How do you gear

Ottoattack

Its quick to get to horribly unoptimized non moddable 306 gear with no set bonuses. It is not quick to rely on rng for low drop rate set pieces and its even slower farming tech frags to buy an empty shell set piece. Its also stupid expensive. Why do I need credits to get the optimized gear?

You know how it was back in the day? Run OP, kill boss with guaranteed drop, roll on token, go to vendor and choose which piece I want from said token. It was billion times better than the current system of just spamming FP's till my eyes bleed. It also makes pvp unbearable given that pvp gear is gone.

'Back in the day' was a much slower process. I've been here since launch, so you're preaching to the choir. Run an Op and a token piece drops and depending on the size of the Op, you had a very slim chance of getting that token, and if you don't, you have to run it all over again. Regarding the Frags, you can accumulate a plethora of them once you understand how to obtain them and that's including the Treasure Hunting skill, which your companions will bring back gear that can be deconstructed. The credit issue I will agree with, I think it's a little steep for people that aren't rolling in the credits, but one million in this game is pretty easy to get.

Because you are doing it the wrong way... and blame the game instead of informing yourself about what to do and how to do it.

A lot of PVP-ers were already full 306 in the first days after Onslaught launched.

There is no "right" way outside of spamming FP's because the gear drops are completely random. And being full 306 is not the same as being optmized. You still have to go through the rng/tech grind to get your set bonus which is overly expensive.

'Back in the day' was a much slower process. I've been here since launch, so you're preaching to the choir. Run an Op and a token piece drops and depending on the size of the Op, you had a very slim chance of getting that token, and if you don't, you have to run it all over again. Regarding the Frags, you can accumulate a plethora of them once you understand how to obtain them and that's including the Treasure Hunting skill, which your companions will bring back gear that can be deconstructed. The credit issue I will agree with, I think it's a little steep for people that aren't rolling in the credits, but one million in this game is pretty easy to get.

That's why you run with a guild, but even if you're pugging it, AT MOST you run the op less than a handful of times and you KNOW the piece drops ever time. You're not running a FP's 100 times and hope you get the set piece you need while mindlessly grinding tech frags.

This system is trash.

Edited by Raansu