Dear Mako,

chainsawsamurai

All of the gifts, the time we've spent together looking out for one another, that quiet moment we shared together in the cockpit...

All of it. Every. Last. Second. of it. It all goes right out the *********** window if just one more time.

ONE TIME

You tell me you've got something important to tell me and then give me the silent treatment the second we're back on the ship.

So help me god woman, no one will ever find your body.

I know I need to move the story forward, doesnt make it less irritating.

Funny thing is that Blizz does the same thing. He's at around 4k affection, I've completed everything but the final quest (worried about the bug and I've been busy with pvp), and that little jerk still "Pulls a Mako" on me.

I've only had one conversation with the little dude and he hasn't sent me anywhere.

I feel this way when she randomly decides not to heal me.

I thought it might be because i was out of range for heals and decided to auto shot the mob instead of moving 5m forward, but.. nope.. she does it randomly when am directly in front of her blocking blaster bolts from taking her head off..

STOP MAKING ME PAY ATTENTION TO MY HEALTH!

Dear Mako,

Thank you for finding a purple slicing 'one off' mission for me while you were running slicing missions for me yesterday - I appreciate it.

I don't know about you, but I was very much looking forward to running that mission once you'd skilled up the 30 odd points you needed to be able to run it.

So, 115 slicing rolled around and we gathered eagerly to see what the mission did. Oh, it's unlocked! And will take 24 minutes, blimey - it must be a good one, to take 4 times longer than everything else!

I was on the edge of my seat waiting for you to come back, Mako - and I was so happy as you proudly announced:

'I think you're gonna be pleased.'

Just as the failure notice popped up.

Goddamn you, Mako. Goddamn you.

Yours disappointedly,

Digusted of Tunbridge Wells.

This one has some spoilers. I tried not to, but it wrote better this way.

Dear Mako,

It has been a wonderful trip together. From our humble beginnings on Hutta to our Triumph at Corellia.

Oh how you played so hard to get at first. It seemed like we never talked, then we'd suddenly bag a big target and you'd talk my ear off in the cockpit. Whole wonderful conversations we shared.

Then silence. Nothing. You'd quip your quips out in the field, but nothing when we were alone between planets. I know you must have had quite a bit on your mind, we had talked about something disturbing from your past and I know it took a lot out of you, but seriously not a peep!

When we finally resolved this matter, you hit me again! Another hour of wonderful time with my beautiful Mako. It was then we decided to cement our relationship.

We kissed twice on the bridge and shared a quiet moment together. We talked in passing about marriage, and were clearly quite fond of each other.

Then you did it. You married us. I must have been out and about with Gault, but you send me a letter telling me you married us. Sliced into the Republic and Imperial databases and made it offical. I suppose this saves us the trouble of an actual ceremony, but I admit it took me a bit off guard. Then more letters poured in, they were very endearing talking about our future together and had thoughtful gifts enclosed. It reminded me of the Mako I loved, the Mako I had origionally discussed marriage with.

Then more silence! I know we were busy working for that nasty Darth and quite preoccupied with Correlia, I was hoping as soon as it died down we'd have some more time to catch up, maybe have another talk about this marriage thing. Set some ground rules, you've been really distant.

When Correlia was finally settled and my name cleared, I really hoped we could talk this out. Nothing. Not one peep. Sure you say you want to talk but we go to the Cantina or have a quiet moment onboard the Mantis and you just stare at me.

Mako, I love you and I want this to work, but I'm beginning to think we have a lot of issues to go through. We need marriage counseling. Perhaps you should see a psycologist too. The long periods of silence followed by bursts of emotion and chattiness could be a serious sign of Bi-Polar disorder!

I can't take this loveless, wordless marriage anymore sweetie. Please consider it.

Love,

Your faithful and confused husband.

Seriously though I was bothered by this. Mako was the best romance I've played in a Bioware game so far, but it's BURSTS of romance then nothing. Then at the end it just abruptly stops after it even started really. Very disappointing.

They need to gate that stuff better, space it out some more. Tie a conversation or two per planet or something. Great writing, lovable character, but damn if it didn't occur way too abruptly all around.

Dear Mako,

When we can go entire sessions of grinding or questing without you randomly getting a murder-***** and forgetting to heal me for entire packs of mobs at a time, I will consider us "Partners."

In the meantime, you are just the pretty side-kick. Buster.

Respectfully

Your Boss.

All of the gifts, the time we've spent together looking out for one another, that quiet moment we shared together in the cockpit...

All of it. Every. Last. Second. of it. It all goes right out the *********** window if just one more time.

ONE TIME

You tell me you've got something important to tell me and then give me the silent treatment the second we're back on the ship.

So help me god woman, no one will ever find your body.

Thanks for the spoiler... What a mong...

Thanks for the spoiler... What a mong...

uhh...

You can give your companions gifts. ZOMG SPOILER!

Mako has companion discussions with you in the cockpit of your ship. ZOMG SPOILER!

You are capable of adventuring with Mako as if she were, you know, some sort of companion. ZOMG SPOILER!

Companion dialogue notifications are currently bugged on the companion pane making you think they have something to tell you when in actuality they don't. ZOMG SPOILER!

Edited by chainsawsamurai

I wouldnt mind mako if we could change her body size.

I'm not a fan of pencil-bodies.

Yea but you are a minority my friend. Most ppl love those sticks or at least thin women. Notice not ONE female romance is body type 3 or 4....theyre mostly 2, a couple of 1s. Idk about everyone else, but id do an amazon woman or the curvy gal any day of the week.

