Healer Advice Needed

Buellzebubba

I've been playing DPS since KOTOR, and in the last couple years started playing some tank roles. Now at long last I'm ready to try a healer. What is a good class that isn't too squishy and can deal out some effective heals in group play? I'm looking to play one imperial and 1 republic healer

What is a good class that isn't too squishy and can deal out some effective heals in group play?

That could be merc or sorc healer. Both have good defs, burst healing and utilities that are useful for group play.

And they are easier to master (imo) than operative.

But ultimately I´d advise you play all 3 classes because each playstyle is different.

Some people love operative because of the stealth and non existant energy management.

Others love sorc because force barrier and the mobility.

And some love merc because the burst and reflect.

Some classes are better for specific content than others. But all classes are viable and a good & experienced healer will outheal a bad one no matter the content.

Edited by Ahwassa

• 3 weeks later...

The old guides are mostly good. 75 didn't change the core abilities much.

But all heal specs have up to date guides. Here is also a generic one that is class-independent:

https://mmobits.com/2019/02/13/pve-healing-101-guide-by-lorhin/

Do note that heals are the exact opposite of tanks.

Heals are never in control, always reacting - whether healing, cleansing, chasing the dps (to heal/pre-heal), or running away from adds.

You'll be.. "questioned" a lot. But I guess you know that. Still very satisfying if it's your cup of tea.

Green numbers flying everywhere, keeping everyone healthy and clean, died healing someone through the burn phase etc.

I recommend Mando/Merc. Great burst, good AoE, easy off-dps. Simple to play, excellent result.

Smug/Oper depends on HoT, the busiest spec of the busiest role. But stealth have their hero moments.

Most healers either love it or hate it, so it's best to decide yourself.

Sage/Sorc is around the middle, very high mobility. Ok-ish for a new heal.

Bubble is strong, wandering mend is smart, storm/quake is cool, with an ultimate panic button.

The world need nannies. Lightsaber-wielding nannies who don't mind a 9 years old healing interface.