Update on Upcoming Releases

CharlesBoyd

Good lookin out Charles. Y'all stay safe and healthy. I can't wait to find out what happens next with Kira and Scourge, but right now staying healthy is top priority.

By the way..... I've got a recording studio if you want me to record some lines. ;) Got any male characters with a southern accent? :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what is for sure, we need something desperately. The last 4 days have gone as such:

Me and friend game the queue and do tc go.

Me and same friend do hm ev

Me and same friend do rounding up raklings

Me and same friend queue random vet fp until toons cap.

We also did every big one off except catalyst.

At the end we were like... now what?

We could swap to another toon and do more random vet fp, but it takes too long to cap spamming fp. The fact that the most fun I've had in this game since 6.0 launched was KP farming is sorta depressing.

Well what is for sure, we need something desperately.

What we desperately need is for people to stay reasonable and safe and hope that a working vaccine can be found soon. Soon in medical terms meaning up to 2 years before a widespread immunization can be achieved.

The rest is rather secondary.

What we desperately need is for people to stay reasonable and safe and hope that a working vaccine can be found soon. Soon in medical terms meaning up to 2 years before a widespread immunization can be achieved.

The rest is rather secondary.

I agree entirely.

There's still far, far too many people - including people in positions of power like national leaders - who think that in a few months time everything will go back to normal.

I am 100% certain that the old "normal" is a place we will never return to.

We need a working vaccine, and routine mass testing just to be ready to think about what the "new normal" might be.

But with numerous reports that having had the virus does not confer any significant degree of protection from reinfection - most likely because the virus is changing too fast - my honest feeling is that we are likely to find we are in the beginning of a complete societal and economic paradigm shift.

After this there will be no normal.

All The Best

That is correct! The Double XP will go into effect when Game Update 6.1.1 goes live.

Wow, what a load of crap. Can't even implement xp without a patch, and no balls (or competency) to even make a small patch for xp, even to keep their word.

I'm SHOCKED that this game is in maintenance mode /s

and what about the virus keeps them from communicating with us? This from Mr Boyd is the only thing they've done, what since the virus mess exploded thats not just "oh hi, that issue is a bug, we'll fix it sometime maybe".

I have a lot riding on their cq changes. Because there is literally nothing else in game for me to do.

Wow, what a load of crap. Can't even implement xp without a patch, and no balls (or competency) to even make a small patch for xp, even to keep their word.

I'm SHOCKED at your lack of empathy and understanding /s

The game is not in maintenance mode. There is a pandemic going on that has paralyzed the entire world. Maybe you are sitting comfortably on your privileged behind safely at home, but others have to literally turn their world upside down in order to keep privileged behinds like yours entertained. If you were a decent human being, you'd show some consideration for this and instead thank the devs they're putting this much effort into keeping your privileged behind serviced.

So again, no, the game is not in maintenance mode, please use your common sense instead of whining senselessly.

Edited by Ylliarus

Maybe before you start jumping down people's throats you do a little investigation on the subject:

The post from 3/24/2020 from Keith explained it could change, nowhere in that post was it promised so they have not broken their word. All it takes is a few seconds to do a search in the dev's forums to find the post but then again that means you would have to do a little work but I guess it is easier to act like a jerk.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=977327&page=4

Wow … I'm totally impressed.

Few people ever display such a total lack of character … And even fewer still display openly just how really low they will stoop in order to do what ???

Seriously … what does someone really believe that they are going to accomplish?

This sort of statement is such an utter resounding demonstration of thoughtless, imprudent rhetoric with zero facts to back it up.

Yes … I am really holding back exactly what I'd like to say !!

(What a complete idiotic …..)

By the way..... I've got a recording studio if you want me to record some lines. ;) Got any male characters with a southern accent? :D

Be careful with your offer! My nephew is an audio engineer. He was doing the sound for a horror short and decided it would be easier to do the voice work himself. He didn't think anyone would actually play the game. Markiplier ended up doing a playthrough while imitating his voice for his Scary Games series. Now a couple of million people have listened to his amateur voice work :p

Thanks for the heads-up! It's good news anyway. And it's great to see dev team keeping up the game running with passion no matter what! Keep up the good work, and thanks for such a great Star Wars game! Having said that: health and safety first.

Take care and keep safe. Cheers!

Wow … I'm totally impressed.

Few people ever display such a total lack of character … And even fewer still display openly just how really low they will stoop in order to do what ???

