The Return of Darth Jadus

Ylliarus

A Sith Civil War could work in terms of the lore of the setting and universe. The Sith Empire will eventually fragment and wage war against one another for many hundreds if not thousands of years while the Republic descends into a Dark Age. I definitely could see Darth Jadus being the architect of something like that :)

This actually isn't correct. I was checking wookieepedia on another thing and realized that my thinking was off - the Republic Dark Age doesn't happen until 2000 BBY. The game is currently about 3620 BBY. So it's about 1600 years away.

Of course, BW doesn't have to follow this, none of it is canon anymore, so Legends can do whatever. And there is reason to think BW is headed into Dark Age territory: the galactic resource crises and the lack of any unifying reason for the Empire to exist. [the Republic has no strong leaders either] In this context, Jadus coming in to burn the Empire down and start fresh would probably kill it off completely., starting a Sith civil war that engulfs the Republic and never ends.

Even the saboteurs could play a role: what would it do for Republic morale to find out that say, The Hero of Tython was an imperial saboteur? What would it do for the Empire to discover that a Dark Council member was a Republic Saboteur? Maybe the reason we don't have a clear idea of how our chars fully defect to their chosen faction is because that won't happen, because sabotage is going to backfire and screw up both factions.

Personally, I like Jadus. When I first started playing this game I was fresh from Scorchy's KOTOR2 LP and thinking about Kreia's True Sith as the ultimate dark side threat. Jadus made a lot of sense in that vein, and I thought all the NPC sith would be like that. Yeah, that was a bitter disappointment.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This actually isn't correct. I was checking wookieepedia on another thing and realized that my thinking was off - the Republic Dark Age doesn't happen until 2000 BBY. The game is currently about 3620 BBY. So it's about 1600 years away.

Of course, BW doesn't have to follow this, none of it is canon anymore, so Legends can do whatever. And there is reason to think BW is headed into Dark Age territory: the galactic resource crises and the lack of any unifying reason for the Empire to exist. [the Republic has no strong leaders either] In this context, Jadus coming in to burn the Empire down and start fresh would probably kill it off completely., starting a Sith civil war that engulfs the Republic and never ends.

Even the saboteurs could play a role: what would it do for Republic morale to find out that say, The Hero of Tython was an imperial saboteur? What would it do for the Empire to discover that a Dark Council member was a Republic Saboteur? Maybe the reason we don't have a clear idea of how our chars fully defect to their chosen faction is because that won't happen, because sabotage is going to backfire and screw up both factions.

Hmm, you seem to be correct. In my head the Republic Dark Age seemed much closer, but it is indeed more than a millennium away. Still, I do think there is room for the Empire to fragment, as you elaborate on yourself in your post. There is also the comment made by Darth Malgus about the timber of the Empire being low and the fires of the Dark Side running out of fuel. It seemed to me as if he was anticipating the fragmentation of the unity in the Empire and that soon, we'd have dozens if not hundreds of Dark Lords competing for power.

I believe Jadus could indeed be the catalyst for such a fragmentation, by either instigating it or by seizing power, becoming an unrivaled power within the Empire and eventually dying, as such leaving a power vacuum. Personally, I'd prefer the second option as that would rhyme with what happened with Marka Ragnos. His reign was the golden age of the Sith, but after his death a power vacuum was left behind that eventually led to the conflict between Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh, which was what began the fragmentation of the old Sith Empire.

Jadus could seize power within the Empire, become the new Sith Emperor and rule for a while, leading the Empire into a glorious age. Perhaps he could even lead the Empire to conquer Coruscant, as both Legends and Disney Canon lore state that the Sith once ruled Coruscant. The Republic capital could be temporarily be relocated to Empress Teta, Corellia or perhaps even Alsakan (which after Jadus' death might spark another Alsakan War, once Coruscant liberates itself from under Sith rule).

Either way, I sincerely believe that Jadus' return would create a very interesting setting for SWTOR to experiment with :)

• 1 month later...

I really hope they won't make Jadus next Revan.

I mean not a enemy that both facitions have to battlr, because it'll tbh be similiar to even Kotfet.

I'd love and prefer Jadus to be an ally for Imperial characters, but if story to fight him would be really epic then, well okay.

