5 years away why change the animation for Ravage

darthgamer

• 3 months later...
I don't know why anyone would pretend that not liking how something looks in this game is not a valid reason to dislike it.

This game has been re-skinning items in the Cartel Market since it's inception, and 99% of the population in this game are here to play Space Barbie. This game has zilch for an end game progression scene, this game is being floated entirely by looks, and how much people enjoy those looks.

There is an endgame NIM changes thread that has 17,000 views. Weird People You Meet in Groupfinder thread has 2.6 million views. That's 0.65%.

Think there are far, far less people that care about functionality in this game than you may think, and if the people that care about how things look go away, so does this game.

Exactly its almost like they are trying to swap people from realizing how bad it is.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

bump I suppose. I 100% agree. It should at the very least be an option in the skill tree.  I absolutely despise the change. MASTER STRIKE and RAVAGE animation should still be an option. It's not like they can't do it. as mentioned earlier, the flamethrower channel is an option in the tank tree.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sliding in here as someone who played back at launch. Ravage was just something unique to the class that made it kinda stand out. And yeah, it did look awesome (especially when you used it on minions and they animated getting attacked by it lol)

As for function though? I'd love the channeled/root option having it back so long as they maybe turn it into just a Jugg Nuke CD. Maybe something similar in use to PT's Shoulder Cannon, except tuned to be more of an execute, maybe? Make it cost 10 Rage, and only a PvP viable move for all I care lol.

Another part I liked about it back that is that you had that thrill of interrupting it with CC, or saving your friend from getting diced with a good force push. I dunno I just felt like it added that little bit of seasoning that a tab-targetted MMO needs for that flavor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xDreegan said:

Sliding in here as someone who played back at launch. Ravage was just something unique to the class that made it kinda stand out. And yeah, it did look awesome (especially when you used it on minions and they animated getting attacked by it lol)

As for function though? I'd love the channeled/root option having it back so long as they maybe turn it into just a Jugg Nuke CD. Maybe something similar in use to PT's Shoulder Cannon, except tuned to be more of an execute, maybe? Make it cost 10 Rage, and only a PvP viable move for all I care lol.

Another part I liked about it back that is that you had that thrill of interrupting it with CC, or saving your friend from getting diced with a good force push. I dunno I just felt like it added that little bit of seasoning that a tab-targetted MMO needs for that flavor.

Man those animations were AMAZING! I really miss them T-T

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I really do miss the old Ravage animation too. It was my favorite saber ability because of the feel, it's why I played a Juggernaut instead of the other melee classes. I'd love to have it back, keep the current functionality, that's FINE I guess, just make it powerful and look awesome again.

Please.

Old animations were amazing, especially the old Ravage.  It is absolutely infuriating to see NPCs use the old Ravage, while you cannot: Baras, the Jedi for the Heroic on Tattooine at the prison. Let's bring them all back ! 

Have a feeling Vicious Slash is suffering the same thing.  What's the chance that there's going to be another thread 5 yrs from now "5 years away why change the animation for Vicious Slash" ?

• Like 4

• 4 months later...