Maintenance: March 24, 2020

DanielSteed

I can confirm that. Some people who earn the crest years ago loose it, but not everyone. And the opposite too.

Does i need to say that we only use a BROKEN TOOLS you provide to us ?

Changing our abilities to each end-content boss is something you advice for years, probably since the beginning of the game ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does i need to say that we only use a BROKEN TOOLS you provide to us ?

This is my thought. they're the ones that allowed people to do it. removing after the fact is a jerk move. at least with the companion gift exploit last year there was warning - do this and you will face consequences.

as a side note the snv nim deal doesn't affect me in any way.

for the people crying about losing crests they gained long ago, a developer confirmed that if a player was in a group that utilized the exploit that character would be at risk of losing their crest, regardless if they got it in that raid or helped others get it

don't exploit guys if you don't wanna run the risk of losing items

I actually unsubbed because of this. Really unprofessional, instead of fixing the bug faster they punished players for their own mistake. :mad:

you knew it was an exploit, you knew it was wrong, and you got caught........and it's their fault for taking away your ill gotten gains?

if on the other hand, you had the itmes before, and didn't exploit, then yes, it sucks, but hopefully this is just a bug or human error, and everyone that lost the items, that shouldn't will get it all back, and those exploiters, will have theirs removed.

you knew it was an exploit, you knew it was wrong, and you got caught........and it's their fault for taking away your ill gotten gains?

if on the other hand, you had the itmes before, and didn't exploit, then yes, it sucks, but hopefully this is just a bug or human error, and everyone that lost the items, that shouldn't will get it all back, and those exploiters, will have theirs removed.

Had no idea was an exploit, I only found out after reading the patch notes. The idea behind my displeasure is that if it hadn't been bugged, I wouldn't have been randomly invited to the NiM group and wouldn't have gotten the title in the first place. The thing that bugs me is that I had it for a moment only to see it taken away a day or two after. So I went from utter joy to disappointment and anger... abruptly, that's my issue really.

Edited by Demiarn

Had no idea was an exploit, I only found out after reading the patch notes. The idea behind my displeasure is that if it hadn't been bugged, I wouldn't have been randomly invited to the NiM group and wouldn't have gotten the title in the first place. The thing that bugs me is that I had it for a moment only to see it taken away a day or two after. So I went from utter joy to disappointment and anger abruptly, that's my issue really.

fair enough, you didn't kow it was an exploit, so your dissapointment is understandable, but it was still an exploit, the only way for them to do it, is to remove it from everyone who benefitted from it. But on the possitive side, you've done the op already, hopefully you'll be able to do it again, and you'll have an idea of what to do, and will (fingers crossed) get the itmes back

fair enough, you didn't kow it was an exploit, so your dissapointment is understandable, but it was still an exploit, the only way for them to do it, is to remove it from everyone who benefitted from it. But on the possitive side, you've done the op already, hopefully you'll be able to do it again, and you'll have an idea of what to do, and will (fingers crossed) get the itmes back

It's just so hard to find a group for that, but when the time'll come I'll be prepared. And ye know... time has a way of mellowing feelings. I still love the game, it's just the first time something like this has happened to me, had I known it was an exploit I wouldn't have gone there in the first place and would've spared myself the disappointment. :(

Edited by Demiarn

Dear Devs!

I can't understand your behaviour. Could you please elaborate?

Why you allowed such exploit to go on live servers? Why you didn't fix it ASAP? Why you even didn't release some official warnings about exploits, so everybody would be aware of consequences?

And now, you taking away items and titles earned long time ago and not taking what earned via exploiting.

DO YOUR JOB! And do it properly!

I am a player with a strong WoW background. And in WoW in such case Blizzard would ban everyone who used exploit and FOR SURE take away any titles and items earned. NO ONE would avoid it.

If you will not fix this mess in two weeks I am going to quit the game. I don't want to pay for such BAD service!

I lost the title on a toon which received it in late 3.0, and the title on another toon that received it in 4.0...

Here was the response to the ticket:

My name is Abhishikt. Thanks for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team concerning the

The Eternal Warrior title.

