cheat karagga run conquest

darkzannah

I agree, this is not an exploit. This is just something EAWare didn't anticipate, although I have no idea as to how, when people were doing the same thing in ToS a couple of years back.

The simple solution to this is to remove all Conquest points from all Ops other than boss encounters and the completion of the Operation itself, or minimize the points so much, that it's pointless to farm trash. As mentioned before though, the players will find another way and the cycle will continue.

There's no question though, the KP farm is affecting all other aspects of end game currently.

Except I see the focus still being on the flavor of the day 'the players are not playing with the toys we gave them as we want them to'. In this case, I see the issue(s) as being a lack of planning /development /testing on the dev's part, not the players ways of achieving the goals they were given within the confines of the system as it is designed.

As the dev's have proven time and again with breaking things left and right every time they do effect a change, there is no 'simple' solution. So rather than nuking the population by drastic changes, maybe review intended goals vs what is actually being done and revise the goals accordingly.

Old adage that still applies: You can have it fast, you can have it right, or you can have it cheap: pick two.

As to CQ goals affecting 'end game' participation, I'll refer to my earlier statement: If you want people to focus on other areas of content and play, you need to make those activities more appealing /rewarding.

The sad fact is that by their own hand, BW/EA has chased off most of those that actually enjoyed Raiding/Ops for their own sake, regardless of CQ. So long as they keep chasing this unicorn of Renown & Conquest, it is not likely to change.

Edited by Kaveat

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The simple solution to this is to remove all Conquest points from all Ops other than boss encounters and the completion of the Operation itself, or minimize the points so much, that it's pointless to farm trash. As mentioned before though, the players will find another way and the cycle will continue.

There's no question though, the KP farm is affecting all other aspects of end game currently.

Removing all CQ points from ops other than bosses is not a solution at all. The point of adding CQ to all trash mobs around the galaxy was intended to let us "play our way". Your "solution" will only hurt raiders, and most people who farm conquest for the conquest's sake are not even raiders. Before cqp from all sources were added to the game, it meant for not being able to do conquest on the days we were raiding. We had to choose between raiding and doing conquest, as there was not enough hours in the day to do both.

Also with 6.0 we were introduced the 24h lockout for sm ops. If you get into a bad group and it won't finish the op, you have less than a day to find people to finish it before the lock expires, until your time in the op will turned into time wasted. There aren't that many people around who can even finish all current sm operation. People wipe on the old ones, not to mention gods or dxun. I avoid those like plague with a pug group, because I simply don't have time or interest to wipe there for hours with clueless people, who don't know how to play their class and nearly always fail to mention they don't know the mechanics either. Some people still try to pug them and teach new players how to do them, and even if they'd never finish it, they still got the conquest points. You want to take that away? Great solution - not.

You mentioned KP is the only endgame content at the moment. Well.. at least that's content most people CAN do even if they don't know how to play. I'd rather have KP farm continuing than having to wait til we have enough guildies to do a full op, or MM FP, or whatever, because pugging sm ops is too risky now with the 24h lock, and pugging MM FP makes me want to murder people, because they only pick HS, and even suck at that.

Removing all CQ points from ops other than bosses is not a solution at all. The point of adding CQ to all trash mobs around the galaxy was intended to let us "play our way". Your "solution" will only hurt raiders, and most people who farm conquest for the conquest's sake are not even raiders. Before cqp from all sources were added to the game, it meant for not being able to do conquest on the days we were raiding. We had to choose between raiding and doing conquest, as there was not enough hours in the day to do both.

Also with 6.0 we were introduced the 24h lockout for sm ops. If you get into a bad group and it won't finish the op, you have less than a day to find people to finish it before the lock expires, until your time in the op will turned into time wasted. There aren't that many people around who can even finish all current sm operation. People wipe on the old ones, not to mention gods or dxun. I avoid those like plague with a pug group, because I simply don't have time or interest to wipe there for hours with clueless people, who don't know how to play their class and nearly always fail to mention they don't know the mechanics either. Some people still try to pug them and teach new players how to do them, and even if they'd never finish it, they still got the conquest points. You want to take that away? Great solution - not.

You mentioned KP is the only endgame content at the moment. Well.. at least that's content most people CAN do even if they don't know how to play. I'd rather have KP farm continuing than having to wait til we have enough guildies to do a full op, or MM FP, or whatever, because pugging sm ops is too risky now with the 24h lock, and pugging MM FP makes me want to murder people, because they only pick HS, and even suck at that.

Removing all Conquest points from the Ops trash, or lowering them to such a minuscule amount that it's nearly irrelevant to farm, may not be the best solution, but it is indeed the simplest solution, and odds are that's exactly what's going to happen. They're not gonna remove all the trash leading up to a first boss in every Op, although they could, but it's highly unlikely that will happen. You're more than welcome to come back to this very thread and give me a big fat, "I told you so" if it goes any other way.

Your second paragraph I agree with most of it and I'm surprised no one has brought up LBLO's as being an exploit, because the reality of it is, most LBLO's on the fleet are for people wanting to receive quick CQ pts and/or the completion of the Op without putting in the effort, and not about progression. I'm not trying to take away anything. I don't work for the company and it's not my decision to release some of the stuff that gets released, that winds up having to be reworked because they didn't look at the big picture.