Just give me later option to spare him and invite to Alliance ^^

So in short, I'm still waiting for Jadus return and he was even on Onslaught mentioned again and id I'd see Malgus and Jadus alliance I'd be lovely excited.

The idea that jadus is coming back exists solely on the forum. There is no basis for this in-game. The reference to Jadus was on Onderon and literally "this dude's brother was trained by Jadus, blackmail him for DS pts".

You would think if Jadus was coming back there would be any kind of buildup at all for him, and that rather than resurrect Malgus which made no sense anyway, they would simply have put Jadus in Malgus' position.

If BioWare ever decided to add more class story content I would absolutely support this. But in terms of a general expansion story for all classes I'm not so sure. I really like that the story has gone back to being mostly about the Republic vs Empire. We've already had a main villain that both factions are against before with Tenebrae and Revan.

I like Jadus, but dislike the idea of both Republic and Empire fighting against him. That's just a rehash of like 3 other expansions.

I don't like the storytelling on Onslaught, but at least it's Empire vs Pubs again. SWTOR should be "iconic" in that manner.

Okay, where it leaves off is with Satele and a few others in a sort of Force Coma after saving Skurge and Kira from a similar fate.

Darth Jadus could either be one of the few others in said coma after finding the plagueship or be the one who finds the ship that Satele is housed in after teaming up with fellow outcast Malgus and tries to absorb the power of said plague, becoming a terror that even eclipses that of Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion which would cause the leaders of the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic to call a temporary truce in order to put an end to Jadus and Malgus once and for all.

Firstly I'd love to see truce and alliance between Malgus, Jadus and us, and Acina but I think there will be choice maybe even "forced" to kill/dethrone Acina nevertheless.

But, I really hope there won't be another super villain anytime soon and FOR SURE not Jadus. I mean I want Jadus to be an ally for Imperials.

If Jadus would end up being another Revan or Valkorion it'd be VERY meh and old stuff and story, repeatable.

I'd like to work and not being forced to fight and kill either Malgus nor Jadus (and Acina) but to make a powerful alliance to fight Republic. For me ti'd be very cool, shame only Marr is out because for me Mar=Jadus=Malgus and these three would led Empire to Etherenal victory with our help ofc.

I don't think Jadus will appear in 6.2, maybe some hints but I think 6.0 or rather JUS started a story with Empire vs Republic + Malgus so I think it will focus on these stories and any additional in the meantime like Satele or Mandalorian FP. Well 7.0 would be "ideal" and logical to make Jadus return, but I'd prefer earlier, because I it's not sure if game will last to 7.0 lol

if he comes back it should be to die at the hands of my Agent whom he betrayed by running away and leaving her to die when the Empire destroys the galaxy. And don't give me any nonense about him being too poweful. We defeated the Emperor we can defeat an ordinary sith which is all Jadus is.

if he comes back it should be to die at the hands of my Agent whom he betrayed by running away and leaving her to die when the Empire destroys the galaxy. And don't give me any nonense about him being too poweful. We defeated the Emperor we can defeat an ordinary sith which is all Jadus is.

What if 'Jadus' was the Emporer in disguise!?

Not me. I want dead people to stay dead. Constantly resurrecting old antagonists and protagonists, rather than developing a character arc and back story for new characters, smacks of lazy writing. If you're going to dig up corpses to haul around for new story content, might as well dust off Tulak Hord and have him run around as well. Character arcs come to an end, and these need to, as well, so we have room for fresh, new, powerful, fully-developed characters whose character arcs can drive their own unique plotlines.

Well he isn't dead but I agree. Don't bring him back I mean it would make no sense if your playing as a LS Imperial agent and jadus is all like " What up homie, remember the time you ruined my plans, ya we cool dawg."

• 2 months later...
Even if this got WAY off topic of Darth Jadus, I want him to return. I want him to acknowledge what the IA has built and the IA can either give their allegiance, once again to Darth Jadus or turn him away. I mean I love Darth Malgus, he is awesome but Darth Jadus is on a whole other level. Remember he told the IA that he would return and that we should represent him while he is gone. I want Darth Jadus to be so clever that he even sees through the former emperor Valkorion and somehow he knew how to overthrow him. Darth Jadus should be the Emperor that Valkorion could never be! He is wise, he is patient, he doesn't act unless he needs to. He has so much power and even if you capture him in the IA storyline, he escapes. He should have a grand welcoming back into the story. He is my favorite Sith Lord of the game, not of lore but in game. He should be the one who is the puppet master of Acina, Malgus and all of the Empire.

