Objective pvp is a mess

TrixxieTriss

LOL - I love how there's all these very flamboyantly dressed people in all these pictures, and then there's "joe", in his black t-shirt just standing there with his arms crossed. Obviously he's peeved off at all these people sticking to the objectives. :p

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - I love how there's all these very flamboyantly dressed people in all these pictures, and then there's "joe", in his black t-shirt just standing there with his arms crossed. Obviously he's peeved off at all these people sticking to the objectives. :p

Actually that guy is the real flamboyant one sticking out in his drab garb. He's the real rebel.

Actually that's the best thing about those types of places whether it's a bar, club, parade, event, whatever you can go any way you want and for the most part no one is going to say a bad word to you about how you look.

I believe I found you. Driving the motorcycle the very last image I see there, the two riding the motorcycle with the rainbow flag is that you?

LoL, Nah, I’m not one of the “d*kes on bikes” (that’s what they call themselves)... I’m a lipstick

LMAO, he is the objective (for the guys)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

trixxie is the person on top picture number three ,right side who put the tongue out , confirm

Dua Lipa is very hot and I got to meet her. It’s a shame I can’t sing like her :cool:

I never listened to her music, never even heard of her tbh. How did she become so beloved by the gay community?

P.S. I think I found Trixxie. Holding a colorful umbrella with the guy wearing a muzzle and kneeling beside her.

P.P.S. Do all Aussies say "Crikey" or was that just a Steve Irwin thing? Also, do all Aussies love eating vegemite sandwiches?

Edited by Lhancelot

I never listened to her music, never even heard of her tbh. How did she become so beloved by the gay community?

P.S. I think I found Trixxie. Holding a colorful umbrella with the guy wearing a muzzle and kneeling beside her.

P.P.S. Do all Aussies say "Crikey" or was that just a Steve Irwin thing? Also, do all Aussies love eating vegemite sandwiches?

1. Not sure how she became an LGBTI icon

2. Shhhh, don’t let people know about my other passion :cool:

3. No one says crikey. Irwin was a clown without car (nice guy, just a bit nuts and nothing like 99.99% of Aussies).

4. I hate vegemite, but most Aussies do like it (not sure why). An Aussie classic is vegimite and chip sandwich.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

1. Not sure how she became an LGBTI icon

2. Shhhh, don’t let people know about my other passion :cool:

3. No one says crikey. Irwin was a clown without car (nice guy, just a bit nuts and nothing like 99.99% of Aussies).

4. I hate vegemite, but most Aussies do like it (not sure why). An Aussie classic is vegimite and chip sandwich.

What is vegemite made of? :confused:

Is it commonly served during holidays like Americans do turkey? Do Aussies trade vegemite recipes?

Edited by Lhancelot

What is vegemite made of? :confused:

Is it commonly served during holidays like Americans do turkey? Do Aussies trade vegemite recipes?

LoL, you guys are funny.

Here is some Vegemite info for you, written by an American for Americans to understand (so it’s not the same perspective as an Aussies)

A Vegemite sandwich to an Australian kid is the equivalent of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to an American kid – but the taste is QUITE different!

Vegemite is made from leftover brewers’ yeast extract (a by-product of beer manufacture) (because Aussies love our beer) and various vegetable and spice additives. It is very dark reddish-brown, almost black, in color, and one of the richest sources known of Vitamin B. It is thick like peanut butter, it is very salty, and it tastes like – well let’s just say that it is an acquired taste!

Australian children are brought up on Vegemite from the time they are babies (partly true in the past, not so much now). It is said that Australians are known to travel all over the world with at least one small jar of Vegemite in their luggage, for fear that they will not be able to find it.(this is a bit of an urban legend. Aussies that do travel with Vegemite mostly do so in countries where food security or dietary differences will upset their stomachs. Plus, it’s one of those foods that is allowed into most counties. It’s not because they can’t live with out it :rolleyes:)

Fun facts

Did You Know?

22.7 million jars of Vegemite are manufactured in Australia every year – that’s 235 jars per minute.

30 jars are sold in Australia for every one exported.

Vegemite is in nine out of ten pantries in Australia.

