Penalties for Quitter's in Regs

jediharrsion

This has gotten very annoying. The title is self explanatory, I know that ranked arenas have quitter penalties. I think it is high time to bring quitter penalties to regs

Until they let us select the map type and they also fix match making so it works, having penalties for quitting would just kill the queue.

Hutt ball is busted beyond belief and many don’t want to or won’t stay for those matches.

Other maps bug out and people also leave

Match making is a complete shambles and would be better if they went back to no matchmaking (which says a lot)

People have pet hates for certain maps. I personally really, really hate odessen and won’t play it,

All of those problems and hurdles would need to be over come before it would be fair to add a deserter timers to Regs.

Personally, I’d stop playing pvp for the day if I got a deserter time out. As I’m sure many other people would.

I completely agree. It will allow people to rotate through the maps better when they aren't being funneled to whatever is the hated map of the moment.

And no, i dont think they should let us choose, cause again, it will lead to less variety or longer queue times. That is what would kill the queue.

Though, any internal system to prevent the same map from popping repeatidly sometimes, would be welcome.

Edited by Nemmar

I can understand the frustration. A lot of people rage quit way too soon and matches that were entirely winnable go through a revolving door of backfills because half the team decides they're out when the first Voidstar door gets capped or the other team gets the first goal in Huttball. A good number of those matches even end up being won after the rage quitters depart. (maybe they were the problem?)

That being said I'd be against implementing penalties for leaving matches for a number of reasons. The first is that no players get a choice on which map to queue for, and no option to disable backfills. A player that pops into a match type they do not like - Huttball for instance -should be allowed to quit without penalties considering they can't choose which maps to queue for. Likewise no player should be obligated to play through the remainder of the unwinnable 550-200 Ancient Hypergate Match they backfilled into.

There are other legitimate reasons to drop matches as well, from teams that aren't even trying to play to win, to pug vs premade matchups, to uneven arena matchups where 3 DPS are pitted against a full trinity team, ect, ect.

If penalties for leaving are going to be implemented it needs to come paired with players being able to choose which maps to queue for, arenas not popping at all unless teams can be balanced first, full PUGs only being pitted against full PUGs, and penalties implemented for not playing objectives. If your objective points in Huttball are 0 and your team loses for example, no valor gain, no experience gain, no affection gained from Pierce or M1-4x, no Conquest points, no daily or weekly quest progression, no renown gain.

Unless all that happens and players stop getting participation trophies for playing without any attempt to win, quitting should be allowed.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

This has gotten very annoying. The title is self explanatory, I know that ranked arenas have quitter penalties. I think it is high time to bring quitter penalties to regs

No way. I hate huttball so why should i play it? I hate premades so why should i sit in a fight which is lost because enemy team has 4 elitists with tank, healer and voice comms.

NO, means no

No way. I hate huttball so why should i play it? I hate premades so why should i sit in a fight which is lost because enemy team has 4 elitists with tank, healer and voice comms.

NO, means no

I can understand the premade issue and agree, but huttball is a warzone. If you cant stand it, you shouldnt be queueing for warzones.

While i would agree normally, in this case, given the current state of things, i cannot.

Until or unless they do 2 things, #1 some form of actual match making, and #2 allow us to exclude certain maps, its not something i would support.

As long as I can still quit before the match starts once I've seen its yet another Huttball.

I used to be a non leaver up until ToFN and the cross faction and did win turn around some great maps especially in Huttball or Denova map. Cross Faction help the community not little, but hey we have to do so we have less one minute waiting ques.

But nowadays why should I stay in a map when no one is caring.

So I have made a few simple set of rules to make my Regz WZ enjoyable and one is if I see that a game has no hope of turning into a win, and I am the only one trying to win I leave. Since I pay my Sub I am free to do that, just as 90% are free to zerg (x amount) of DPS or do 1vs1 in an unknown part of map. So to each his own!

Stupid Thread IMO.

I am tempted to leave but I never really do if I join solo because if you join solo you know you may fight premade it doesn't really matter the warzone or who is with you even if my team is really bad or they totally ignore objective I just try to do the best I can with the people I am group together, a sort of "extreme training"

when I join as a group I just follow whatever the others do, some people really hate some wz (huttball in particular) so if someone of the group says he doesn't want to do it we all drop it, I wouldn't want to force him to do something he hates.

I see how certain warzone caters to certain classes more than others and some objects are easier for some class but if you enter with the mindset of improving yourself no matter the odds even if your team is bad and the enemy is premade and you don't like the warzone those are all good reason to try harder and see what you can accomplish and you know it will be real "your" accomplishment (as the team is bad!)...

at least this is how I justify staying even in the worst of the game!