cheat karagga run conquest

darkzannah

all BW is doing is making it more hard each week for smaller guilds to hit their goal for conquest doing kp runs at the start of each week seems to work out for most people that play this game it clear's up some free time for players to get back to running story line on what ever toon they are working on but what ever seems this is going down hill for the most part

They don't get it. Their small guild is losing for some bigger guild who is investing their own time and creds for CQ, imagining if they ruin conquest for all players, they will have a chance against the guild they seem to dislike. After they've ruined the game from the rest of us, they are still gonna lose, because they are not willing to work for it like the rest of us. I guess they are the kind of people who have had everything handed to them for free in life, and they expect they are entitled to the rewards for free in games too. And when someone is working harder than they are, they call it "cheating". How pathetic is that.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing is people ***** and complain about this, coming from a guild with only a hand full of people in it and making conquest is nice. I see it as a way of fair play cause not everyone wants to join a big guild. Now if they'd do something about the frameworks it would be nice as a small guild not being able to open my ship sucks when it takes almost 1billion to open it up that's ridicules.

I capped a toon in one sitting running snv as a large conquest objective, combined with the fact it was gf and has lots of adds. Nerf! (/sarcasm for the challenged)

How long did it take you to run SnV?

You think that it should be FAR easier to run around killing a bunch of adds instead of completing an operation?

What is the purpose of even having content then?

Let's not pretend the amount of RXP and conquest points you get from completing operations is comparable to what those adds are giving. If it was even remotely close, KPF (Karraga's Palace Farm) wouldn't have taken over endgame raiding completely.

Your anecdotal experiences, while entertaining, don't provide many details. They seem more like an intent to protect what is obviously a skewed source of CXP and RXP, rather than have constructive discussion. Are you implying that people were crying nerf when running operations was the best way to get conquest points?

You're exaggerating.

No one is asking them to nerf total conquest points received. I was completely happy with the way things were before they nerfed all sources of conquest.

However, this small area is severely unbalanced compared to ALL the other sources of RXP and conquest in the game.

It's exactly the same as what Kuat Drive Yards was years back. There should always be more than one way to efficiently compete in conquest, earn RXP, etc. Right now, nothing comes close. Such as strong imbalance is an issue.

Hence why the devs said it "wasn't intended."

So why not add more activities that give more points then instead of nerfing the one way people seem to enjoy it? Maybe players feel that all the other activities aren’t worth the time so they do the one that is worth the time.

As someone mentioned, people will search out and find the next easiest fun way to get conquest all BW does is play whack-a-mole when they “fix” things. They plug one hole, only for people to find another one to pop their heads out.

I just think many game design features are downright bad, and so when people are only using one source of conquest points, or mostly only one then that tells me the system is faulty. The system is not providing players with enough FUN and effective ways to get conquest points when they all start using only one activity for conquest, if that’s what is really going on.

Edited by Lhancelot

all BW is doing is making it more hard each week for smaller guilds to hit their goal for conquest doing kp runs at the start of each week seems to work out for most people that play this game it clear's up some free time for players to get back to running story line on what ever toon they are working on but what ever seems this is going down hill for the most part

This here is absolute nonsense. 1 person can get 500k for a small yield Planet by themselves without doing the KP cheat very easily. If a small guild of 3-4 people can't hit 500k together, they must not be trying very hard. Most weeks I pull 600k+ by myself.

This here is absolute nonsense. 1 person can get 500k for a small yield Planet by themselves without doing the KP cheat very easily. If a small guild of 3-4 people can't hit 500k together, they must not be trying very hard. Most weeks I pull 600k+ by myself.

My 3-4 person guild gets in the 1.2 million range. We also go rather hardcore on weekends. My biggest issue is that nerfing KP is their biggest priority. Like, I had literally never seen it happen before it was posted here. Now that I'm paying attention, I've seen 3 groups form kp grind runs since this was posted. There are real, bigger picture issues, that are being ignored to nerf a perceived too easy grind. I have literally zero reason to play outside of conquest, and their changes have consistently made it worse for me and my guild. And for whatever reason, I'm still here.

