Healing interface

Saxxonknight

Of the 3 roles, healing is generally the most action intensive, that is because as this game's interface is laid out you have to retarget for each different person to heal them (aside from AE Heals). SWTOR is years behind several other MMOs in that either by player mods or UI improvements (ie macros) they made the interface more ergonomic for the healing role.

The big improvement I'd like to see is a click cast interface. This works by making modified clicks on the raid frame of a player like bound hotkeys. So, you click on the player's healthbar with Right or Left button and a different ability is tied to each. Using a CTRL, ALT or SHIFT modifier yields a different tied ability. With this game there are only a half dozen or so needed anyway.

What this does is allow the healer to remain targeted on the boss, and heal whomever needs to be healed without target swapping. This puts the action required on par with DPS or Tank roles.

The game needs more played healers, with a 4 person group size you need 25% playing healer role, 25% tank and rest DPS for best access to content. The better access, the more people are do content the more they are likely to play and stay.

Yeah when i started playing swtor as healer it took me a while not to have macroes since i was used to use mouseover healing in other famous mmo game, the mouseover healing is much faster really helpfull imo but tbh i turned out to be mostly dps player since in the new level 75 content with 100% increased healthbars and 50-100% increase damage for dps players healers only gain 20-30% more healing and when ur main heal heals less than 8% of players total health is just too much of effort. I stilkl go and heal level 70 conted where the healing is fine