The Legacy System and Trash Characters

Jydradi

Ok, I know you aren't going to give any details about the Legacy System before you're ready, and that's a good thing. BUT there are some burning questions surrounding the Legacy System that I'm hoping you'll be able to answer for me.

In the 'k' menu, under Legacy menu, if you mouseover the question mark, it states Coming Soon, blah blah, Character Creation Options blah blah. The concern this raises is that I'll have to delete and re-make my characters in order to take advantage of these delicious new options (when they are released), essentially making the characters we're playing now trash characters.

This is bad imho. Point of fact this is currently keeping me from playing my other characters even though I am rather desperately wanting to see the other storylines.

My question is this: Will there be some kind of system for existing characters to make use of unlocked options?

For that matter is there any plans to include a hair salon,face merchant type system so we can change our appearances in game at all?

I miss my entertainer and my ID sessions I could perform =(

Side note, yup all I'm leveling are trash alt characters. Experiencing the story of the other faction on a random server and making choices I don't really care about and grouping with people I have no desire to ever interact with again hoping the legacy system will provide me with something meaningful for my main.

Not revealing the legacy system is actually a deterrent to a meaningful community building. Good thing I've known my guild for years and they know why I'm off on a random server.

In fact, I'd rather that Legacy tab and exp bar never existed and they never told us about this until they actually implemented it.

Meanwhile halfway through Legacy level 10! Yay?

Edited by Sardoni

I have similar concerns.

Ultimately I'd like to have a character of every AC. I'd like them all to be on the same server, but since there's a cap of 8 I've settled on having an all Imperial server and an all Republic server (Note to Bioware: Character caps on servers are so 2004).

However, I'm afraid there'll be incentives for having both factions on the same server which will completely ruin my plan. I've been avoiding creating more than 2 alts for fear this will be the case and I'll have to go back and delete characters.

I think there are a lot of potential pitfalls with the Legacy system and it'd be nice to have more information so we could plan around them.

Side note, yup all I'm leveling are trash alt characters. Experiencing the story of the other faction on a random server and making choices I don't really care about and grouping with people I have no desire to ever interact with again hoping the legacy system will provide me with something meaningful for my main.

Not revealing the legacy system is actually a deterrent to a meaningful community building. Good thing I've known my guild for years and they know why I'm off on a random server.

In fact, I'd rather that Legacy tab and exp bar never existed and they never told us about this until they actually implemented it.

I miss the old ID system too =(

Ok, I know you aren't going to give any details about the Legacy System before you're ready, and that's a good thing. BUT there are some burning questions surrounding the Legacy System that I'm hoping you'll be able to answer for me.

In the 'k' menu, under Legacy menu, if you mouseover the question mark, it states Coming Soon, blah blah, Character Creation Options blah blah. The concern this raises is that I'll have to delete and re-make my characters in order to take advantage of these delicious new options (when they are released), essentially making the characters we're playing now trash characters.

This is bad imho. Point of fact this is currently keeping me from playing my other characters even though I am rather desperately wanting to see the other storylines.

My question is this: Will there be some kind of system for existing characters to make use of unlocked options?

For that matter is there any plans to include a hair salon,face merchant type system so we can change our appearances in game at all?

No you will have access to all of them when they come out. Doesn't it even say that on the tooltip or the ? if you hit it

you have got to be kidding me :eek:

I have similar concerns.

Ultimately I'd like to have a character of every AC. I'd like them all to be on the same server, but since there's a cap of 8 I've settled on having an all Imperial server and an all Republic server (Note to Bioware: Character caps on servers are so 2004).

However, I'm afraid there'll be incentives for having both factions on the same server which will completely ruin my plan.

I swear, it's like you're reading my mind.

I've been avoiding creating more than 2 alts for fear this will be the case and I'll have to go back and delete characters.

Crazy that for a system stated to have the purpose of encouraging alts, it has the opposite effect.

Shockingly, aesthetics matter to some people. Who knew?! :D

Right, so what did you do in any other MMO when they released new races but not new classes? You either rerolled your main because you care about aesthetics and prefer the "new" race, you made a new character with that race because you liked the aesthetics but didn't want to delete the work you put into your main, or you didn't bother with the new race.

It will be no different here EXCEPT, the new race will have no mechanical advantages over any other race.

Even though I really want to experience all the class stories I know I wont be rolling any new characters until the legacy system is fully implemented. I don't want to make a character and then later find out I missed out on having some cool new customisation options and possible new species/class combinations. It's because of that reason that I already feel sort of bad about playing the character I'm playing now. I mean I'm having fun but I'm going to be ticked off if it turns out that Twi'lek sith warriors will be unlockable with the legacy system.

I hate how BioWare is being all secretive about it. They should just come out and tell us what they intend to do with the system so people can at least start making plans in regards to what characters they're playing.

Right, so what did you do in any other MMO when they released new races but not new classes? You either rerolled your main because you care about aesthetics and prefer the "new" race, you made a new character with that race because you liked the aesthetics but didn't want to delete the work you put into your main, or you didn't bother with the new race.

It will be no different here EXCEPT, the new race will have no mechanical advantages over any other race.

Has it ever occured to you that not everyone plays the game in the say manner that you do? That all the people on earth do not have the same values as you, nor appreciate the same things?

Some people do not play this game to PvP or to kill operation bosses. Some are roleplayers, some are questers and personally - with how much time and dedication is spent onto making our characters personal, fully voice acted, and have personality - I find the visual appearance of my characters to be important.

Please take your ignorance elsewhere. You are not contributing at all.

No you will have access to all of them when they come out. Doesn't it even say that on the tooltip or the ? if you hit it

That's not in question.

The question is weather or not we will have to roll new character to be able to use the new options. I read the "?" very carefully and it doesn't say one way or another.

Let's think this through......the other option is to never add races so the OP doesn't later see something he wants more than he currently has.

Really? This is a valid point?

No, it's not a valid point.

Yes, it is a valid question.

The legacy system isn't an expansion that's coming out 2 years after the fact, or a patch that's going in after everyone is already at the endgame.

In those cases we all know the score. of course we have to make new characters to make new races, that's the nature of expansions etc.

The Legacy system is a new system with unknown factors. All I'm asking for is to know the rules.

If we have to make new characters to take advantage of the new options, that's fine. All I'm asking is weather or not that is, in fact, the case.

On a side note, all you guys that read a question and assuming it's a whine/complaint? You guys need to unplug and get better acquainted with humanity and social dynamics.

Yeah we need a little more info on this very very soon. The legacy system not being implemented is preventing me from starting anymore alts because I don't know what may be added later to character customization. Not starting the alts I want is making me play less and less. Playing less and less . . . well you get the picture.

We need more info on this soon.