Chest armors in my Legacy

Oreget

So my question is if I have full set of armor unlocked in my legacy I can put them on my chars.

But the chest only armors such as honored something I cant.Why?

Needs fixing.

The chests that have mods in them can't be unlock, but the empty shells can. Not broken, working as intended .

So my question is if I have full set of armor unlocked in my legacy I can put them on my chars.

But the chest only armors such as honored something I cant.Why?

Needs fixing.

It can't be fixed, since it's *meant* to be that way. Of course, the reason it's *meant* to be that way hasn't been relevant in years.

And there are a few full sets like that, where they can't be claimed, and for the same reason.

My own view is that since the reasons for it have disappeared over the years, it probably *is* time for them to revisit those sets and pieces. (Usually when people say, "it's time we had X" or "X is long overdue" or "It's 2020, why don't we have X", the reasons for and against *haven't* changed, but in this case, they have.)

It can't be fixed, since it's *meant* to be that way. Of course, the reason it's *meant* to be that way hasn't been relevant in years.

And there are a few full sets like that, where they can't be claimed, and for the same reason.

My own view is that since the reasons for it have disappeared over the years, it probably *is* time for them to revisit those sets and pieces. (Usually when people say, "it's time we had X" or "X is long overdue" or "It's 2020, why don't we have X", the reasons for and against *haven't* changed, but in this case, they have.)

exactly, would be nice to be able to unlock them.

Technically, you can pull the mods out and sell them to a vendor so, if you could unlock it as is, it would be an infinite credit generator.

However, I don't see any reason they cannot change the item to an empty shell.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Technically, you can pull the mods out and sell them to a vendor so, if you could unlock it as is, it would be an infinite credit generator.

However, I don't see any reason they cannot change the item to an empty shell.

didn't know that, thought that they counted as a cm item.

So if they were to allow them to be unlocked, they'd have to change that...lol

You learn something new everyday...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

Can you sell them for less than the extraction cost? (For top-end mod-objects like 306s, no, you can't, and for the bottomest of bottom-end ones like the junk you get from the <Level 10 Modifications Vendor>, you can(1), but I'm not sure where the break-even point is.)

(1) Well, at some point much earlier in the game's life, you could, I think before 4.0.

Can you sell them for less than the extraction cost? (For top-end mod-objects like 306s, no, you can't, and for the bottomest of bottom-end ones like the junk you get from the <Level 10 Modifications Vendor>, you can(1), but I'm not sure where the break-even point is.)

(1) Well, at some point much earlier in the game's life, you could, I think before 4.0.

I happened to have one of those can-not-be-claimed-once-unlocked-items on a character that I had planned to use it for an outfit but had yet to unlock it. I extracted the three mods. The extraction cost for each mod was 253 credits. I then sold each of the mods and received 270 credits for the armoring, and 70 credits each for the mod and enhancement for a total of 410 credits.

(270 + 70 + 70) - (253 * 3) = -349

It costs more to extract the mods than you will receive for selling them. Seems like a clear enough case that we should now be able to claim copies of these items from our Collections.

I happened to have one of those can-not-be-claimed-once-unlocked-items on a character that I had planned to use it for an outfit but had yet to unlock it. I extracted the three mods. The extraction cost for each mod was 253 credits. I then sold each of the mods and received 270 credits for the armoring, and 70 credits each for the mod and enhancement for a total of 410 credits.

(270 + 70 + 70) - (253 * 3) = -349

It costs more to extract the mods than you will receive for selling them. Seems like a clear enough case that we should now be able to claim copies of these items from our Collections.

So if you claim N copies and extract just the armorings, you come out ahead (270-253 is +17)...

So no, they wouldn't just make them claimable, but rather (as people have suggested before) that the claimed copies are *empty*, which ultimately, is what the outfit crowd really want.

So if you claim N copies and extract just the armorings, you come out ahead (270-253 is +17)...

So no, they wouldn't just make them claimable, but rather (as people have suggested before) that the claimed copies are *empty*, which ultimately, is what the outfit crowd really want.

Which means changing an item that has already been released, which they have stated they will not do, and as illogical as it seems in this situation (because those mods are useless) that will be the reason they will claim for why they can not do that. So the simple answer is to lower the value of the armoring to 253 credits.

Which means changing an item that has already been released, which they have stated they will not do, and as illogical as it seems in this situation (because those mods are useless) that will be the reason they will claim for why they can not do that. So the simple answer is to lower the value of the armoring to 253 credits.

They could leave the item as it is, but have a extra bit that when it's pulled from collections it's actually empty. That way, people who buy it, get the mods, etc, so that hasn't changed, but people who unlock it and pull them out of collections, get the empty shells

They could leave the item as it is, but have a extra bit that when it's pulled from collections it's actually empty. That way, people who buy it, get the mods, etc, so that hasn't changed, but people who unlock it and pull them out of collections, get the empty shells

This is what I meant above.

The basic bottom line is that, contrary to some people's belief, not everything in Collections is 'claimable'. There are some pieces, for example, that require Cartel Market Certificates to purchase.

It may be a bit of a screw up, or whatever, but it is what it is. 😀

The basic bottom line is that, contrary to some people's belief, not everything in Collections is 'claimable'. There are some pieces, for example, that require Cartel Market Certificates to purchase.

It may be a bit of a screw up, or whatever, but it is what it is. 😀

You used to be able to unlock items bought with cartel certs, but they changed that at some point, people were using certs to get and unlock expensive pieces...lol. I got revans helmet at a time people were going crazy for it, with certs, and unlocked the whole set, as well as one of the throne mounts (I think), and some toys...lol. Tried it recently but it didn't work...lol