Game Update 6.2 'Echoes of Vengeance' is Live!

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

It is our pleasure to say that Game Update 6.2 'Echoes of Vengeance' is now live! Players will discover what happened to Satele Shan and her followers’ ship in our latest story update, Echoes of Oblivion. For those who are looking for new challenges, jump into the "Spirit of Vengeance" Flashpoint to help Shae Vizla fight against renegade Mandalorians and save her flagship. Along with those additions, we’re introducing a new Login Rewards system, a redesigned Emote Window, another batch of the Ranked Replica rewards, and more!

As I discussed previously on the Forums, we have two new music tracks scheduled to be released on YouTube later this week. Here is the schedule:

• Splinter Of The Minds Eye –

• The Spirit Of Vengeance –

Both of those are scheduled to get published on YouTube at 12:00pm CST (6:00pm GMT) on their respective days. Once they're published, I'll make those bullet points link directly to them.

Edited by DanielSteed

Really, really liked the story update - really enjoyed playing it. Less impressed with the flashpoint sadly, far too many trash mobs and its seems to be the same group of mobs again and again. Did the first boss and left several trash mob groups later. I'll try it again another time when I have more time/patience. I'm sure it will be more fun in a group and not in solo mode.

Please say that is the end of Valkorian and Zakuul throw backs.

The best writing and experience of the game is found in the 1 to 50 game with the individual class stories some of which are even tied to the Emperors Hand, the Emperor himself and the Empire he spent 300 years building and the massive galactic war he started that launched our heroes path in the galaxy.

So if you are going to have throw backs that basically say anyone that didn't pick mercy at every step is a bastard go with the Baras, the Jadas, the Servant One/Two throw backs no Valkorian and his magic empire and magic fleet. Sure it didn't all turn out to be a bad dream and it happened but if someone is going to see my Sith Warrior off on killing the same ghost his killed before make it Jaesa if someone is going to say you really picked the wrong side make it Baras.

The early story was amazing yet we seem to keep getting pulled back into the Zakuul storyline which was kind of OTT with an unkillable fleet that was killed off completely in one afternoon.

The story is "meh" at best, sort of feels like those pizza leftovers you get to find lying around in the kitchen the day after, right?

It's the FP that "bugs" me - I don't even know what it's about - it's such a buggy mess I didn't get the chance to focus on what was going on. Shame :(

Let me say, I'm really impressed! The story is amazing, the sound effects and voices are brilliant - so huge credit to the voice actors -, and I'm really curious about what will happen next! Sure, there were some bugs, but it did not rob me of the game experience, also based on the current circumstances, you guys managed to give us a huge quality content - and there is nothing which cannot be fixed later -, so thank you for putting your heart into the game for us! ^^

This patch is literal garbage. Can't even finish the download. Gets to download main assets, hits 54% and crashes everytime. My hope tonight was that instead of playing, I could instead be forced to download the entire game. So great job there you incompetent turds.

Stick in quick play mode, too. It says I can do the starting missions for all classes nothing more.

At least they're aware of it. I hope the ETA is soon!

me too. At 100%, re-booted multiple times but still can 't actually play.

***!??

Edited by Gnatsum

me too. At 100%, re-booted multiple times but still can 't actually play.

***!??

Someone from another post gave me a fix that worked. If you go into your launcher settings in notepad(Program Files x86>>Electronic Arts>>Bioware>>Star Wars: The Old Republic for me) and change

"bitraider_disable": false

to

"bitraider_disable": "false"

and reboot the game it'll start actually downloading the patch. Seriously, just took throwing missed quotation marks into a text file and it worked like a charm.

Can't play the game fully, stuck in Quick Play mode with there being a box in the top right corner saying "game downloading" and its stuck at 0% wont download the game. Anyone know anything about this and when it will be fixed??:confused::confused: Edited by Snuggiepieman

Someone from another post gave me a fix that worked. If you go into your launcher settings in notepad(Program Files x86>>Electronic Arts>>Bioware>>Star Wars: The Old Republic for me) and change

"bitraider_disable": false

to

"bitraider_disable": "false"

and reboot the game it'll start actually downloading the patch. Seriously, just took throwing missed quotation marks into a text file and it worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot! I just followed your instructions and the update is downloading as we speak. Much appreciated.

Hello everyone!

It is our pleasure to say that Game Update 6.2 'Echoes of Vengeance' is now live! Players will discover what happened to Satele Shan and her followers’ ship in our latest story update, Echoes of Oblivion. For those who are looking for new challenges, jump into the "Spirit of Vengeance" Flashpoint to help Shae Vizla fight against renegade Mandalorians and save her flagship. Along with those additions, we’re introducing a new Login Rewards system, a redesigned Emote Window, another batch of the Ranked Replica rewards, and more!

As I discussed previously on the Forums, we have two new music tracks scheduled to be released on YouTube later this week. Here is the schedule:

• Splinter Of The Minds Eye – December 12th
  • The Spirit Of Vengeance – December 13th

Both of those are scheduled to get published on YouTube at 12:00pm CST (6:00pm GMT) on their respective days. Once they're published, I'll make those bullet points link directly to them.

Quick question:

Is the final fight in Echoes bugged as the first fight with Valkorian you can't kill the adds and the others you can? Just want to see before I take any of my other character through this. It was fine with my dps sage as she has the best gear so far but no so much with the others.

Any fixes to the quick play bug yet? :(

My game is having a weird issue and other people can confirm this. My game update installed but when I log into the actual game it has been at 0.00% download for 2 days now I am really confused/frustrated. Why is my in game not installing?