It may not be over after all

RameiArashi

Valiyn obssesed fans are suggesting she's going to pull a Tenbrae/Vitiate/Valkorian and show up in a new body. Because of two scenes in Echoes of Oblivion. And now Senya's email worries me, the developers may actually think that's a good idea

One of two dead students (they are called students not padawans) can actually be seen as a corpse and Valiyn appears to be staring at her. In the final scene that red headed woman is alive. Later we get an email from her teacher saying The Force has returned her.. And Senya (if she's alive for you) sends a letter expressing concern her daughter has not found peace.

NO NO NO, a thousand times NO. Please don't do that to us. Let the dead stay dead for once..

Well in theory the dark side dead become vengeful spirits instead of becoming one with the force. So it could very well be that Vaylin would have some role to play as a force ghost.

It do wonder though how much this is the end of an era as the chapter does seem to suggest. The next emperor if you will hasn't risen up as far as we know and the question there is how to interpret what just happened.

In RoS we see that Palpatine has the power of all the Sith that came before him. Are these the beginnings of that I wonder? But then the question arises of how our characters fit into that, particularly the Sith ones.

So in a sense, this might raise more questions than it answers and, let's be honest, is it ever over in Star Wars?

I keep thinking we're *Past all that then here we are back fighting that same fight again from "Wrapped up" years ago.

I'd just as soon rather not hear that voice again truth be told. We have enough "Enemies" already both sides. Considering Lana is back at her "staring at us while we sleep" again I think there's enough Edgy WAIFU's already.

I hope it's true. She's a great character who deserved better. Vaylin possibly coming back is one the few things I liked about EoB... and the only (possible) future storyline I'm interested in (Rep vs Imp has been done to death already and the Mandalorian stuff doesn't interest me all that much either).

Observation: ((spoilers))

What goes on in the final part of Echoes (once you finish the part on the ship) happens in Satele's head, and everyone there except Satele, possibly the other members of her group that went to the ship, TVV, and you are *Satele's memories* of people, not their spirits.

I have zero investment in Vaylin, but the camerawork in Echoes of Vengeance made it fairly clear to me that the intent was for Vaylin to revive herself via possessing the red head without anyone, potentially even the player, from noticing. There might have been some wiggle room the day of release since we didn't know the names of the students. However now that we know from Satele that one of the dead students miraculously came back from the dead, I don't think there is much room for debate in terms of intent unless you are in denial.

Where it goes from here, I have no idea. She has no resources to be a major threat, but she didn't seem interested in becoming a better person. Although since Satele seems to be being brought into the Malgus story, I suppose that she will be brought along as well.

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

I have zero investment in Vaylin, but the camerawork in Echoes of Vengeance made it fairly clear to me that the intent was for Vaylin to revive herself via possessing the red head without anyone, potentially even the player, from noticing. There might have been some wiggle room the day of release since we didn't know the names of the students. However now that we know from Satele that one of the dead students miraculously came back from the dead, I don't think there is much room for debate in terms of intent unless you are in denial.

Where it goes from here, I have no idea. She has no resources to be a major threat, but she didn't seem interested in becoming a better person. Although since Satele seems to be being brought into the Malgus story, I suppose that she will be brought along as well.

Well that's very possible. But I think you'll find that there are a lot of people who felt that Vaylin was around for too short a time. What I will note is that all the nuance that she gained in KotET (as opposed to KotFE) seems to've disappeared again. So in that sense I am concerned still with this scenario playing out.

Of course, there is a question that needs answering and that's who follows on from Valkorion. There sort of has to be an evil mastermind in play, even if it's in the background. Perhaps that's Vaylin, perhaps someone else...

Valiyn obssesed fans are suggesting she's going to pull a Tenbrae/Vitiate/Valkorian and show up in a new body.

It's not just Vaylin Obsessed fans it's pretty obvious both from Senya and Satele's mail, that's exactly what Vaylin did. Why and what she wants are the big question.

The red-haired woman, I thought was Aryn Leneer, who figured in the Darth Malgus novel, Deceived. She fought Malgus after he murdered her master Ven Zallow if memory serves (it's been a while since I read it). Malgus spared her life. Perhaps she might be a link for Vaylin to return, or maybe, to my thinking, she'll be a way to get back to Malgus who split after the last part of the story.

The NPCs that accompany the player character attribute their being there or their knowledge of the situation to you, the player character not to the former Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. So all those others at the endmay be her memories but the dead who follow you around are theire because of you, not her,

If Arcann and Senya live they follow you even if you tell them not to,. When Valiyn and the other dead brother appear he seems forgiving of Arcann but Valiyn is not forgiving anybody and she says she is only there because you dragged her there. If you ask her to explain that just says as always you have no idea what you are doing. She's obviously still inside you from when you killed her.. If you killed Arcaan and Senya, their angry spirits appear seaking vengence not against you they say your time will come but against Valkorian, the cause of it all. If you ask Senya how she can be there when she is dead she will tell you to ask yourself that. Clearly, they are all in side you from when you killed them. Darth Marr if asked how he knows so much will say he only knows what you know, not what Satele knows,what you know. Raven is the only one who does not speak in riddles. He just says he will exist as long as Tanebrae exists.

I admit to be slow on the uptake. I didn't even think of the idea that Valiyn would poll a Tanebrae unitl someone else brought it up. I just figured it was an Imperial Agent or other faction spy we would have to deal with. Once I read that suggestion I went back to reread the emails. And yes it seems that's what is implied. I just hope it isn' the actual plan.t This storyline needs to end already.

Edited by RameiArashi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.