Nowhere did I mention KP was the 'only' endgame content at the moment, those are your words. You work for CNN? :) What I did mention was that KP farming is affecting all other aspects of end game currently.

You seem to be under this illusion that I'm all for them nerfing this, when, not one time, at any point in this thread have I mentioned that I'm for the nerfing of KP farming. What I have mentioned is that, I understand why it's being nerfed. There's a huge difference.

Removing all Conquest points from the Ops trash, or lowering them to such a minuscule amount that it's nearly irrelevant to farm, may not be the best solution, but it is indeed the simplest solution, and odds are that's exactly what's going to happen. They're not gonna remove all the trash leading up to a first boss in every Op, although they could, but it's highly unlikely that will happen. You're more than welcome to come back to this very thread and give me a big fat, "I told you so" if it goes any other way.

Your second paragraph I agree with most of it and I'm surprised no one has brought up LBLO's as being an exploit, because the reality of it is, most LBLO's on the fleet are for people wanting to receive quick CQ pts and/or the completion of the Op without putting in the effort, and not about progression. I'm not trying to take away anything. I don't work for the company and it's not my decision to release some of the stuff that gets released, that winds up having to be reworked because they didn't look at the big picture.

Nowhere did I mention KP was the 'only' endgame content at the moment, those are your words. You work for CNN? :) What I did mention was that KP farming is affecting all other aspects of end game currently.

You seem to be under this illusion that I'm all for them nerfing this, when, not one time, at any point in this thread have I mentioned that I'm for the nerfing of KP farming. What I have mentioned is that, I understand why it's being nerfed. There's a huge difference.

Fair enough. There's been so many people who want to nerf KP so that their small guilds could win the planets (as if that would ever happen), that is difficult to keep track of who said what. :)

Personally I enjoyed the short era between release of Dantooine and 6.0, when we could literally play any content we wanted without having to worry about capping toons. If the devs would bring back that, and maybe add more objectives, or remove legacy/daily restrictions, KP farming would die down on it's own. And to give small guilds a chance to win some planets sometimes, adding more planets to conquer each week would not only benefit them, it would benefit the whole playerbase, as people wouldn't be forced to join a huge conquest guild to get the conqueror titles. Quality of the guilds would matter, not the size.

Fair enough. There's been so many people who want to nerf KP so that their small guilds could win the planets (as if that would ever happen), that is difficult to keep track of who said what. :)

Personally I enjoyed the short era between release of Dantooine and 6.0, when we could literally play any content we wanted without having to worry about capping toons. If the devs would bring back that, and maybe add more objectives, or remove legacy/daily restrictions, KP farming would die down on it's own. And to give small guilds a chance to win some planets sometimes, adding more planets to conquer each week would not only benefit them, it would benefit the whole playerbase, as people wouldn't be forced to join a huge conquest guild to get the conqueror titles. Quality of the guilds would matter, not the size.

Someone else brought this up and it might have been in this very thread somewhere, which is a great idea, and probably the best one, and that is to put all planets, every week, on the Conquest board, giving the smaller guilds a chance to win. Why something like that hasn't been implemented already is beyond me...

Someone else brought this up and it might have been in this very thread somewhere, which is a great idea, and probably the best one, and that is to put all planets, every week, on the Conquest board, giving the smaller guilds a chance to win. Why something like that hasn't been implemented already is beyond me...

We told BW/EA from the beginning that most planets were too small, and seriously lacking diversity in multi-leveled content. There is no reason at all (other than then stated bland objections to 'budget issues') that every planet can not have multiple 'urban and rural areas'.

Now, years later, for Conquest this would simplify things by adding multiple small /medium /large CQ target areas on each planet, with varied rewards to lure the larger guilds, thus leaving the smaller targets to the smaller guilds. Each area could also have its own set of dedicated heroics /missions that are triggered by a guild invading that specific zone, not just the planet as a whole. One could also make a requirement of having the guild ship in orbit of the invasion target (and ffs, finally take the guild ship OUT of fleet chat and put it in with the planet/ invasion zone). Hell, you could even have GSF and all tiers of PvP (World /Unranked /Ranked /etc) based on guilds competing for the same targets. Imagine capture and hold PvP matches based on invading guild ships, or even CTF that had you ranging from one GS to another with a bit of GSF in the cross over...

At this stage, BW is only stunting its own growth and activity, as bad of not taking advantage of available opportunities as GL was for so many years.

Edited by Kaveat

QFE x 2 ...and let's hope BioWare is still following this thread, without having made their "final" decision already internally. :cool:

First of all, yes this bug was discovered during a KP run.

The trash in KP has been getting me 10,534 renown points per kill. However, if someone is level 70 in your group and then levels to 71, my renown drops to 8,581 points per kill. This doesn't only affect me, EVERYONE in the group has their renown points drop per kill. If we then start another run, my renown is back to 10,534 points per kill.

The only reason I am posting this is that this could be a much larger issue for people who are doing full ops. If someone levels from 70 to 71 in the beginning of their op, everyone in their group will be losing out on tons of renown points for the rest of the op.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva