How do I remove/delete a DLC pet?

Jedi_Bread

How should I feel after receiving my 179,836,452nd Astromech droid? Instead of letting it get to me, I subject it to the ultimate insult: ignoring it.

1. Click the item in your inventory and consume it.

2. Go into your Pets sections of Abilities and click it off to dismiss it.

That’s kinda weird that it affects you enough to not want to play but heh to each there own.

If you have NOT used the pet (didn’t consume it), you can destroy any item in the game by dragging it out of your inventory onto the floor. A confirmation dialog box will pop up asking if you want to destroy the item. Click yes.

If you already used the pet, then it’s permanently in your pet abilities list. But you will never have to summon it.

Edited by Ld-Siris

That’s kinda weird that it affects you enough to not want to play but heh to each there own.

If you have NOT used the pet (didn’t consume it), you can destroy any item in the game by dragging it out of your inventory onto the floor. A confirmation dialog box will pop up asking if you want to destroy the item. Click yes.

If you already used the pet, then it’s permanently in your pet abilities list. But you will never have to summon it.

Oh no I'm still playing The Old Republic. I love the game. The ship model, btw, is in my abilities tab already

Oh no I'm still playing The Old Republic. I love the game. The ship model, btw, is in my abilities tab already

Then you are stuck with it. But as has been stated, you do not need to summon the pet ever. Or you could delete your character and make a new one and then just destroy the item instead of adding the pet to your list.

How should I feel after receiving my 179,836,452nd Astromech droid? Instead of letting it get to me, I subject it to the ultimate insult: ignoring it.

1. Click the item in your inventory and consume it.

2. Go into your Pets sections of Abilities and click it off to dismiss it.

It's not like that. But it is in my Abilities. I wanna know if I can still get rid of it, there's no way it's impossible, especially given the amount of stuff I've seen as a gamer, solving problems and all.

Then you are stuck with it. But as has been stated, you do not need to summon the pet ever. Or you could delete your character and make a new one and then just destroy the item instead of adding the pet to your list.

Having it isn't exactly a good feeling...

If you want the ability to summon the Vanguard Stardrive out of your abilities bar, just click and hold it, drag it out of there and release; it remains in your claimed pets, but unless you specifically go into the pets tab of your powers window and summon it or get it while using the Summon Random Pet ability, you don't have to see it or the ability icon anymore.

First of all, the pet has nothing to do with the Onslaught expansion. It is a simple log-in reward between October 20th and November 17th. You would have to have not logged into the game for an entire month to not receive it.

Once you claimed it instead of destroying the mail or the item itself when you collect the mail attachment, you are stuck with it in your abilities tab, so the only option you have is to delete your character altogether. My advice would be to get over yourself and simply forget about it in your abilities tab, since it will be cluttered with junk anyway.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I hate to say this, but if having one single icon amongst your dozens upon dozens of other icons (if not hundreds, if you have lots of mounts and pets) is giving you this much grief...

You might want to seek some professional help.

And I'm not saying this as some ******e-y comment.

I'm serious. If you get this upset about such a tiny insignificant thing, you might want to get some council on how to let go of all that anger and hatred (to use a star wars quote).

It's not good for you in the long run.

(Unless this is just an elaborate way of you whining about how Disney ruined everything... if that's the case, kindly go somewhere else)

Ok since people are either being rude or misunderstanding what I'm saying, I'm just gonna ask this: How do I delete this post I made

You could report yourself and say in the text box that you said something catastrophically stupid(1) and would like that they delete the entire thread.

(1) I'm not expressing any sort of opinion on what you said, but a recommendation for what you should tell the moderators.

If only pets were treated the same way mounts were, this would fix everything. I have asked for this in the suggestion forum but the devs don't want to take the time to implement this feature.

You could select which pets are your favorite and only those pets would pop out when hitting your random pet button.

I too have added some undesirable pets to my evil hard core Sith character that I wish I never did. Best way to describe them is they're cute or cuddly and they don't match my characters mystique. I can't remove them now. Only way to not have them show up is to keep clicking the random pet button over and over until one pops up that I don't mind it following my character around.

Well, you could pretend it was your lunch following you around :p

Or Jedi deterrant -

"You're claiming that I'm an evil Sith; would an evil Sith have such a cute and cuddly companion as this Vorn Tiger Cub? I obviously can't be the Sith you're looking for, there must be some mistake."

or

"If you strike me down, you will completely traumatise my poor Akk Pup that will then have no one left to care for it and be left alone in an unfeeling galaxy."

or even

"Very well, Jedi. Kill me; but first, explain to this sweet, innocent little Orochick why you think the only solution is to kill the one that raised it from a hatchling in cold blood."

Edited by turbomagnus