Why there is no snipers in ranked?

ShieldProtection

I noticed there is almost few to none snipers in ranked matches, any reason why? I keep seeing sorc and merc instantly however. It is almost like entire game is either sorc/merc or vanguard/sage. Can anyone explain this? its started to annoy me recently, because of this, matches getting too long or annoying experience.

It's a hard class to climb in because you're often the first tunnel target and while that was the case a lot of times in 5.0 as well, the 6.0 meta has not only bigger burst, but better burst from yellow damage dealing classes for which snipers DCDs aren't as effective in mitigating. Subsequently, snipers are left with no other choice but to spend most of the match kiting and that's not easy to pull off consistently because all it takes is one hardstun and half your health (at best) is gone.

While some snipers may not have a problem with having to run and kite nearly every single match, I do think many of them don't find that play-style fun, especially in 6.0 so they either re-rolled or just stopped queuing all together.

I personally think it has to do with bioware being unable to fix class stacking so I get tossed into matches with 1 sin and two ops, and I got 2 juggs and a sorc, and I know that the second I run out of entrenched I'm essentially screwed, because none of my dcds can mitigate the damage sins and ops do since it's white whatever. Because bioware big dumb meme, and can't class balance.

I mean look at the ranked leaderboards for season 12, there are 10 snipers with 100 wins, (one's got 99 atm so he counts bite me), 3 of them are within range of gold (1500) for solos (ones got like 1400 rating, maybe Scoob hit 1500), there are 6 total with 1500+ ratings, currently, highest is 1578. There are 15 sins with 100+ wins, 11 have 1400+ ratings, there are 19 with 1500+ ratings, highest rated is 1710, with a 1706 on his tail. (I mean even tho we know the 1710 qsyncs, he streams it and wintrades but owo bioware won't ban him because why would they, pve is more profitable.) See something? Sins are beyond easy to play, and are brainlessly OP in 6.0 because they can and do hard counter pretty much every class.

It's rigged and nor do I have the effort to put into this game just so I can get class stacked. If I go against a same skill sin, I'm basically screwed because there's no realistic way to beat them when they can stealth out twice, switch tacts, heal to full health, while putting out some of the highest burst damage, while having 3 stuns, a root, and a slow, a speed boost, and a gap closer. Like unless they're brain-dead, a sin should be winning all 1v1s unless it's against an Op. Also not to mention that the main dps they put out is unmitigatable in the first place because it's done while the target is stunned, and only 4 dcds can be popped while stunned, ED, Rebuke, Merc reflect, and sorc bubble. And rebuke is the only dcd that is worth using at the start of the fight. Any non-brainlet solo squad would open on any non-stealth class, then switch to a sniper once entrench wears off. It's a dumb gamemode now that has no fun unless you reroll as a sin or op or by happen stance get a classic mix of 1T 1H or 2DPS, which can actually be fun.

See, I wish that solos wouldn't pop unless the classic mix was in queue but bioware has butchered the gamemode over so much that there's like no population, so rarely are there anything but sins and ops in queue who beg for "dps Q solos"

So, yeah that's why there are like no snipers in ranked right now. Lack of balance, and an unwillingness to be globalized in this stealth meta.