tells you that the mechanics here require something you can't do (to revisit my earlier example: you can't distinguish colours) then you should say that you have a condition that prevents you from doing that thing. If you don't, they will be rightly annoyed that you just blundered on and disrupted their fun...

(And no, no medical records are necessary - in the example, you just say something like, "I'm sorry, I'm totally colour blind and can't tell colours apart," and it should be OK. In any "press the colours" situation in MMORPGs, *somebody* has to do something that isn't pressing a colour, and you'll likely be asked to do that thing.)

Players use to discriminate the noobs or the bad or not skilled players. Some people believes that we must go to learn the rotations in the MIT to become pro and then come back to play with them. My rotations are mine, i have invented them. Im not a robot and i dont care about vulkks says about them.Im a casual player, never been into operations and maybe i will never play em. So, i dont understand why people is so rude in the flashpoints and the pvp groups.

But who is being rude? If your rotations are *effective*, then it won't matter that yours isn't what this or that guide says, but if you insist on using a less-effective (to the point of being insufficiently effective) rotation just to be an individualist, again, you will be interfering with their fun.

The other point about the published guide rotations is that the people who published them have spent long hours refining them for maximum effectiveness. In harder content, the other members of the group will be expecting you to play the best you can, and if you don't, you will be letting the team down, and *that* is what makes people angry.

As I said before it is unfortunate that you seem to have run into a real bunch of ******es, but they are not typical of the game population in general. They are more the sort of typical "leet" player you'd run into in high school. 😀

Ignore them, literally, and they'll go away.

And, although I've told this story before, I'll tell it again.

One time, while doing a veteran FP through Group Finder, there was one player who was relatively new, and he kept constantly apologizing for things that I, and nor, I think anyone else, even noticed.

I'm not a typist, so I hate stopping to type during an FP, but eventually I had to stop long enough to type that I was "playing with one hand while my Chihuahua was asleep on my left arm, and therefore, he'd get no complaints from me" (or similar words). Things settled down after that and I at least, had a good run. 🙂

(And I can assure you that playing with one hand is not the optimal way to play, but it is very doable. 😁 )

Edited by JediQuaker

No, but it's beneficial to your group to say, "Hey, I have a disability and may be a little slow in this flashpoint," or, "I'm new to this flashpoint and don't know what to do."

It's not about letting you into the group as a "pity" by announcing it, it's letting people understand that the reason you may be lagging behind, or missing a mechanic, or something similar, is because you physically cannot do it, rather than because you don't want to or don't care.

Because success in PvP and flashpoints also depends upon players performing (adequately) well. You may not clear certain bosses in MM, and some encounters in VM may be made significantly harder if you're missing important mechanics.

Sentinels are one of the top-performing specs in the game, especially after the 6.2 update, what are you talking about?

I know most of you dont care about what i think, but let me say this: discrimination turns into segregation in all aspects of life. History has proven it thousands of times.

This seems a bit melodramatic, but, on one hand, I do think that higher tiers of content should be "segregated" insofar as the people doing that content should be capable. If you want to invent your own rotations and ignore guides, that's fine, but don't do it in a setting that's going to impact my performance.

Bottom line: Everyone is trying to give you a sense of the state of the game, gameplay, playerbase, unwritten but widely-accepted informal "rules of etiquette" (*) and so on as they apply to playing in groups. The entire purpose - as far as I can see - is to acknowledge the bad experience you've had while simultaneously encouraging you to stick with it, to stay, and to continue to enjoy the tremendous game set in a universe that we all like and many of us fondly remember from our younger days.

(*) No, they're not really rules.

Edited by mike_carton

Bottom line: Everyone is trying to give you a sense of the state of the game, gameplay, playerbase, unwritten but widely-accepted informal "rules of etiquette" (*) and so on as they apply to playing in groups. The entire purpose - as far as I can see - is to acknowledge the bad experience you've had while simultaneously encouraging you to stick with it, to stay, and to continue to enjoy the tremendous game set in a universe that we all like and many of us fondly remember from our younger days.

(*) No, they're not really rules.

About the only one that's actually a *rule* (and it's not really written anywhere) is that when playing in a group, you're playing as a member of a team, and you should be working to help the team. I'd also point out that it is applicable to far more situations than just a video game.

• 2 weeks later...

Smugglers spend the whole of Chapter 1 smuggling stuff to people on those planets, then get caught up in some very non-smuggling stuff, kinda like Han Solo did in the films.

that is not true

i didnt smuggle anything, there are like 2 or 3 explo quest were u can slice a terminal or decide if u wanna sell or destroy spice but thats it

i wouldnt call that smuggling

after swg(star wars galaxies) became really bad with the infamous nge patch the devs added a really nice smuggling system at one point were u would transport a crate of spice or some smuggling item to a npc and u could not fast travel at that point so u had to fly and travel there urself by starship/speeder and on foot, while on the way to ur target location other bounty hunters could see ur mission on their terminals and could hunt u down while smuggling stuff :D i would love to see that system in swtor

(**edit: also back in swg pre-cu days they added the imperial crackdown feature where imperial trooper npcs would patrol around in towns and would go into cantinas etc to scan players and if u had anything illegal with u u had to pay for it or run&fight)

the whole bounty system in swg was awesome! it would be a great feature in swtor too in my opinion but thats maybe abit offtopic now lol

Edited by MuonGoldSmuggler

that is not true

i didnt smuggle anything, there are like 2 or 3 explo quest were u can slice a terminal or decide if u wanna sell or destroy spice but thats it

i wouldnt call that smuggling

So delivering all that contraband in your ship's cargo hold(1) wasn't smuggling? You carefully made all the necessary customs declarations and paid the import taxes? No? Then you were smuggling.(2)

And all those blasters you arrived on Ord Mantell with? I'd bet good money that Rogun the Butcher wasn't doing all that legal stuff and the intended recipients weren't any sort of official dealers, especially since you were delivering them to two dodgy dudes in a warehouse in the middle of a war zone. That makes you a gun-runner, also known as an arms smuggler.

(1) On Taris, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine and Alderaan.

(2) Smuggling refers specifically to carrying stuff across borders without authorization, or (if transporting the goods is legal) without declaring them for customs and paying the necessary tariffs and/or import duties/taxes.

Okay let me put my 2 cents.

I do not usually do FPs mostly a PvP guy since like 7/9 years of this game.

But last Saturday I do a random MM FP with my heals and Battle of Rishi pops up, We started well but last boss as most know needs coordination and to play with the mechanics.

We get a tank who on last boss in phase when you go in shield behind console does not do it. We try to explain him what he has to do, and what he does he quits group. If you are this kind of player good riddance.

Okay we wait 10 mins and we get another tank who had no idea and also lower level gear, he had 120k hp vs 150 of the previous one. We explain mechanics and after four tries we succeed in doing the boss.

In group content especially the challenging one you have two options, or you listen and learn mechanics, or you just do solo content and the easy one.

Edited by limenutpen

the best way if you are returning from a long break is start a new char from the same class you like to play since there is a big chance then that the high level class you got is at some point crap more in gear and other things.

i have done the same when i took a long break from the game it was for 2 years and the char i got that was strong was more useless since most off the skills got chance's same go's for a lot off skills that are gone in the 2 years.

so i got more 2 chose with it delete the char and do a restart or use that char as a crafter more and make a new one to become my new main since its then more easyer to learn the new things and faster.

what also can help if its a good gear char from back then and more crap now is that you make a new alt char from the same class learn the new things there are in the game and farm some credits with it by selling crap to the npc and compleeting story line quest's and normal quest's to get cradits from it that you can use on the other char more to make it stronger again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.