Decrease difficulty

Lyonelus

Hello. Is there any way how to decrease difficulty? I do not know what happend, but now, heroic missions are nearly unplayable solo. Everytime, it take me about hour to complete heroic mission, include many deaths and it is frustrating. Doing now Lights Out on Belsavis and I was seventh times killed and play it 40 minutes, but I hope I will be able to complete it.

Please, help. Is there any option or setting to decrease difficulty?

No, there's no setting I now that can lower the level of a heroic. However, I do recommend the following:

1. Your gear: Make sure that it is at or near your current level. If Make sure your armoring, mods, and enhancements fit your current set up. Example, if you're a tank, all should benefit a tank build. Same thing for dps. I recommend a minimum of blue level gear. This includes ear, implants, and relics.

2. Companion: Make sure that your companion is leveled sufficiently. If you're level 40, your companion should be at or near half of what your level is. If you're level 45, 25 to 30 should be your comp's level.

3. Finally, make sure you've chosen you talent specialty and abilities. You'd be surprised how many do not do this either by choice, forget, or don't even know this. Choose your toon's talent: tank, DPS, or heals as required by the class. Then go through and choose the abilities (press K) that best help your toon's talent.

If you've not done any of this, do so and it will make doing heroics far more pleasurable and rewarding, with less frustration. Keeping up with these as you level, specially if you're not over leveled, will make playing "easier" in the end.

No, there's no setting I now that can lower the level of a heroic. However, I do recommend the following:

1. Your gear: Make sure that it is at or near your current level. If Make sure your armoring, mods, and enhancements fit your current set up. Example, if you're a tank, all should benefit a tank build. Same thing for dps. I recommend a minimum of blue level gear. This includes ear, implants, and relics.

2. Companion: Make sure that your companion is leveled sufficiently. If you're level 40, your companion should be at or near half of what your level is. If you're level 45, 25 to 30 should be your comp's level.

3. Finally, make sure you've chosen you talent specialty and abilities. You'd be surprised how many do not do this either by choice, forget, or don't even know this. Choose your toon's talent: tank, DPS, or heals as required by the class. Then go through and choose the abilities (press K) that best help your toon's talent.

If you've not done any of this, do so and it will make doing heroics far more pleasurable and rewarding, with less frustration. Keeping up with these as you level, specially if you're not over leveled, will make playing "easier" in the end.

Thank you very much for tips. I am 75 (now on Belsavis capped on 45) and I have Jaesa as companion (she is 17). Which of that levels count - 75 or 45?

With a companion and decent gear for your level all heroic missions should be pretty easy really.

Have you maybe changed out some of your gear or are using a companion which has less influence and so is less effective?

Jaesa, 17 level. About armor, have modification from rating 230-270.

The 45 is the one the game registers, though having more powerful equipment still boosts your stats. Personally, I'd recommend giving Jaesa some gifts or running some lower level Heroic +2s or Flashpoints with her (ones from after she joins you, so that she reacts to the conversations) to build up your Influence with her a bit more, just on first thought.

Additional questions; what role are you running Jaesa in, tank, healer or damage?

Also, if you have credits, and some dark projects, you can get the companion boost, that will automatically boost her to 50, think it's just over 4 million, and 2, or 3 Dark projects. But this comes from the conquest droid, so you have to have completed conquest at least once.

Hello. Is there any way how to decrease difficulty? I do not know what happend, but now, heroic missions are nearly unplayable solo. Everytime, it take me about hour to complete heroic mission, include many deaths and it is frustrating. Doing now Lights Out on Belsavis and I was seventh times killed and play it 40 minutes, but I hope I will be able to complete it.

What skill class are you? Plus what are mods on your gear are you using. I hate to be this way but, I have seen Tanks trying to run on DPS gear and vise versa. The wrong stats will not help you. Only hinder you.

If you gear up the difficulty is about as hard as it was in 5.9.

Look at a class guide for your spec on vulkk.com .Google it.

Once you do those things, you should be able to solo all heroics in the game.

Edited by Nemmar

This^^

The game now requires a little bit of effort to make sure you are geared correctly, spec’d correctly and your companions are at a reasonable lvl.

These are all reasonable requirements and were in the game to start with, but later removed to dumb down the game.

The only other advice is to pick the right companion as not all are equal in certain situations. Ie, a ranged comp healer is usually better than a melee healer.

