Is doing Veterans Mode for Eternal Throne no longer possible?

Memoti

I tried taking my Sorc through veterans' mode in Eternal Throne today just for grins & giggles & got smoked by the first mob off the shuttle. My gear lvl is 275. Since they stuck me with Acina for a companion, I did lvl her up to 22 and set her on heals and still couldn't past the first mob. I've run through vet mode before 6.0 and never had these issues.

Are we no longer meant to do veterans or masters on the KotET or KotFE?

With 6.0 came major nerfs to your character's health and damage (based on the level syncing of the content) along with a very large nerf to companion healing abilities. There was also a substantial change to how critical chance and alacrity bonus is calculated (it takes much higher levels of both to achieve the same effect you had pre 6.0). I believe the KoTET content is also now level synced so you lost all of the bonuses you had for your gear that are above the current synced level. At lvl 75 you also lose the benefit of your set bonuses from previous BIS gear.

Most of the KoTFE and KoTET content is much harder now (some of it is even nearly impossible - particularly if you are playing a dps spec) and there is no way to out-gear it due to level sync. You will need to play around with the new set bonuses and amplifiers to find something that approximates what you had damage/health/healing wise prior to 6.0.

Thank you for the reply. Makes sense as to why I couldn't do it. I had noticed that even on heroic 2's dailies I had more trouble than I had, even with a lvl 50 companion, but chalked it up to L2P the new changes issues and moved on. Evidently it wasn't (completely) that.

To the Devs: Since you've nerfed the players/companions to the point that most of the content outside of the story mode is either unplayable, or unenjoyable, why not just pull it out? I enjoy a challenge, but when I go into older content, with upgraded gear and a level 50 companion, getting my....lightsaber....handed to me over and over by a lower lvl random BS mob(s) is not enjoyable. In fact it pisses me off to the point I just don't want to play at all. Thank you for reading my rant.

/rant off

Thank you for the reply. Makes sense as to why I couldn't do it. I had noticed that even on heroic 2's dailies I had more trouble than I had, even with a lvl 50 companion, but chalked it up to L2P the new changes issues and moved on. Evidently it wasn't (completely) that.

To the Devs: Since you've nerfed the players/companions to the point that most of the content outside of the story mode is either unplayable, or unenjoyable, why not just pull it out? I enjoy a challenge, but when I go into older content, with upgraded gear and a level 50 companion, getting my....lightsaber....handed to me over and over by a lower lvl random BS mob(s) is not enjoyable. In fact it pisses me off to the point I just don't want to play at all. Thank you for reading my rant.

/rant off

I don't mean to necro the thread but I do feel you. I wanted to do KotEt Master but now with level sync it's nearly hard/impossible to do without relying on luck. Rip getting those achievements.