Yay we're in the top 10

xordevoreaux

Wow... it's insulting of them to say this game has average graphics and FFXIV has beautiful graphics.

Tells me this is just a list for the heck of it and no one played the games. FFXIV is still SD. It has good design but the graphics are extremely pixalated. Compare a recent gear set from swtor to a recent one from shadowbringers and it's night from day.

Not that FF looks bad, but SWTOR doesnt get the credit it deserves.

Edited by Nemmar

Wow... it's insulting of them to say this game has average graphics and FFXIV has beautiful graphics.

Tells me this is just a list for the heck of it and no one played the games. FFXIV is still SD. It has good design but the graphics are extremely pixalated. Compare a recent gear set from swtor to a recent one from shadowbringers and it's night from day.

I don't have personal experience with all of those, but enough to say that it looks a lot more like a description of what the author(s) find(s) pretty than an objective description of graphical quality, but frankly, graphics were never swtor's selling point, and people can watch the screenshots and videos there to judge for themselves.

Comparing SWTOR graphics to FFXIV, ESO, and Neverwinter it is average. I've played all 3 of the aforementioned games (still playing ESO). Of the 3, ESO's graphics are stellar and far better. You only need to look at the characters when you pan in close or watch the voice over interaction scenes. The detail in NPC/PC models are outstanding.

You can see veins on the hands/arms, pores and hair on the extremities, and facial reactions that make the rest look plastic. Even Blade & Soul's graphics regarding characters lack that kind of detail. SWTOR's facial reactions look like plastic lines and over dramatic eyebrow raising compared to these games.

This doesn't even begin to address the environment. Both FFXIV and ESO run neck in neck in that regard. SWTOR's pales in comparison. Only B&S can share in comparison to what FFXIV and ESO offer. SWTOR's graphics are old and outdated. Their customized Alpha mode Hero engine is incapable of producing the kind of graphics that FFXIV, ESO, Neverwinter, or Blade & Soul can.

What sets SWTOR apart from the others, except Blade & Soul, is its story line missions (Ch 1 through 3). The latter, except Blade & Soul, lag a bit behind. Blade & Soul walks away from them all with its story line.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre