Guest Box

AFadedMemory

I think it would be awesome if there was a decoration similar to the guild storage, but any visiting subscriber can access it. It could have 4 section: Storage/Gift area, Visitor log, Ledger and Management. The owner of the stronghold, or people with keys, could buy more vault/bays in the storage area, set limits on withdrawing/depositing items in the Management section, and visitors could record their visit by rating the stronghold in the Visitor log section. (The rating could reset every week or something like that.)

Some of the Benefits of the decoration would be: New Cartel item to buy, Increased incentive to subscribe, Increased interest in strongholds and decorating/visiting them, New way to free up storage space. and It would make holidays more fun, Halloween for example.

It would be nice if it could work for both guilds and non guild stronghold, though I would want it mainly for guilds if I had to choose.

Edited by AFadedMemory

What is the storage area *for*?

Is it just another way to access Legacy Storage? Guild Storage (your comment about guilds makes me think it might be)? Some new storage that didn't exist before? If the last, who would be able to access it? How would the access rights be assigned to people? No, stronghold keys aren't a suitable management tool - there would only be five levels:

* Peon (no key at all)

* Bronze key

* Silver key

* Gold key

* Owner of the stronghold

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I would LOVE to have a guest box as a stronghold decoration.

I would put goodies in it during the holidays and social events.

For example, I'd put mounts and pets and fun things in it for Mardi Gras and Christmas, so people could visit and pick up a free gift.

I'd also put fun foods and drinks inside it during social events, so people could have snacks without having to trade with me.

Come to think of it, I'd love one that looks like a storage chest (for fun prizes), one that looks like a shelf of tech stuff (for gear and such), and one that looks like a fridge or bar shelf (for food/drinks).

It would be extra awesome if people on my Ignore list couldn't pull things out of the box, and double awesome if guests could put things IN the box.

It would also be nice if I could limit the box based on stronghold keys, but I imagine that would be more complicated. I'm not really worried about management, because I wouldn't be putting very valuable things in it. I'd probably just stock it up for the holidays and during events.

Edited by Xina_LA

What is the storage area *for*?

Is it just another way to access Legacy Storage? Guild Storage (your comment about guilds makes me think it might be)? Some new storage that didn't exist before? If the last, who would be able to access it? How would the access rights be assigned to people? No, stronghold keys aren't a suitable management tool - there would only be five levels:

* Peon (no key at all)

* Bronze key

* Silver key

* Gold key

* Owner of the stronghold

The main purpose of the New Decoration would be to leave gifts for people who visit your stronghold, thus anyone player should be able to access it, or at least subscribers. Using the storage mechanics or something similar would probable be the easiest way to bring the item into exists, though it would have to be instance biased so you can see each individual stronghold owners inventor. The Key system suggestion wasn't to assigned who could access it, but who could manage it. I threw it in there because i wasn't really sure how to assign box management for guilds, though thinking about it now stronghold owner/Guildmaster could be the people solely responsible.

Edited by AFadedMemory

I would put goodies in it during the holidays and social events.

For example, I'd put mounts and pets and fun things in it for Mardi Gras and Christmas, so people could visit and pick up a free gift.

I'd also put fun foods and drinks inside it during social events, so people could have snacks without having to trade with me.

Come to think of it, I'd love one that looks like a storage chest (for fun prizes), one that looks like a shelf of tech stuff (for gear and such), and one that looks like a fridge or bar shelf (for food/drinks).

It would be extra awesome if people on my Ignore list couldn't pull things out of the box, and double awesome if guests could put things IN the box.

It would also be nice if I could limit the box based on stronghold keys, but I imagine that would be more complicated. I'm not really worried about management, because I wouldn't be putting very valuable things in it. I'd probably just stock it up for the holidays and during events.

I defiantly would like a decoration with a unique appearance, different from guild/legacy storages. Though due to the complexity of creating multiple separate instances I don't think its realistic to have more the one type of gift box.

Edited by AFadedMemory

We have different styles of the existing storage types, and we can place multiples of them.

My larger strongholds have cargo/legacy/guild storage in multiple locations.

I've used all three types of cargo hold in the same stronghold, in different places.

I'm not sure why it would be a problem.

Note: All three types of cargo hold -- not cargo/legacy/guild -- the wall cargo hold, the floor cargo hold, and the normal cargo bay that looks like the bigger terminals you see on Fleet.

Speaking of which -- I'd love to see more styles of Legacy and Guild storage.

Edited by Xina_LA

We have different styles of the existing storage types, and we can place multiples of them.

My larger strongholds have cargo/legacy/guild storage in multiple locations.

I've used all three types of cargo hold in the same stronghold, in different places.

I'm not sure why it would be a problem.

Note: All three types of cargo hold -- not cargo/legacy/guild -- the wall cargo hold, the floor cargo hold, and the normal cargo bay that looks like the bigger terminals you see on Fleet.

Speaking of which -- I'd love to see more styles of Legacy and Guild storage.

From your previous post it sounded like each individual box would have it's own separate inventory space ie refrigerator would have food items, Chest would have prizes, etc. If your intent is to have each box separate without showing the other decoration's inventory the developer would have to create 3 complex instance based decorations if people are going to see your inventory instead of their own (like how the cargo/legacy/guild boxes currently work.) I'm not opposed to that idea, though I don't think the money vs effort would be worth the developer's time. It would be more realistic to have a unique looking item that has multiple vaults similar to the guild bank. It should also have withdraw, access and visibility managing options that slightly differ from the guild banks.

I'd definitely like to see more storage skins as well

Edited by AFadedMemory

I would put goodies in it during the holidays and social events....

...Come to think of it, I'd love one that looks like a storage chest (for fun prizes), one that looks like a shelf of tech stuff (for gear and such), and one that looks like a fridge or bar shelf (for food/drinks).

What if it the decoration is a fancy looking door/doorway. One that looks like it would lead to a pantry or something, but you click on it to open the storage/gift box menu. It would add an element of role play because the person using it could image it to be what ever they want.

Edited by AFadedMemory

From your previous post it sounded like each individual box would have it's own separate inventory space ie refrigerator would have food items, Chest would have prizes, etc.

I imagined they would all go to the same storage vault, just like the existing Cargo Bay decorations.

The appearance would just help the deco fit the room's theme and maybe hint about what's inside.

If it's a fully fledged storage space, it could have multiple tabs and people could organize contents how they please.

Edited by Xina_LA

I imagined they would all go to the same storage vault, just like the existing Cargo Bay decorations.

The appearance would just help the deco fit the room's theme and maybe hint about what's inside.

If it's a fully fledged storage space, it could have multiple tabs and people could organize contents how they please.

Same space different skins gotcha! I think that would be cool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.