That's not the biggest reason why they are whining. They are whining because big guilds win planets and they don't. They are under the delusion, that if they make conquest miserable for everyone, they will have a better chance winning the big ones.

The only way small guilds will ever have a chance to win planets is having more planets on conquest every week, and more options to get CQ points from. I'm pretty sure majority of players would actually like that, because then everyone could actually play the content they enjoy, without having to worry about conquest.

So why not add more activities that give more points then instead of nerfing the one way people seem to enjoy it? Maybe players feel that all the other activities aren’t worth the time so they do the one that is worth the time.

As someone mentioned, people will search out and find the next easiest fun way to get conquest all BW does is play whack-a-mole when they “fix” things. They plug one hole, only for people to find another one to pop their heads out.

I just think many game design features are downright bad, and so when people are only using one source of conquest points, or mostly only one then that tells me the system is faulty. The system is not providing players with enough FUN and effective ways to get conquest points when they all start using only one activity for conquest, if that’s what is really going on.

That would be totally fine with me. It's the same thing we've been asking for ages with Hammer Station (not to nerf Hammer Station MM but to make harder content more rewarding to run).

Also, there's no way you can possibly believe that KPF is "entertaining" or "fun," so let's not pretend that's what's going on here.

As Eric stated "it's not intended …", so in my opinion it's an exploit using. I hope BW has logs so they could indentify those who use these exploit. It would be nice for instance, if they reset the Guild Level to 1 for these guilds.

it's not an exploit do you even know what an exploit is ?

it's not an exploit do you even know what an exploit is ?

I mean to me an exploit is something like the companion gift conundrum from a while back. Kp farming might not be intended but it's hardly an exploit. My small guild can't win planets with it, but we wouldnt be able to without it either.

I mean to me an exploit is something like the companion gift conundrum from a while back. Kp farming might not be intended but it's hardly an exploit. My small guild can't win planets with it, but we wouldnt be able to without it either.

Yeah, I agree with you. It's not intended, but it doesn't mean players are breaking any rules by participating.

This is simply the case of the devs implementing something without thinking about the long-term ramifications. There's no reason to punish players over that (which is probably why they never hinted at anything of the sort - "Make sure to stop running KP farm immediately!").

An exploit is when there's something the devs are UNAWARE of going on causing allowing players to do something they shouldn't be able to. Phasing through walls, replicating credits from scratch, duping, etc. are exploits. This is simply poor planning/faulty game design. Just like the trading-in gear to get the perfect amps. I feel like it's one of those things where the devs are like, "nah, they'd never do that," for the 1,000th showing that they have little inkling of human nature, lol.

As Eric stated "it's not intended …", so in my opinion it's an exploit using. I hope BW has logs so they could indentify those who use these exploit. It would be nice for instance, if they reset the Guild Level to 1 for these guilds.

Considering the number of people on fleet asking to join a KP run, and the number of guilds piled up at the blue wall waiting to get in while their phase resets, you'd see a lot of guilds reset at level 1, and probably a lot of people after that digging in their desk drawer for their old copy of KOTOR and forgetting SWTOR exists.

It's one thing to piss off the player base in a minor way by taking away a conquest toy.

It's entirely another to erase all the work guilds have built into getting to level 100+ or more, and unfounded given that there's been no gold text, as mentioned above, of any stated or implied punishment for participating.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I hope the devs take the lesson and make something positive out of this.

The important lesson: conquest points can be a strong motivator.

Recommended outcome: make some open world PvP content based on something similar. Like for example, spawn many mobs like those in KP in an open PvP environment, where the players can farm CQ from the mobs, but also can be attacked by players from the other faction. This can bring a lot of open world PvP action, an important aspect of successful MMORPGs where SWTOR has failed.

So instead of likely breaking KP (and who knows what else) in the process of "fixing" this "undesirable grind", how about the devs spend their time and efforts more productively in providing more appealing activities that are player/alt friendly.

(Also Keeping in mind that the last several times the devs have 'intervened' on popular activities in the past, it has not gone so well for players /guilds /subscriptions.)