If all else fails, then form a group because heroics were originally designed as two man or four man. That’s why they have that designation ;)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Thank you very much for tips. I am 75 (now on Belsavis capped on 45) and I have Jaesa as companion (she is 17). Which of that levels count - 75 or 45?

The thing that stands out to me is your are using Jaesa. If she is healing, that will make it harder because she will be attacking/standing right next to the mobs. So use a different comp that can range heal you.

If you gear up the difficulty is about as hard as it was in 5.9.

Look at a class guide for your spec on vulkk.com .Google it.

Once you do those things, you should be able to solo all heroics in the game.

Maybe 99% of them at least. The 4 man on Ossus is pretty hard for most players to do solo.

It's an MMO and the missions says (HEROIC+2) in front of it, so maybe take that as a clue you need to group with someone? Or take a stab at min-maxing on every planet to finish all the quests within a few hours like a chump.

Maybe 99% of them at least. The 4 man on Ossus is pretty hard for most players to do solo.

The heroic 4's on Ossus are tough, but can be done with clever abuse of the zone exit or dying a couple of times. Just make sure to make progress every time. But, yes, very challenging for most. Better get a group in those cases.

Edited by Nemmar

The vast majority of heroics are still very easy to solo. Are we really suggesting that it's a problem that a small handful of them are not? Are we going to request that heroics intended to be played with 4 players should be soloable by inexperienced players with influence 1 Treek*.

* Treek was once a superstar, now she is sadly about the worst sidekick in the game.

The only other advice is to pick the right companion as not all are equal in certain situations. Ie, a ranged comp healer is usually better than a melee healer.

What companion you (OP) use can depend upon a few factors, which are all optional and mainly personal preference.

My general approach for most solo content is to use whichever companion I feel like at the time.

But for more serious content my general approach is that for a ranged class (such as Gunslinger) I mostly use a melee healer companion such as Bowdaar or Lana. Since they're melee they tend to somewhat "tank" the enemies while healing.

For melee classes, like Guardian, I tend to use ranged healers. Partly just so that not both of us will get stuck in the same "stupid" .

But in addition to this, I sometimes choose the companion based upon the attacks used by the enemy. If the enemy is using ranged and ranged AoE attacks, I use a melee healer. If the enemy uses lots of melee attacks and AoE, a ranged healer is usually better.

So bottom line - most of the time use whatever companion floats your speeder. But, in general, try to have 2 level 50 companions - 1 ranged, 1 melee - to use as the situation warrants.

Edited by JediQuaker

Jaesa, 17 level. About armor, have modification from rating 230-270.

I like that everything is harder now (though eternal championship went a little too far) since change things in patch 6.0. Everything is harder and there is a real risk of death. As others have suggested:

Gear: even as a soloer you do need to make sure your gear is the best you can get for your level after 6.0. Previously you could just clear everything in the equivalent of your underwear; not any more. Make sure you upgrade as and when you can afford to.

Companion: Use a ranged companion for healing & get your companion to at least 20 influence (I always use a 50 influence companion when running anything solo regardless of class). Switch Jaesa out for Quinn; you may hate him but Quinn is an excellent healer (unless/until you have Z0-OM who I hate but levelled to 50 influence on many alts because her healing is superb even after the nerf). Remember companion healing was changed in 6.0 so don't expect to be able to blast through everything and be saved by your companion like you could before. I used to use my companions on either tank or dps but since 6.0 I've found for almost everything I need a healing companion. Jaesa is melee and melee companions have, in my experience, been far worse at healing (I'm looking at you Darth Malgus no heals :p)

Self survival: make use of amplifiers - there are a lot of amps that can help you survive (but only if you can afford it - they are cheaper to re-roll for the lower your gear is). En Garde, Aural Resistance, Force Protection all help. If you need to boost your companion, "Presence" helps or get "Influence" to increase the amount a gift yields. Make sure you have the highest med pacs you can afford or make. Use a stim to increase your stats. Review your utilities and maybe pick some the ones that help your survive-ability if you haven't already. That's the nice thing about soloing; your not obligated to choose utilities because reasons; you can choose whatever helps you play through the game and survive.

Team Up: as an avid soloer myself this is like a nightmare phrase to me, however, if you don't mind it switch on general chat and you'll see there are many people wanting to team up for heroics on all planets (or the fleet). Or just request a person or people yourself. Random team ups can be quite fun as there's no pressure to be super good and people who ask are generally in the same position as you are.

Don't get discouraged (I noticed there were a couple of troll replies - ignore them).