This sort of statement is such an utter resounding demonstration of thoughtless, imprudent rhetoric with zero facts to back it up.

Yes … I am really holding back exactly what I'd like to say !!

(What a complete idiotic …..)

Yeah unfortunately if you get into chat with more people in the game you will find this attitude quite a bit more common than you may think.

I have seen it in guild chat, I have had tells with nasty people with this mentality more than once this past week it's really sad days for humanity truth be told.

It times like these you get to see people's true colors.

Yeah unfortunately if you get into chat with more people in the game you will find this attitude quite a bit more common than you may think.

I have seen it in guild chat, I have had tells with nasty people with this mentality more than once this past week it's really sad days for humanity truth be told.

Most of those people are just trolls, they think they are edgy, etc. And as people have said, the virius hasn't affected them badly, so they act the ***. Normally I give out about the mods in here being too heavy with the ban hammer, but there are some here who need a good belt with it, (would say any hammer at this stage, but might get in to trouble :rolleyes: )

You're pretty close to right.

What so many don't realize …..

This kind of attitude (the one you are describing) … so many think that they are being all big bad and super cool (or whatever) thus justifying their based attitude (w/o any moral compass) and degenerate conversation.

This something that cannot be legislated.

This is why sometimes finding guilds that really are fun and appreciate the simple things as well as the more complex really is hard to find !

At any rate. If we're not careful we will completely derail this thread. We don't want to do that.

Sooo … back on topic.

I am personally looking forward to the next update / patch / and exciting new information that can and will eventually be released.

I appreciate what the team is going through trying to get their work done via remote off site locations and trying to keep thing running as well as they are doing during this difficult time.

Thanks again to the entire team and staff !!

I agree with you that the poster was rude. However, it is worthwhile to note exactly how quickly the developers were able to implement 6.1c to nerf the KP trash, but cannot do a quick patch to activate double XP.

I suspect that the process to turn on an event is more difficult than the process to buff the hitpoints of trash. The process of coding may mean that turning on double XP is intimately tied into the code of the rest of 6.1.1 and cannot be separated from the other aspects of the planned patch. The person's rudeness aside, we need more detail regarding why an emergency patch to activate double XP is not OK, but an emergency patch to buff the HP of KP trash is perfectly fine. To most people, both these things seem to be small undertakings, compared to, say, recording voice acting for cutscenes for a new section of the story. The answer of, "it requires a patch," doesn't actually address the issue, since just about anything and everything in the game requires a patch to change.

I agree with you that the poster was rude. However, it is worthwhile to note exactly how quickly the developers were able to implement 6.1c to nerf the KP trash, but cannot do a quick patch to activate double XP.

I suspect that the process to turn on an event is more difficult than the process to buff the hitpoints of trash. The process of coding may mean that turning on double XP is intimately tied into the code of the rest of 6.1.1 and cannot be separated from the other aspects of the planned patch. The person's rudeness aside, we need more detail regarding why an emergency patch to activate double XP is not OK, but an emergency patch to buff the HP of KP trash is perfectly fine. To most people, both these things seem to be small undertakings, compared to, say, recording voice acting for cutscenes for a new section of the story. The answer of, "it requires a patch," doesn't actually address the issue, since just about anything and everything in the game requires a patch to change.

It might be because they are short handed, or working from home, or any number of things that go on behind the scenes. There has been a lot of people like the OP who've done nothing but moan and cry since this crisis has started, not caring who it has affected. I agree a more detailed explanation would be welcome, but it's possible that's all they were told, ie it's technical issues, etc, etc. So all CB could do was say, it needs a patch. :/

If working in a normal office were the case there might be some merit to that.

Patch or no …. none of us know what the entire procedure is or to whom the responsibility is given.

These are indeed unusual times which has affected everyone. Some businesses are now OUT of business.

ALL of should be more considerate when asking for information or making demands of the staff ….

Making demands ??? REALLY???

Seriously … please stop and think just how that sounds.

I know .. I get it !! So many people think that it's necessary to project the no nonsense tougher than tough, cut to the chase … vulgar when necessary …. blah, blah, blah !!!

Frankly most of us in the business world turn off people like that in an instant !! And yes I can speak from personal experience !

additional note: I'm really not on a rant when typing this... so please don't take it that way.

If working in a normal office were the case there might be some merit to that.

Patch or no …. none of us know what the entire procedure is or to whom the responsibility is given.