Well he isn't dead but I agree. Don't bring him back I mean it would make no sense if your playing as a LS Imperial agent and jadus is all like " What up homie, remember the time you ruined my plans, ya we cool dawg."

It actually makes complete sense, swtor storywise to bring him back, he should never want revenge on anyone because he doesn't care at al but he also acknowledges his agent that went LS and how they might pay someday for defying him. I hope for these past 10+ years since the last time he talked to the IA, he has been watching from the background and planning. Having Darth Jadus return is the most logical next step in the story. Someone has to be controlling EVERYTHING! Acina is a puppet of the TRUE power Darth Jadus. It makes sense and if you would not be close minded. it also makes for a great story, as well.

Darth Jadus should be the puppet master behind Acina and what Darth Malgus mentioned, about hoping to not be controlled. What if it was Darth Jadus that implanted Darth Malgus, now he is being controlled by him. Meanwhile, Acina is trying to dominate the Empire and exert her control, while still trying to defeat the pubes. But both of them and no Imp, in general, knows they are being manipulated by Darth Jadus. He allows Acina to become Empress of the Sith. He allows Malgus to be an enforcer of Acina. Darth Jadus should come back soon. PLEASE!!!!!!! He is the puppet master, There are so many loyal Darth Jadus lackeys, that will worship him in game.

It actually makes complete sense, swtor storywise to bring him back, he should never want revenge on anyone because he doesn't care at al but he also acknowledges his agent that went LS and how they might pay someday for defying him. I hope for these past 10+ years since the last time he talked to the IA, he has been watching from the background and planning. Having Darth Jadus return is the most logical next step in the story. Someone has to be controlling EVERYTHING! Acina is a puppet of the TRUE power Darth Jadus. It makes sense and if you would not be close minded. it also makes for a great story, as well.

Personally and this is just my opinion, same as your post is yours. I don't think he's worth coming back, he was the big bad for the IA, but even then he was just Meh. We've already had enough of the dead sith lords, etc coming back. I'm hoping for something new. Let the dead stay dead, and bring us new goodies/baddies.

I'm one of those who still waits for Darth Jadus return and don't agree with previous two comments. He is among most intersting and well written characters and especially Sith, but just my opinion. This is cool that on Iokath and on Onderon we got two mentions about Jadus so BW for sure didn't forgot about him. Onderon is just that there was a guy that sserved Darth Jadus, but on Iokath it was acknowledged that Jadus is alive and was suspected that he could lead a Empire, Republic and Alliance into Iokath war. So he is still out there.

As for puppets, I'd say Darth Xarion is more possibly to be puppet of Darth Jadus rather than Acina. I'd say also that Jadus can be interested in Malgus somehow (Just a theory) and with us. Rest are too weak and unimportant I think.

And that'd be great if Xarion indeed would be Jadus servant and when he would return we'd have a choice to ally with him or not especially Agents. Nevertheless anyway form of return I hope Jadus will be ally for Imperials arather than next big bad Sith villain lul.

I'd say also that Jadus can be interested in Malgus somehow (Just a theory) and with us.

I can't imagine they would be, malgus wants power, wants to be emperor

He's already tried to set up his own, and was under the control of acina, so I can't imagine him being a tool, of jadus or even listening to jadus.

But anything is possible.

I didn't find Jadus especially interesting Tbh. I don't care, if he comes back or not. He seems to have a lot of fans though, so I don't think, it is out of the question, that he comes back.

I agree. Jadus is a caricature of a Bond villain. Uninteresting, unoriginal, irrelevant to everyone other than Agents, and not worthy of being put center stage.

When did they mention Jadus on Iokath? I don’t remember hearing him put up as a possible cause of everyone being there at the same time. Is he only mentioned if you are on an Agent? I haven’t done Iokath with mine yet.

It is just a brief mention.

Lana name drops Jadus as a potential suspect.

Edited by ceryxp

I really don’t remember his name being dropped. Ha. Guess that shows how good my memory is.

it's only the once, and more like an after thought, unless you were looking out for it, or a fan of jadus, it's not surprised you missed it. I only noticed it after it was mentioned too...lol