Yea but you are a minority my friend. Most ppl love those sticks or at least thin women. Notice not ONE female romance is body type 3 or 4....theyre mostly 2, a couple of 1s. Idk about everyone else, but id do an amazon woman or the curvy gal any day of the week.

4 has some nice curves. 2 is still pretty damn skinny, but filled out a bit better. 3 is downright scary, no curves at all. 3's are beefy.

I'm ok with all of them, however I do have a particular soft-spot for skinny little Asian girls. They make me weak in the knees. I think Mako works fine as a 1.

Kaliyo is also a 1. That doesn't fly with me at all. That chick should be at least a 2. It is hard to take all her hard-assed comments seriously when she's that teeny.

1 works for Mako cause of her personality. She certainly wouldn't work as a 3, she's supposed to be feisty and unassuming. 1 or 4 would work best, but I like her as a 1.

I think the real problem here isn't whether Mako works as a 1 (I really do think it fits her personality, voice acting, and dialogue best), but that the BH only gets one romance option.

I want a type 4 saucy black chick like Ensign Temple next expansion Bioware. Make it happen!

Edited by chainsawsamurai

Chapter one spoilers ahead. True story.

Dear Mako,

I've destroyed the forces of mighty Hutts, claimed bounties on the Galaxies most high ranking and notorious villains, subdued planet-wide rebellions and defeated the entire crew of a Republic battleship to track down the killer of you closest friends, which brings us to this point.

I have Tarro Blood in my sights. Just 25 minutes ago we both agreed that the only suitable fate for such scum as Tarro Blood would be for me to step on his neck and empty my blaster into his face until I ran out of ammo. Now that glorious moment is finally upon us.

We have had our differences in the past, but now we put those behind us and Tarro Blood gets what he deserves in the name of the ones you have loved and lost by his hands.

I've done all of this for them, and for you.

*zap*

Mako -1

Edited by duelpad

Chapter one spoilers ahead.

Dear Mako,

I've destroyed the forces of mighty Huts, claimed bounties on the Galaxies most high ranking and notorious villains, subdued planet-wide rebellions and defeated the entire crew of a Republic battleship to track down the killer of you closest friends, which brings us to this point.

I have Tarro Blood in my sights. Just 25 minutes ago we both agreed that the only suitable fate for such scum as Tarro Blood would be for me to step on his neck and empty my blaster into his face until I ran out of ammo. Now that glorious moment is finally upon us.

We have had our differences in the past, but now we put those behind us and Tarro Blood gets what he deserves in the name of the ones you have loved and lost by his hands.

I've done all of this for them, and for you.

*zap*

Mako -1

wow I had no idea that happened. That's pretty hilarious actually.

I ran into another problem, I dont remember where or what, but I did bug report it.

I asked her what she wanted to do about a problem, she replied very specifically. I did it. I then recieved a -30something from her and her dialogue continued on very cheerily because I did the right thing.

Made my eye twitch.

I think it's because I took the dark side option of

letting him out of the cell but killing him before he could get his gear for a fair fight.

I didn't think Mako would re-act badly to any option to kill Tarro Blood no matter how bad it was considering she seemed well up for killing him throughout the entire BH storyline dialogue.

Oh well, I guess me and Mako just don't gel. Gaunt takes dark side options much better than Mako does anyway so he's my new space bro now. Sorry Mako. I tried but I just cannot please you.

I'll have the last laugh anyway. She'll spend the rest of her life carrying out petty tasks for me and being confined to the rust bucket that is my D5-Mantis.

Edited by duelpad

I think it's because I took the dark side option of

letting him out of the cell but killing him before he could get his gear for a fair fight.

I didn't think Mako would re-act badly to any option to kill Tarro Blood no matter how bad it was considering she seemed well up for killing him throughout the entire BH storyline dialogue.

Oh well, I guess me and Mako just don't gel. Gaunt takes dark side options much better than Mako does anyway so he's my new space bro now. Sorry Mako. I tried but I just cannot please you.

Thats interesting cause I took the light side option from the get-go.

You don't even give him the option of a fair fight. You have a chuckle at him in his cell and leave him in there to rot until the ship explodes a few minutes later.

It's pretty horrible if you think about it. Not even given a fighting chance. Just leaving him like you found him after a conversation where you tell him he's garbage and not worth the time. The last few miserable minutes of his life spent smashing his fists uselessly on that forcefield.

Light Side: +100

Mako: +40

GG

Heh, anybody remembers the mission on Alderaan, when you have to break into bug infested mine and free imperial officers and a daughter of some Thul officer. Well tough luck - the kid joins the happy bug family and wants to be left alone. You, also get two options- an evil one to take her away by threatening the rest of the bugs or to leave her to her happines(light side on)...

And it turns out she hates you for breaking the deal, if yu pick the light side( -1 Mako)... AND she hates you even more for going with the contract ( dark side points and a fat -30 Mako).

But wait! It's not all! If you pick the light side and report to the officer you get further -1 for picking light side and asking to let her go. AND you get another fat -30 Mako for picking dark side option and instigating the revenge.

---—---—

Oh and then there was a time when I thought she'd kill me for not taking her to the meeting with Mandalore and the rest of the champions(I've just started pumping up Gault's standing back than). So anyway, she rants about her ruined dream of meeting those guys, but in the end you get +15 standing with her..? Oooook...

Edited by DervimNorth