These are indeed unusual times which has affected everyone. Some businesses are now OUT of business.

I concur that these are extraordinary unprecedented times. All expectations should be tempered relative to the extraordinary circumstances we are facing.

But, I would like to know how it was so easy, and imperative, for them to nerf KP farming by pushing out two patches, first 6.1b and then 6.1c eleven days later, a grand total of 32 days from Musco's Feb 21 post, but there is no imperative to turn on double XP. For reference, patch 6.1b was on March 13 and the WHO declared the COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11 and the White House released the social distancing guidelines on March 16.

Again, I am not asking anyone to risk their safety in their work on this game. Their health and safety is far more important than whether I earn double XP or farm KP trash. I am, however, suggesting that nerfing something with little to no true victims took operational priority over turning on the double XP event. For the record, I do think that KP farming is probably degenerative play, its certainly not the "intended" design, but to suggest that any player was unfairly victimized because of the presence of KP farming is a stretch. Perhaps these consecutive nerfs, first of hitpoints, then of the number of trash mobs present, are operationally much easier than activating double XP. They must be, right?

However its also worthwhile noting that people have to play longer, and perhaps subscribe longer, if they have to earn regular XP instead of double XP. I mean, its essentially the same argument as to why Disney+ won't release all the remaining episodes of season 7 of Clone Wars and instead continues to release them weekly, despite the fact we're all captive audiences. Its very clearly intended to extend subscriptions and Disney neither denies that, nor apologizes for it. I'm not even suggesting they should, even though it would clearly benefit me as a consumer.

I don't know that double XP hurts the revenue stream of Bioware Austin in the same way that releasing the remainder of the season of Clone Wars would for Disney, as people binge watch the season and then cancel until season 2 of Mandalorian comes out. Double XP is certainly a quality of life improvement for some, whereas the KP nerf helps ... well, I'm not sure who that helps either. The playerbase is not naive. Because without a better explanation as to why separating double XP from the rest of 6.1.1 is so challenging technically, we're left with an alternative explanation which is, quite frankly, that it was more important to nerf KP farming than to provide players with a specific perk during this time.

This is not a tinfoil hat theory, nor am I demanding anything of the developers who have many concerns on their personal plates beyond whether I get double XP. I actually do appreciate that we are getting communication in general, far more increased communication about bugs being tracked than ever before, and that the plan is for patches to continue in spite of the challenges this pandemic has imposed. I am especially thrilled that these individuals continue to have jobs, which enables them to provide for themselves and their families in these challenging times. Thank you, SWTOR team, for making my quarantine more enjoyable.

But, if you get the time, please answer my question.

I concur that these are extraordinary unprecedented times. All expectations should be tempered relative to the extraordinary circumstances we are facing.

But, I would like to know how it was so easy, and imperative, for them to nerf KP farming by pushing out two patches, first 6.1b and then 6.1c eleven days later, a grand total of 32 days from Musco's Feb 21 post, but there is no imperative to turn on double XP. For reference, patch 6.1b was on March 13 and the WHO declared the COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11 and the White House released the social distancing guidelines on March 16.

Again, I am not asking anyone to risk their safety in their work on this game. Their health and safety is far more important than whether I earn double XP or farm KP trash. I am, however, suggesting that nerfing something with little to no true victims took operational priority over turning on the double XP event. For the record, I do think that KP farming is probably degenerative play, its certainly not the "intended" design, but to suggest that any player was unfairly victimized because of the presence of KP farming is a stretch. Perhaps these consecutive nerfs, first of hitpoints, then of the number of trash mobs present, are operationally much easier than activating double XP. They must be, right?

However its also worthwhile noting that people have to play longer, and perhaps subscribe longer, if they have to earn regular XP instead of double XP. I mean, its essentially the same argument as to why Disney+ won't release all the remaining episodes of season 7 of Clone Wars and instead continues to release them weekly, despite the fact we're all captive audiences. Its very clearly intended to extend subscriptions and Disney neither denies that, nor apologizes for it. I'm not even suggesting they should, even though it would clearly benefit me as a consumer.

I don't know that double XP hurts the revenue stream of Bioware Austin in the same way that releasing the remainder of the season of Clone Wars would for Disney, as people binge watch the season and then cancel until season 2 of Mandalorian comes out. Double XP is certainly a quality of life improvement for some, whereas the KP nerf helps ... well, I'm not sure who that helps either. The playerbase is not naive. Because without a better explanation as to why separating double XP from the rest of 6.1.1 is so challenging technically, we're left with an alternative explanation which is, quite frankly, that it was more important to nerf KP farming than to provide players with a specific perk during this time.

