Simple easy way to change pvp for the better....

kuthroat

Why not have a 2v2 ranked pvp option?

1. It is difficult to find a committed group of four people to pvp.

2. It would be less toxic because the person you are with, you know and can develop chemistry with. There is way less dynamics of blame to go around.

2a.. This would encourage more people to try ranked and pvp altogether. Most people have at least one person in guild that likes pvp and would try ranked with another person they know they can trust.

3. Most of the 4 v 4 seem to require certain classes over others. 2v2 perhaps could change this and many different combos could be viable. It would perhaps be more skill and strategy based.

4. solo ranked never pops...I think I have gotten it once since returning to the game.

5. This seems like an easy experiment to try and could have unexpected results. This seems like a no brainer.

1. It is difficult to find a committed group of four people to pvp.

2. It would be less toxic because the person you are with, you know and can develop chemistry with. There is way less dynamics of blame to go around.

2a.. This would encourage more people to try ranked and pvp altogether. Most people have at least one person in guild that likes pvp and would try ranked with another person they know they can trust.

3. Most of the 4 v 4 seem to require certain classes over others. 2v2 perhaps could change this and many different combos could be viable. It would perhaps be more skill and strategy based.

4. solo ranked never pops...I think I have gotten it once since returning to the game.

5. This seems like an easy experiment to try and could have unexpected results. This seems like a no brainer.

I believe the biggest problems with SWTOR pvp is lack of participation from the player base. So literally anything that can be done to encourage more players is a great idea IMO.

The second issue is class balance - a few tweaks and attention from the devs would go a long way.

that would even get worse in a 2 v 2 situation

First PvP proposal I've seen in a while that does not propose to take things away from other players or propose to force other players to play what the proposer wants to play! (*)

I support it.

The developers could add it with minimal extra effort. No proposal is perfect. No harm in trying it; it will provide another option to players who want to try it.

(*) Bonus: No foul language. No elitism. No sneering at PvE players.

Agreed. There's no reason anything other than two operatives/scoundrels in 2v2 ranked. Maybe deception sin would have made the cut before death knell got nerfed, but not anymore.

Or a good tank and literally any healer. There’s no way 2v2 wouldn’t devolve into that.