Knights of the Fallen Empire (KotFE) Bug

depeshmood

It has to do with the fact that the companions you recruit back into your Alliance are not, from a database perspective, the same entities as they were pre-KOTFE. That's why they often change primary weapon: for example, Torian and SCORPIO, who used to use electrostaves, now use rifles. That's also why the companions don't say their flavor speech when you exit the starport of vanilla planets any more. From the game's perspective, they are completely different entities.

As long as you don't change crew members in the Hangar, the bonuses remain, even if you never get the companions back. I can still use SCORPIO as a crew member even though

her essence was either destroyed or merged with the network of Iokath

Being a programmer myself, although not for video games, it would have been possible to have different flags in place to keep GSF separate from the story line aspect, which would not have caused this "feature". Unfortunately, since this has more than likely been around since the release of Chapter 2 from KotFE, the likelihood of this ever being corrected and/or updated is fairly low.

Possible solution for the devs... IF there is in fact a separate record for the main story line and one for the expansion(s), then an easy solution would be to mark both records as having been purchased at the time of purchase. Granted, I have no idea how the database architecture is structured, so am really just shooting in the dark.

Sadly, based on the lack of replies and/or joining in the conversation in the GSF forums from any of the devs to anything GSF related, this will more than likely be swept under the rug with the remainder of GSF related bugs and/or suggestions.