How do we raid when 1/6 Kolto Injections fail to cast?

Whoaness

I'm sure a lot of people are getting this. I've seen it in another thread about Operative bugs.

I'm thinking we're not reliable for raid healing if we have a skill that has a chance of not casting. Too many things hinge on Kolto Injection, particularly TA. If Kolto Injection fails and TA falls off, we can't use Stim Boost (something we need up all the time), and we can't do Surgical Probe. It's also the strongest heal in the rotation, so if the tank is taking a good beating, can't rely on this to keep him up.

1/6 is about the average that I get. The worst consecutive times was 3 fails in a row where I was soloing a champion for a good 5 minutes when this got me killed.

Please share your report. Already had a "known bug" feedback with the bug submission.

That's really odd. I use it all the time and haven't really had any issues.

There has been a few times where it failed and I wasn't sure if it got interupted while I was casting. If I was to give all those to the bug, I'd still say it works 98% of the time for me.

I've used it a lot to. Currently level 45 and it's used every time I fight a gold mob.

It comes in bunches for me, and I'm starting to think it has something to do with lag. For the most part, I won't have issues, but suddenly I'll have three not fire off with no cue for why it isn't going (LOS, etc.). I've usually been able to fix it by moving, but it really is a hassle when it does happen.

It has failed me serveral times aswell. Ive been close to wipes becouse of this since i just heal in my concelment spec most of the time and are extremly dependable on getting my casts of..

Once you spec healing you wont notice it as much since you roll HoT's and SP most of the times..but its pain to have it fail you when you really needs it, something that should be fixed ASAP by bw.. in raids we will have to cast a great deal.

Cover has absolutely nothing to do with it, I never use cover and it is nowhere to be found on any hot bar. However here is a video of the ability failing. I have also noticed this on a few other abilities (like corrosive dart as well) and I believe that it is latency related which really sucks because my ping is only 100. It seems that if you spam the button it works better but pressing it once sometimes with server lag it doesn't see it correctly however the ability still casts but doesn't actually heal.

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fc79BNC-zI

Edited by Gliese

Cover has absolutely nothing to do with it, I never use cover and it is nowhere to be found on any hot bar. However here is a video of the ability failing. I have also noticed this on a few other abilities (like corrosive dart as well) and I believe that it is latency related which really sucks because my ping is only 100. It seems that if you spam the button it works better but pressing it once sometimes with server lag it doesn't see it correctly however the ability still casts but doesn't actually heal.

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fc79BNC-zI

Thanks for the video. I've also noticed some other skills that fail to cast, like Adrenaline Probe and Stim Boost, even though they don't go on GCD, will not be able to activate until your GCD is down. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe this isn't specific for operative, but that Kolto Injection one is quite brutal.

Stop going into cover. That's what is doing it.

This is what causes the problem for me, many times when I am in cover my Kolto Injection fails...since we dont really use it I leave cover and it fixes it for me. It is definitely a bug that doesnt happen to everyone and not all the time.

EDIT: for above post....this may be correct I was having a lot of ISP issues when it was happening most and it seems to have died down now that my connection is better. Who knows...

Edited by STGrant

I completely gave up on Operative healing because of the kolto injection issue. Won't go back until this is resolved. I have a feeling the people that aren't having the issue are probably pinging around 40 or less.

Never had an issue with it myself, perhaps you are being attacked and the pushback is causing a cancel? I know personally that without the talents in the healing tree, if you get hit enough, the spell gets cancelled, instead of simply being pushed back in cast time.

Also, don't broad-base your claim saying it affects everyone with x stats, my ping is usually about 60-80, and I have never had any issues.

Never had an issue with it myself, perhaps you are being attacked and the pushback is causing a cancel? I know personally that without the talents in the healing tree, if you get hit enough, the spell gets cancelled, instead of simply being pushed back in cast time.

Also, don't broad-base your claim saying it affects everyone with x stats, my ping is usually about 60-80, and I have never had any issues.

Look at the video? He's just standing there at an imperial base healing himself. I'm not getting attacked when it happens.

I've experienced this issue many times and have wiped in hard modes because of it. Respecced to dps because I didn't want to drag people down. Watch the video and quit posting about why you think it's happening because we aren't "going into cover". People filling threads with stupid posts on these forums makes me want to vomit. Wish the mods removed some of that drivel instead of legit posts containing spoilers.

I have had it happen once or twice, mostly when I was queuing other abilities in rapid succession, or hitting KI twice in a row, effectively cancelling it with itself.

I attribute it to either some degree of client or server side lag, or user input error.

I think almost all bugs that people are seeing are results of memory leaks and lag; both of which are (hopefully) easily fixed.

Try reading earlier posts before you post. I put up a video.

Thanks.

Edited by Gliese

Has nothing to do with Cover (there is an issue with LoS problems healing in cover, but that is something else entirely).

Can't find any reason for it, but it's a frequent problem. Haven't tried clearing talents to see if one of them is causing it. It 'looks' like a lag problem, but it's not because other abilities still work. Have wiped or nearly wiped several times from this...the worst part is there's no error message or anything so sometimes by the time you realize, "oh ****, can't heal" it's already too late.

I don't know for a fact that it is latency related however it appears to be something of the sort, due to the fact that if I spam a button 3-4 times the abilities normally goes off the third or fourth time it is pressed. However if I press it one press at a time slowly the ability triggers and casts visually but it does not actually work. The only other thing I would think that it could be is the ability starting to cast and then for some reason between the start and end of the cast the ability stops registering to the server as "casting or finished casting". Hopefully Bioware will look into it. Edited by Gliese

My take on this, is that it isnt really a bug.

When Im duoing with my hubbie, Ive noticed on several occasions, when things get a little hectic, that he has been up in the air (he is a BH) doing his AE thing and my heal has failed.

We dont get any error message and the cast bar just behaves normally but the heal never goes off.

It seems alot to me as though the game interprets my tank as being OOR or out of LOS, eventhough he clearly isnt as the spells are still available and not grey'd out.

I think it is hands down an issue to do with how the ability responds to movement of the target along the Z axis and perhaps to some extent an error with how it reads OOR.

edit: The video suggests otherwise, but I have not had it fail when target was imobile and close to me. Only during movement on z axis or slightly close to the oor line.

Edited by Nilenya