Guild issue

chimera_hodges

So a long time ago I put a good online friend in charge of my guild when my sub ran out now they have been offline for months and I wanna do some things with the guild only a gm can do now I re subbed and it's been over thirty days yet the game hasn't passed the torch if you will so how do I become gm of my guild again at this point?

Might want to check who has been promoted to guild leader. If your friend was guild leader and has been gone for months, then the possibility is the game promoted someone else to be guild leader if that person has been logging in and playing. You would then need to ask the person if she/he would be kind enough to give the leadership back to you. Now the person doesn't have to if they decide not to and there isn't really anything customer service can do in that situation but you might be lucky and the person will do that. Edited by casirabit

Might want to check who has been promoted to guild leader. If your friend was guild leader and has been gone for months, then the possibility is the game promoted someone else to be guild leader if that person has been logging in and playing. You would then need to ask the person if she/he would be kind enough to give the leadership back to you. Now the person doesn't have to if they decide not to and there isn't really anything customer service can do in that situation but you might be lucky and the person will do that.

Also, remember to ask nicely, if you demand it back, they might dig their heels in and say no.

Clarification: SWTOR has mechanisms to prevent guilds from dying of Absent Leader Syndrome:

* If the leader *character* stays logged off for a period of 28 days, the leadership will be handed down the ranks to the next-highest "active" character, subject to some restrictions about subscriber guilds(1).

* "Active" means "has logged in at least once in the last 28 days".

* The activity is *per*character*, not *per*account*. If the leader character's player logs in on a different character, that doesn't count for the leader character's activity status.

* Inactive characters are ignored in all parts of this process.

(1) The game tries to select a subscribed account as the new leader. If the top rank below leader is occupied only by non-subscribers, the new-leader process will search in the ranks below for an active subscriber. If there is no active subscriber character, *then* the game will switch to a non-subscriber character and the guild will become a free-to-play guild with the attendant restrictions (notably no access to credits in the guild bank).

If there are no active characters at all in the guild, the guild itself is considered inactive, and at some point, most likely either immediately or 28 days later, the guild's name will be unlocked, and other guilds can claim it at creation or rename.