Who are those 13 juggs on leaderboard?

Nathan_Hanefort

I see those 13 juggs/guards in top 100 solo ranked. Are they all play skank tanks? Or its mixed with dps specs.

Just looking for theoretical possibility to climb with veng..But if all those are skanks, no reason to go full tryhard 🤣

You can climb with vengeance, but you will need to be careful about when you queue. If you queue into all dps games without any offguards on your team, you'll probably die quite fast unless you really know how to sit back and kite well, etc. But in heal games, tank games, and tank/heal games, dps juggs can actually be pretty good with grit teeth. It requires good positioning and always being mindful of getting another ED.

That being said, if you're a good tank, it's much easier to climb as a tank. Most of the juggs you see on the leaderboards are tanks, but keep in mind, the leaderboards haven't updated for about two weeks.

Thanks for the proper input :)

Problem is Im good with skank as I play this class for years, but it feels a bit boring. In regs there is no challenge and if i loose its because of a bad team. During daytime i get plenty of reg 4x4 and in dps match I feel that in actually controlling the match..So logically its a right call to start yolos with this spec, but veng is a lot more fun.......

Vengeance right now is more viable than ever since 5.0 :)

Tank on the other hand, suffers heavily from matchmaking

"More Viable" doesn't actually mean viable.

I felt like vengeance had a decent place in ranked 8v8 back in the day, (before the mobility wars, before the dark times) but classes and specs that can't save themselves are a hard sell. These days, a really good player with force bound can probably do okay, but would have been better off playing almost any other class. PT, while suffering the same problem, at least has a huge amount of upfront burst, so they can make a impact before they die.

Haven't jumped back in to ranked since returning, but skanking is certainly still the most fun in regs.

It's just a good way to play the class, and a fun class to play. I really DGAS what skanking haters think, we're ten years in to a game where skanking has always been the best way to play a Jugg. Get over it, it's here to stay.

You should listen to the top3 jugg for the past few seasons :D

Listen to what? No actual statement was made about vengeance juggs, (hence my statement of "more viable" doesn't mean viable) and no evidence was presented. Just the statement that tanks by definition are limited by the dps/heals they support had any meaning in his post.

If you, or anyone else, has evidence that contradicts the meta, by all means clip and post it. Get ten wins in solo ranked as vengeance in all dps rounds, within a single day, prime time. I'd love to see it and talk about it. Heck, with a "top 3 jugg for the past few seasons", you shouldn't even need grit teeth or force bound to pull that off. Because vengeance juggs are viable for solo ranked. Right?

Vengeance right now is more viable than ever since 5.0 :)

Tank on the other hand, suffers heavily from matchmaking

Only under certain circumstances. FB+GT is powerful in healer+tank matches and probably better compared to past seasons.

But they die faster than ever before in pure dps matches. GT is worthless against people that knows how to focus.

He litteraly wrote that the spec is better than ever.

No, he said it "was better than ever since 5.0".

5.0 was the lowest point for veng juggs in solo ranked, (this thread) or dueling. In other words, literally at any other point in the game veng juggs were better. It's a non-statement. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Non-statement

So you've got no information to share, and no videos to disprove the current meta. Thanks for your "input", but the rest of us are gonna hard pass as usual on it.

Only under certain circumstances. FB+GT is powerful in healer+tank matches and probably better compared to past seasons.

But they die faster than ever before in pure dps matches. GT is worthless against people that knows how to focus.

Pretty much this. The class is tons of fun in regs but you can forget about playing it in ranked. I think skank is boring af ( and broken ), but if you're going to play ranked its probably the best way to enjoy it and not be a liability to your team. If you want to play melee dps try PT or Fury Marauder with Defel spliced genes + force bound.

No, he said it "was better than ever since 5.0".

5.0 was the lowest point for veng juggs in solo ranked, (this thread) or dueling. In other words, literally at any other point in the game veng juggs were better. It's a non-statement. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Non-statement

So you've got no information to share, and no videos to disprove the current meta. Thanks for your "input", but the rest of us are gonna hard pass as usual on it.

^^ this

Yeah, I remember Veng being way, way more viable in 4.0 than 5.0. Of course skanking was better than Veng then too, and there was the typical skanking whining from purists back then too, but then again, no one cares what purists think anyway. What matters is what is good.

^^ this

Yeah, I remember Veng being way, way more viable in 4.0 than 5.0. Of course skanking was better than Veng then too, and there was the typical skanking whining from purists back then too, but then again, no one cares what purists think anyway. What matters is what is good.

Veng was good in 4.0, but since then, I prefer rage.

A couple of them were veng - i have two there myself. Unfortunately a handful of experienced jugg tanks are taking big advantage of the pop decliners or inexperienced and ungeared tanks to get their gold rating very easily and it sort of diminishes the value of a dps jugg gold which is something that's quite difficult to get in this meta unless you really selectively queue into healer games. Edited by Sharkii_boy