What's the thinking behind allowing all Levels in PVP?

Evenglare

So... I tried PVP and it's simply not fun. Getting ganked by level 50's or high 40's when I'm 15 is -NOT- at all fun. What's the point of this? What were they trying to achieve? Why not just open pvp up from 40/45 to 50. And huttball? I like the idea, but it's execution is terrible.

To make the instances faster. However, this really makes me not want to pvp so much, making the instance draw slower? I'm irritated that what was fun last week when everyone was around level 20-30 tops is now a snooze fest because level 50s are all over the place and I really have no way of countering them even with increased stats.

Then nobody would play premades. :p

No, they'd play against other premades if that's how they choose to play. In any case, playing with a random pug against premades, especially 50 premades, isn't worth the time wasted.

I don't mind random 50s so much in a match, it's when there are 4+ on one team against 30 to teens.

I guess they probably will never give premades their own bracket, so all that's left is 50s in their own bracket. A 40-50 bracket would be okay too.

Please for the love of god gives us some brackets or something. PvPing now against high levels against all their abilities and armor is a nightmare. Let us PvP against people at least CLOSE to our level. Brackets arnt a new thing, and should be incorporated.

You have to think of the population. The game officially launched a week ago. It doesn't have close to as many subscribers as WoW. Right now it HAS to be open to all levels. Seriously who is going to play a game where you can't pvp at all until level 40? That means you have to go about roughly 1-2 weeks into the game and not see a single republic or sith player.

If they DO bracket the game you have to again think of the population. How many level 40's are there on your server? Probably not a whole lot. How many 50's? Probably less. That would mean ppl who level faster get less and less access to pvp. They would have to wait in LONG queues to play. That system would actually discourage ppl from leveling faster.

I PvP level a sniper from 10 straight into Warzone, consistently up the top in kills/damage, I have no issues with the way the system works, yes 50's can be hard but I can still competently kill them.

IMHO, L2P you have a chance, if you could use your class well you can overcome.

No, they'd play against other premades if that's how they choose to play. In any case, playing with a random pug against premades, especially 50 premades, isn't worth the time wasted.

I don't mind random 50s so much in a match, it's when there are 4+ on one team against 30 to teens.

I guess they probably will never give premades their own bracket, so all that's left is 50s in their own bracket. A 40-50 bracket would be okay too.

There was a joke in there. The premades exist only to pubstomp.

I'm not saying this is an l2p issue, but it probably is. The bolstering system is not flawless but it works well enough that you should be viable in pvp at low level provided you know how to play your class. I rolled many a 40-50 when i was a lowbie in warzones. And also stop going into a warzone with that mentality, you have already defeated yourself before you've even started fighting with an attitude like that. Any good player will tell you that when the grease hits the fan it's never say die.

I PvP level a sniper from 10 straight into Warzone, consistently up the top in kills/damage, I have no issues with the way the system works, yes 50's can be hard but I can still competently kill them.

IMHO, L2P you have a chance, if you could use your class well you can overcome.

it's easy to sit and do damage, but not one warzone is won by damage.

Damage doesn't stop the BH from jet pack leaping his way to the line(high level ability) in huttball.

or a group of 4 50s in pvp gear just destroying stuff.

I don't even want to hear you say L2P again, I bet you hid behind that little blue wall the whole time and just racked up 'damage'

Edited by Liberate

I'm not saying this is an l2p issue, but it probably is. The bolstering system is not flawless but it works well enough that you should be viable in pvp at low level provided you know how to play your class. I rolled many a 40-50 when i was a lowbie in warzones. And also stop going into a warzone with that mentality, you have already defeated yourself before you've even started fighting with an attitude like that. Any good player will tell you that when the grease hits the fan it's never say die.

They must suck.

I guarantee you, if I gave you a level 11 and put you against a level 50 powertech in pvp gear, you would not 'roll' him.

Your wins were against horrible 50s, you wouldn't go out and beat up children, then call yourself an mma fighter.

Edited by Liberate

50 lvl will never attack enemy of the same level, because it is too dangerous. Full PVP Geared 50 lvl is always attack 10 lvl without good equipment. More kills = more medals.

Full pvp 50 lvl premde VERSUS 10 lvl green pug = NEW BIOWARE WORD IN PVP BALANCE!

WARZONES ARE FINE!

Edited by Greensiberia

They must suck.

I guarantee you, if I gave you a level 11 and put you against a level 50 powertech in pvp gear, you would not 'roll' him.

Your wins were against horrible 50s, you wouldn't go out and beat up children, then call yourself an mma fighter.

I was simply trying to give my perspective, from my experience. Sorry if it angers you to hear that some people did not have this issues, but i can assure you i simply did not. Sure i had run into the occasional 4 man lvl 50 steamroller team, but who cares. Chances are they are a premade 4some that would roll you regardless of your lvl anyways.

PVP is a lot more than just your hp and your abilities. Positioning, strategy, movement and teamwork all play a vital role in succesful PVP. Again, i appologize that your low level PVP experience was filled with deaths, grief and just gnereally losing really badly, mine however was filled with mostly the opposite :o.