TBH, I see a larger issue in the current Conquest & Renown systems and how they encourage mindless grinding/farming instead of actually playing content to completion. Bottom line, Fix the problem, not the blame. If you want people to focus on other areas of content and play, you need to make those activities more appealing /rewarding. More aptly, you have to make the juice worth the squeeze.

Edited by Kaveat

There is no exploit, only an unintended avenue in the current action/reward system, and a certain lack of depth and breadth in views on "how things should work".

Edited by Kaveat

Only if the devs could make content instead of giving us rehashed old garbage with a level sync system.

If only they could scale the content rather than level sync it.

BW: oh we can't make enough content to keep you entertained, no problem, we'll just raise everything else!

Several years later: oh no! Now it's too hard for us to raise the level cap of all content too. But it's still too hard for us to actually create content for you. So we're going to invent this absurd system of level syncing that makes sure you still need the new gear, because we still want you to play the game under a pretense of an endgame that doesn't, as a matter of technicality, exist. And by the way, even though it says "50-75" operations are really 70-75, and if you don't want to be a burden on your team, dont rely on level upscaling.

BW now: oh now you guys found a shortcut to capping characters more quickly than intended, rather than playing things our way. Because you playing things our way makes it easier and cheaper for us to make profits off your money than giving you what you want, we're going to fix the kp grind, while ignoring anything to make other activities more palatable and any complaints regarding 6.0 systems.

Edited by KendraP

That's not the biggest reason why they are whining. They are whining because big guilds win planets and they don't. They are under the delusion, that if they make conquest miserable for everyone, they will have a better chance winning the big ones.

The only way small guilds will ever have a chance to win planets is having more planets on conquest every week, and more options to get CQ points from. I'm pretty sure majority of players would actually like that, because then everyone could actually play the content they enjoy, without having to worry about conquest.

Small guilds will never really compete in conquest with large guilds anymore. That's just a fact. The large guilds simply have more people doing conquest throughout the day/night that small guilds will never really be able to win a planet.

With that being said Yes I do think that they need to fix KP farm. I've seen so many groups forming for KP Farm on SS, and only very rarely have I seen any GF Operations formed recently on SS.

Small guilds will never really compete in conquest with large guilds anymore. That's just a fact. The large guilds simply have more people doing conquest throughout the day/night that small guilds will never really be able to win a planet.

With that being said Yes I do think that they need to fix KP farm. I've seen so many groups forming for KP Farm on SS, and only very rarely have I seen any GF Operations formed recently on SS.

Yeah, I agree. Maybe the other people who feel this change isn't very important aren't on SS or don't enjoy running other content.

I'm on SS, and the difference from a few weeks ago to now is night and day. I am 1 day away from canceling my subscription (again, sigh, though it's hard to follow through when you cancel and then 6 people click on your referral link, lol) because, what is there to do now?

PVP is broken for me.

OPs don't form in any chat anymore, despite attempting for hours.

MM FPs don't pop anymore, and trying to form a group is useless unless you're stealth and/or agree to spam HS MM.

My nights are spent playing GSF and running planetary missions in between pops. Wait, I can do that without subscribing!

Edited by sharkfishman

There is no exploit, only an unintended avenue in the current action/reward system, and a certain lack of depth and breadth in views on "how things should work".

I agree, this is not an exploit. This is just something EAWare didn't anticipate, although I have no idea as to how, when people were doing the same thing in ToS a couple of years back.

The simple solution to this is to remove all Conquest points from all Ops other than boss encounters and the completion of the Operation itself, or minimize the points so much, that it's pointless to farm trash. As mentioned before though, the players will find another way and the cycle will continue.

There's no question though, the KP farm is affecting all other aspects of end game currently.

Edited by Pirana

Only if the devs could make content instead of giving us rehashed old garbage with a level sync system.

A systemic lack of 'content quantity' in favor of more 'content quality' has always been a highly debated issue for this game, and one that will never end. Instituting the level-sync system was one way of abridging multiple interests, and is not likely to be changing any time soon.