I understand your concern here however these rewards are removed by the studio team and if your rewards are removed from the game by the studio team then it means either you or someone from your group was involved in exploiting . Further, had there been an option to add the rewards from my end I would have surely added that for you however the option is not available for us to do so.

For any further queries with Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, you can always contact us or check our website : https://www.swtor.com/

Should you require further assistance with this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Once again thankyou for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team.

We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the survey which will help us to continually improve our support!

Survey Link

Thank you,

Abhishikt G

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

So I earned the title once upon a time ago, and I still lose it? Neat. Really cool.B

I lost the title on a toon which received it in late 3.0, and the title on another toon that received it in 4.0...

My name is Abhishikt. Thanks for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team concerning the

I understand your concern here however these rewards are removed by the studio team and if your rewards are removed from the game by the studio team then it means either you or someone from your group was involved in exploiting . Further, had there been an option to add the rewards from my end I would have surely added that for you however the option is not available for us to do so.

For any further queries with Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, you can always contact us or check our website : https://www.swtor.com/

Should you require further assistance with this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Once again thankyou for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team.

We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the survey which will help us to continually improve our support!

Survey Link

Thank you,

Abhishikt G

So I earned the title once upon a time ago, and I still lose it? Neat. Really cool.B

I'm confused by the "someone in your group" comment. Were you in some group helping others exploit? If so, sorry but I don't feel too badly for you if yours was mistakenly taken away. If you weren't, then that's another matter entirely. That's some absolute garbage that Bioware needs to address.

I'm confused by the "someone in your group" comment. Were you in some group helping others exploit? If so, sorry but I don't feel too badly for you if yours was mistakenly taken away. If you weren't, then that's another matter entirely. That's some absolute garbage that Bioware needs to address.

It's possible he was helping someone, they said anyone that was in a group which hd a member that was using the exploit would lose the title, etc, even if they had earned it before

My name is <redacted>. Thanks for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team concerning the

Thank you,

<redacted>

Also, don't think you are supposed to use CS names on the forum, so you might want to edit and remove them:/

guess the lesson to be learned here is don't exploit if you are not ready to face the consequences?

I didn’t exploit... I got these titles in 3.0 (which was already 5 levels over) and 4.0 (which was level sync)

So... yeah. It’s just them ignorantly going around and saying “let’s remove these titles just because”

Meanwhile, people who did the exploit still carry theirs around?

Nonsense

I didn’t exploit... I got these titles in 3.0 (which was already 5 levels over) and 4.0 (which was level sync)

So... yeah. It’s just them ignorantly going around and saying “let’s remove these titles just because”

Meanwhile, people who did the exploit still carry theirs around?

Nonsense

ok, you got your title before but did you run the op during the exploit time, and is it possible that someone in the op was exploiting it? If the answer is no, then you need to contact CS, and get them to look at the records, or go over their heads to the comminuity managers, and see what can be done.

for the people crying about losing crests they gained long ago, a developer confirmed that if a player was in a group that utilized the exploit that character would be at risk of losing their crest, regardless if they got it in that raid or helped others get it

don't exploit guys if you don't wanna run the risk of losing items

For lack of a better argument, just accuse everyone bringing up arguments against something, no matter how justified, of "crying." That, or you don't actually know what's going on and for what "offenses" people have lost their crests.

I know someone who lost her crest for just having gone into the instance once after hearing about the exploit and reskilling with a buddy to check that the bug works and laugh about the people using it to exploit bosses. She killed no boss, left the instance, didn't go back in during that patch, and will be unsubbing after the unhelpful customer support response unless they come up with something better. Honestly, I'd do the exact same thing and am utterly disgusted by BioWare on this.

Just being in a group with someone who "exploits" as justification for losing a hard-earned item like that is ridiculous when you consider how easy it is to "exploit." All someone had to do was respec while in the instance - easy to do by mistake even if you know about the bug, which isn't guaranteed - and even if you go out and back in to reset your level before killing any boss the system still tags your entire group for crest removal? This is supposed to be "justice"?