History:

In 1922, Fred Walker (1884-1935) of Melbourne, Australia decided to try to make a special “yeast extract” that would be as delicious as it was nourishing for his Fred Walker Cheese Company to sell. The chief scientist in the company Fred owned was Dr. Cyril P. Callister, and it was Dr. Callister who invented the first Vegemite spread. He used brewer’s yeast and blended the yeast extract with ingredients like celery, onion, salt, and a few secret ingredients to make this paste.

In 1924, a national competition and a prize of 50 pounds was offered to the winner or winners to name the new product. The name ‘Vegemite’ was finally chosen from the entries by Fred’s daughter Sheilah.

With its unusual and unique flavor, Vegemite was not an immediate success and sales were slow. In 1928 Vegemite was renamed and registered as Parwill in an attempt to boost its sales and to attract customers of the rival spread Marmite (an English yeast spread that dominated the Australian market since 1910). “If Marmite…then Parwill” was the rationale behind Walker’s strategy to carve a niche in the market for his spread. The name Parwill and Walker’s play on words didn’t catch on. It was only sold as Parwill for a short time in Queensland. The name was withdrawn in 1935, and the original name was reinstated.

Earlier, in 1925, Walker had arranged with the Chicago, Illinois firm of James L. Kraft to make processed cheese in Australia. A company called the Kraft Walker Cheese Co. was established alongside Fred Walker and Co. In 1935, Walker used the success of his processed cheese to launch a new campaign to revive Vegemite. The company launched 2-year coupon redemption scheme whereby a jar of Vegemite was given away with every purchase of other products in the Fred Walker Cheese Company. Australians tried the product and loved it. Vegemite was well and truly on the road to success.

Two years later, the company held a poetry competition and once again brought this product into the national spotlight. This time its success the prizes were imported American Pontiac cars. Entries flooded in and sales multiplied.

In 1935, the recipe and manufacturing methods was sold to Kraft Foods and has been wholly owned and made by them. In 1939, the product received endorsement from the British Medical Association which allowed doctors to recommend it as a Vitamin B-rich, nutritionally balanced food for patients.

In World War II, soldiers, sailors, and the civilian population of Australia all had Vegemite included in their rations. Soldiers’ Vegemite came in three sizes: seven-pound tins for the platoon, eight-ounce tins for soldiers on the go, and half-ounce rations for behind enemy lines. This war-time demand meant that civilian were limited. Hence, advertisements were run to explain the situation:

Vegemite fights with the men up north! If you are one of those who don’t need Vegemite medicinally, then thousands of invalids are asking you to deny yourself of it for the time being.

The main change to the original recipe in recent years has been to reduce the salt content from 10% to 8%.

Vegemite’s rise to popularity was helped by the marketing campaigns written by J. Walter Thompson advertising in 1954. They used groups of smiling, attractive healthy children singing a catchy The Happy Little Vegemite Song (see below). The song was first aired on radio in 1954 and then on television in 1956. This advertising campaign continued until the late 1960s.

The Happy Little Vegemite Song every Aussie from my generation and before knows this tune well

https://aso.gov.au/titles/ads/happy-little-vegemites/clip1/

We are happy little Vegemites as bright as bright can be,

We all enjoy our Vegemite for breakfast, lunch and tea,

Our mummy says we’re growing stronger every single week,

Because we love our Vegemite,

We all adore our Vegemite,

It puts a rose in every cheek!

We don’t trade recipes. But there are many uses for vegemite in cooking, ie, add to a gravy that lacks flavour and colour.

I know lots of people eat avocado and vegemite on toast (yuk, I hate both).

I personally call it vaginamite :cool:

Edited by TrixxieTriss

LoL, you guys are funny.

Here is some Vegemite info for you, written by an American for Americans to understand (so it’s not the same perspective as an Aussies)

We don’t trade recipes. But there are many uses for vegemite in cooking, ie, add to a gravy that lacks flavour and colour.

I know lots of people eat avocado and vegemite on toast (yuk, I hate both).

I personally call it vaginamite :cool:

Lots of good information finally the forums actually are useful for something. Thanks Trixxie.