The Reclaiming of Taris

AFadedMemory

I bought this from the Cartel Market and wanted to donate it to a guild. However it is bound for 2ish days. Does anyone know if this can be donated/copied through credits once claimed by a player? I don't really want to wait for it to unbind. Edited by AFadedMemory

Nope, items bought from the Cartel Market are always bound to the character that claimed it for 36 hours before you can trade

sell or donate it. It is supposed to prevent the abuse of potential glitches and gives the devs some time to pull it from the market or negate the transaction before it can be exploited en masse.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I bought this from the Cartel Market and wanted to donate it to a guild. However it is bound for 2ish days. Does anyone know if this can be donated/copied through credits once claimed by a player? I don't really want to wait for it to unbind.

if it's the painting, you just ad it to your own decos, then pay 50k (I think ) to donate a copy to your guild. But it always has to be added to your collection first. It's always better to donate cc decos, rather than buying, works out cheaper. The non cm decos can be different, as some are quite cheap, but still cost 50k to donate.

if it's the painting, you just ad it to your own decos, then pay 50k (I think ) to donate a copy to your guild. But it always has to be added to your collection first. It's always better to donate cc decos, rather than buying, works out cheaper. The non cm decos can be different, as some are quite cheap, but still cost 50k to donate.

Some Items, like the contraband slot machine, can't be donated from you personal collection. Several of these non donatable items have now been changed from non to donatable, like the floor and wall storage safes bought at the security code vendor. Landscape Paintings from the cartel market were non donatable, I found that out the hard way a few years ago. I'm wondering if that changed and was hoping someone had successful donated a Landscape Painting from their personal collection recently.

Edited by AFadedMemory

Nope, items bought from the Cartel Market are always bound to the character that claimed it for 36 hours before you can trade

sell or donate it. It is supposed to prevent the abuse of potential glitches and gives the devs some time to pull it from the market or negate the transaction before it can be exploited en masse.

If you are apart of a guild you can donate/copy decorations from you personal strongehold collection by paying in game credits. (You can donate a single item many times fyi.) This can be done the moment you claim/add it to your collection. So if I had a bound decoration I could add it to my personal collection then donate vi credits to a guild without having to wait for the bound timer to run out. However not all decorations can be donated vi credits. Some flashpoint or operation decorations can't be donated, as well as a few single purchase cartel decorations. If I add those to my collection with the intend to donate to guild I would be out of luck, and would have to repurchase the decoration or redo the the flashpoint/operation until the item drops again.

Edited by AFadedMemory

Some Items, like the contraband slot machine, can't be donated from you personal collection. Several of these non donatable items have now been changed from non to donatable, like the floor and wall storage safes bought at the security code vendor. Landscape Paintings from the cartel market were non donatable, I found that out the hard way a few years ago. I'm wondering if that changed and was hoping someone had successful donated a Landscape Painting from their personal collection recently.

Most things can be donated, some can't, but supposedly the devs are working on that. But the contraband slot machine, can be donated, just checked. But unfortunately the painting can't. I suggest messaging the community managers, to see if this is going to change, as buying it to donate it to the guild is a crime against the players. We spend enough on CM items for ourselves, we shouldn't have to do it for guilds.

Most things can be donated, some can't, but supposedly the devs are working on that. But the contraband slot machine, can be donated, just checked. But unfortunately the painting can't. I suggest messaging the community managers, to see if this is going to change, as buying it to donate it to the guild is a crime against the players. We spend enough on CM items for ourselves, we shouldn't have to do it for guilds.

Thanks for the update! It's good to know the contraband slot machine can now be donated. I'm pretty sure I made the mistake of donating it to my personal collection, then having to buy a new one on the GTN just to donate it to my guild. Though one could argue that that is no longer a mistake ha ha!

I'm not too worried about single use donation for non donatable items. I have enough credits to buy most of the decoration I want from the GTN so I can avoid the bound timer. I only bought this one from the cartel market because 100ish CC was cheaper then 25 million credits on the GTN.

Edited by AFadedMemory

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.