I agree with you 100% that anyone who exploited or actively helped anyone to exploit titles and crests should be punished and have them removed, and I don't feel badly for them at all, but if the system is unable to tell the difference and punishes people who never exploited any boss and simply did something people do every day, sometimes from boss to boss, and their entire groups, then they need to come up with a better solution that doesn't punish non-exploiters and to return their crests immediately. They messed up by taking so long to fix the exploit, and now have made the "solution" worse than the "problem."

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

Completely agreed. BW must return crests and titles to all who didn't really exploit bosses and remove for those who did.

Why should I play this game and tryhard to get something valuable and rare if I gonna loose it one day because of devs mistakes? Being aware of this just kills any motivation and makes me thinking about dropping my sub.

It doesn't matter if you "earned" it in 3.0 or when ever.

If you were on any of the encounters while using the exploit even if you already had a crest/title from before you had done an exploit regardless & this is simply the consquence of your actions even if you only did it to help out a friend or test it out for "fun" w/e.

You did something u shouldn't have. Now stop crying, grow up & move on.

Maybe next time don't use exploits.

Edited by dready_tv

If you were on any of the encounters while using the exploit even if you already had a crest/title from before you had done an exploit regardless & this is simply the consquence of your actions even if you only did it to help out a friend or test it out for "fun" w/e.

*sigh* Yet another person who would rather accuse people with a different opinion of "crying" rather than actually educate himself and learn why it's an issue to people. Obviously you didn't read a word I wrote an hour ago and/or are willfully ignorant of the situation. It is not only people who exploited bosses or helped others to do so who had their hard-earned crest and title stolen from them. It is anyone at all who dared to respec (oh, the horror!) within SnV within an entire patch period whether they killed a boss overleveled or not, and their entire groups who were eligible for "punishment." Do you have any idea how easy it was to trigger the level bug and thus the conditions they set for crest removal inadvertently?

If it only affected people who actually exploited or aided in exploiting bosses, I agree with you and would not mourn their prepatch crests being removed, but that's not the case at all. It's not a question of whether we think people who exploited should be punished, but rather that the wrong people were punished due to flawed conditions set by the developers in their failed attempt to target exploiters.

Customer Service has the ability to rectify this. They can see if someone actually killed any bosses in that op and restore the lost crests and titles to those who didn't deserve to lose them. This is why we have CS to begin with - because automated systems make mistakes, in this case lots of them. That they're disallowed from restoring lost items no matter what evidence they find is simply unacceptable.

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

Customer Service has the ability to rectify this. They can see if someone actually killed any bosses in that op and restore the lost crests and titles to those who didn't deserve to lose them. This is why we have CS to begin with - because automated systems make mistakes, in this case lots of them. That they're disallowed from restoring lost items no matter what evidence they find is simply unacceptable.

Customer service are actually saying that they cannot rectify this, and that only the studio team can do anything about it. However, when I asked for the studio team the response I received was:

"We are not able to give out that information. Also, if you create any further tickets on the same issue then we will be forced to close the ticket without any response."

So basically, if you earned these achievements, crests, kills, etc., and they mistakenly took them away. You are screwed and get to re-earn them.

You must struggle with reading comprehension... Nowhere did I say that I exploited. These titles/masks/codex entries were done in 3.0 (ebon hawk) and 4.0 (shadowlands). So could you please point to the exact moment I did something I shouldn't have? Should I have not killed it in 3.0? Or should I have not killed it in 4.0? I know I probably should have done it in 2.0 but unfortunately I was not in the game. Sorry.

Customer service are actually saying that they cannot rectify this, and that only the studio team can do anything about it. However, when I asked for the studio team the response I received was:

"We are not able to give out that information. Also, if you create any further tickets on the same issue then we will be forced to close the ticket without any response."

So basically, if you earned these achievements, crests, kills, etc., and they mistakenly took them away. You are screwed and get to re-earn them.

Oh, I know, that paragraph was meant as a point of criticism, not as a statement of current fact. CS has the physical ability to rectify the situation, could do so in a manner that's fair to everyone where the automated system failed, and is not allowed to regardless of the evidence they find showing that someone didn't exploit anything, which is completely unacceptable.