This is not a tinfoil hat theory, nor am I demanding anything of the developers who have many concerns on their personal plates beyond whether I get double XP. I actually do appreciate that we are getting communication in general, far more increased communication about bugs being tracked than ever before, and that the plan is for patches to continue in spite of the challenges this pandemic has imposed. I am especially thrilled that these individuals continue to have jobs, which enables them to provide for themselves and their families in these challenging times. Thank you, SWTOR team, for making my quarantine more enjoyable.

But, if you get the time, please answer my question.

Each state has a different Stay at Home order which was done differently for each state. On March 13, Texas had not issued a Stay at Home order. They didn't do that until April 2, which is probably why the double xp got changed. It was just done recently.

For weeks, Gov. Greg Abbott left it to local officials to impose the most restrictive orders. Millions of people in certain cities and counties were told to stay home, including in Harris County, which includes Houston; Dallas and Tarrant Counties in the Dallas-Fort Worth region; and Bexar County, which includes San Antonio. On March 31, Mr. Abbott tightened guidelines, but said that "this is not a stay-at-home strategy." The next day, he released a video message to Texans, saying he had ordered "all Texans to stay at home, except to provide essential services or do essential things like going to the grocery store.” A spokesman for Mr. Abbott later confirmed that Texas was under a statewide stay-at-home mandate.

Stay at home, effective April 2 at 12:01 a.m. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-stay-at-home-order.html

While they were told to stay at home, it was not an official order so knowing Texans like I do (I am originally from Texas) they going to take the suggestion and do what they want to do. Until there was an official order, they were still out going places so it could be the company hadn't set up work from home systems until after the official order.

My own state didn't do an official stay at home until April 7.

Edited by casirabit

Be careful with your offer! My nephew is an audio engineer. He was doing the sound for a horror short and decided it would be easier to do the voice work himself. He didn't think anyone would actually play the game. Markiplier ended up doing a playthrough while imitating his voice for his Scary Games series. Now a couple of million people have listened to his amateur voice work :p

I'd gladly do it just to add to my resume and say I'm a part of the SW universe I'd even make jokes about "that character on Nar Shada who sound like he straight outta Memphis!" :D

This is indeed something which surely many players are wondering about. And this is not a new issue. It has been like this throughout the history of this game.

My personal opinion: Management decision. Someone is in charge of making the call for it, and if he or she says: "Do it. I want it to be fixed by Tuesday." Then BW does it. And if he or she says "Stick to the plan." Or "Postpone it by one week." Then BW does that. For a long time, I have the feeling that at BW itself, they are avoiding responsibility as much as they can. They probably have good reasons for it.

Since it's always the same pattern - Something in favour of the players? Delay. Something in favour of the company? Immediate fix - I assume that the management person making those calls is not directly involved in BW's daily routines and makes decisions above their heads with an external point of view. Maybe some EA executive.

Please note that I have nothing to back up my opinion. It's just a hunch, mainly based on my own work experience in different companies in the past. I know the feeling of someone who is not directly involved making decisions which no one in your team appreciates, but you simply have to follow orders. Or quit. Which is what I did. ;)

My state restaurant association predicts 6 percent of restaurants will not reopen. They didn't care to estimate how many jobs will be lost. Those would be the small restaurants with no drive through, drive through are open, dinning rooms are closed. The chain restaurants with drive through service are doing fine. Even saw one with a "we are hiring" sign.

So with the next update, can wqe please have the automatic consuming of reputation badges for maxed reputation converted inmto credits of the same value ? I maxed out People of Rishi and Czerka and the bades auto consume and thus rendered useless, when I used to be able to sell them for credits.

So with the next update, can wqe please have the automatic consuming of reputation badges for maxed reputation converted inmto credits of the same value ? I maxed out People of Rishi and Czerka and the bades auto consume and thus rendered useless, when I used to be able to sell them for credits.

when you max your rep, the tokens are supposed to convert to credits, the same as what they used to be sold for. Well supposedly, never bothered checking myself, but another poster here confirmed that they do convert to credits, just never said how much, next time you are handing in a mission, take note of your credits, what credits the mission give, and you should have an idea how much. Hopefully it was the same as what the vendors gave.