Somewhat Disappointed Returning Subscriber

rfarsier

Finally returned today to SWToR after already being completely bored with WOW:SL. Picked up my Jedi and started the Iokath story. Got to Escape the Tributary Courtyard and completed the fight as the big droid...now I am stuck there (can’t eject from the droid). I read on the “Known Bug Post” that this is, in fact, a known bug since the last patch. Really disappointed that EA/Bioware haven’t corrected know progression bug like this. Not here to rant or rave, just voice my disappointment

Wow, so anyone is stuck (literally) basically has to wait nearly a week to play again? I find that a bit...unacceptable. I am fairly sympathetic to what developers have to go through, but to leave a bug that makes your product unplayable for some customers for a week seems pretty callous

I mean, it's a hard cost-benefit analysis. The amount of people currently running that segment of the story is probably pretty slim relative to the number of people that would do Echoes/Spirit, and since there is a way to skip straight to Ossus which is not broken, it's probably more worthwhile to ship what you have and fix the broken segment later.

It doesn't make it less crappy, but I think pushing back an update which is already, more or less, an update delayed by several months is not worthwhile for this reason.

No kind of quick travel or any ability like that is usable

I completely understand why they aren’t jumping on the issue immediately...just sucks being stuck. That being said, guess I’ll drift over to the dark side since my Juggernaut isn’t stuck. 😉

Wow, so anyone is stuck (literally) basically has to wait nearly a week to play again? I find that a bit...unacceptable. I am fairly sympathetic to what developers have to go through, but to leave a bug that makes your product unplayable for some customers for a week seems pretty callous

2 of my Alts are in the same boat as yours, but with chapter 1 of Kotet. Once again another walker issue where it won’t play the cutscene and you can’t get out of the walker.

I’ve a RL friend I convinced to come play the game. They even paid to make an instant lvl 70 and we were going to start playing Kotet together (obviously chapter 1 is more solo).

Now they can’t play at all because of this and I’ve heard no end of how they feel regarding the bugs. I felt so bad that Ive sent them a prepaid credit card worth $50 because Bioware CS said there is nothing they can do,