Rage spec is sick in PvP. It's more than viable.

Darth_Sookie

As a Scoundrel, I eat Juggs for lunch. Most of the time you cant even get out of stun before i am finishing you off.

Well duh! Scoundrels are broken. Had a scoundrel kill me before shoot first wore of when i was in tank stance with almost full epic pvp gear. Armor means nothing with fleshette round.

On the othe hand i can kill a scoundrel that are in the open about just as fast. If i catch one out of stealth he is dead 100% of the time. Nothing he can do to fight back.

However if i'm very fast on break free which heals me, then Rakatta epic heal stim i might actually put up a fight.

Anyway i mostly get hutball games in which i mostly ignore scoundrels since they don't really do anything useful there.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sookie this gives me hope. currently at lvl 47 i've tried vengeance spec and am now rage spec. although i do my share of damage, i still see myself getting frustrated after almost every warzone. ill try your spec once i hit 50.

just a question though, why didn't you pick up Ravager? isn't the reduced cool down on choke crucial to shockwave?

As a Scoundrel, I eat Juggs for lunch. Most of the time you cant even get out of stun before i am finishing you off.

Its funny how you think that is balanced, Scoundrel/Operative are so obviously broken at the moment and I can't wait for Scoundrel/Operative to get nerfed so I can read all the QQ.

Immortal spec with unstoppable from vengeance tree is the ultimate Hutt Ball machine imo.

Indeed, there's nothing more satisfying than seeing all the sorcs get confused when their knockback doesn't work when you land :p Can't say i miss crushing blow either as it was only critting for 2.5k ish, if i want big hits i'd just go back to Rage and hit a lot harder.

Hopefully they do give us dual specs at some point.

Edited by Kabaal

Rage is indeed fun but i went back to Immortal, we have enough DPS in every single match anyway and very little proper tanks.

Stick with rage but wear tank gear, you can still guard, taunt and do massive damage in that spec in Soresu form.

I've been running this spec for about a week.

It does do a lot of burst with smash and force crush going off at the same time which is basically repeatable every 20 seconds. It does have some major weaknesses not having unstoppable though.

Without unstoppable you are going to get controlled easily. You will barely touch a decent sage/inq.

I've been running this spec for about a week.

It does do a lot of burst with smash and force crush going off at the same time which is basically repeatable every 20 seconds. It does have some major weaknesses not having unstoppable though.

Without unstoppable you are going to get controlled easily. You will barely touch a decent sage/inq.

We have the best snare in the game. Force Crush and one short range jump and one long range. Sages aint' going nowhere.

We have the best snare in the game. Force Crush and one short range jump and one long range. Sages aint' going nowhere.

Yeah they are, they have instant cast knockback, snares, roots, purge, and speed. You will only touch a good one when you hit them with charge.

Most will just stand there and cast lightning, but they have all the tools to kill us with ease.

Funny story that you lost every match, regardless of your first place... :rolleyes:

That was not the point, i was just showing that rage can put out great damage and is more than viable.

Only class that i have a hard time killing is a good madness sorcerer and its sage counterpart, that damage and utility they have is nuts. Good that most of them are bad at it tho :D

I only have champion gloves and earpiece with centurian implants and i cant wait what sort of damage i can put out after a full set (wtb a not rng based pvp gear system, 40+ bags and counting)

I thought about rage but I see that it is quickly becoming a gimmick build. Basically you're just meh until Force Crush/Slam Crit combo is ready to go, blow your load and back to meh for a bit.

I play Vengeance and while Unstoppable is indeed ****, it doens't mean we're better at sticking on ranged. Smart players will simply wait out the 4 second buff and then knockback. Then we're stuck waiting for the 9-10 seconds left on Charge CD while we flail around helplessly. At least Rage has 2 charges to use and both can get free spam snare so really I think it's a wash.

The only thing Unstoppable is REALLY great for is Huttball and Charging into the endzone and walking in like a pimp as CC bounces harmlessly off you.

People seem to be forgetting that Shockwave (the smash bonus) ticks off of Force Choke too, so theoretically there is no showstopping dependency on Force Crush. Although this is purely theory craft, you could pick up Unstoppable with a 0/13/28 build and still do great.

Yeah I know that it ticks with Choke as well, but since it's a channel I don't count on it to go off for a full duration that often in a warzone group fight. Force Crush is you're realiable and non 50 sec cd go to ability to get the combo going heh.

Edit: I also should say I come from a mindset of:

1. Not needing choke to trigger real damage

2. I play huttball 90% of the time and as such, I reserve my choke and push for ball carriers, especially choke for flame jets. I'd prefer not to go around spamming it just so I can get a damage bonus

Not hatin on Rage, just saying different playstyle.

Edited by Dreadspectre

I thought about rage but I see that it is quickly becoming a gimmick build. Basically you're just meh until Force Crush/Slam Crit combo is ready to go, blow your load and back to meh for a bit.

I play Vengeance and while Unstoppable is indeed ****, it doens't mean we're better at sticking on ranged. Smart players will simply wait out the 4 second buff and then knockback. Then we're stuck waiting for the 9-10 seconds left on Charge CD while we flail around helplessly. At least Rage has 2 charges to use and both can get free spam snare so really I think it's a wash.

The only thing Unstoppable is REALLY great for is Huttball and Charging into the endzone and walking in like a pimp as CC bounces harmlessly off you.

Force Crush and Force Choke. You can keep the "gimmick" going pretty constant. With the big bonus to crit damage, my screams, oblits, ravages, etc all hit hard when I crit and I have over 30% usually with buffs so it happens alot.

I've never hit 300k damage. Maybe I am just bad...but I don't spend a lot of time trying to get off smashes in big groups. A lot of my fighting around 1 person as I try to hunt the so called "soft" targets.

Edited by VandredTOR

Is rage capable of hitting the 2.5k damage in one hit medal? I can't for the life of me hit that hard with Vengeance. My force scream crits for 2k max and Impale is about the same.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, then in that case, any tips is appreciated. :o

Rage can apparently get up to 6k Smashes when stars align and super gear/red buff. Highest hit I've done with Vengeance spec is a 2900 Impale crit so yes it's possible. I imagine once I get to 50 and put on mah good gearz it'll happen more often and maybe finally break the 3k barrier.

Is rage capable of hitting the 2.5k damage in one hit medal? I can't for the life of me hit that hard with Vengeance. My force scream crits for 2k max and Impale is about the same.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, then in that case, any tips is appreciated. :o

Vicious throw will bust 2.5k. I think my largest with it in vengeance was 3.8k.

Saber throw = 2 stack armor break + 3 rage

Force crush = 4 stack of shockwave, making smash do 100% extra damage

Force charge into a group = next smash will automaticaly be a crit + 3 rage

FORCE SMASH!

Well over 2.5k damage made.

My highest hit so far has been 5.7k with pvp consumable and relic, cant wait how high i can get it with gear and andrenals :D

I hit for over 2.5k with rage spec in full tank gear, it is nice to be able to tank in Soresu form and still do big damage.