You gotta be kidding me.

juicypalpy

Hey all, so I was playing with my merc going through the first chapter of KOTET. Of course, the game froze up, because that's what it likes to do. So I literally reinstalled the game last night, and going through the second chapter, the game once again decides to magically freeze up while I'm on Odessen. Any ideas? I really don't want to have to reinstall again.

Of course, the game froze up, because that's what it likes to do.

Sorry, I've never seen it freeze up. Ever. I had *one* blue screen, but that was a weird interaction with Windows 10 and NVidia drivers, and only if the "grass" slider was not zero.

If you're seeing it freeze up a lot, that suggests, as JediQuaker said, that your machine may be overheating or there may be a driver incompatibility or something.

Or your PC is below the (updated) minimum system requirements. The most likely candidate there is the amount of RAM on the graphics card.

Sorry, I've never seen it freeze up. Ever. I had *one* blue screen, but that was a weird interaction with Windows 10 and NVidia drivers, and only if the "grass" slider was not zero.

If you're seeing it freeze up a lot, that suggests, as JediQuaker said, that your machine may be overheating or there may be a driver incompatibility or something.

Or your PC is below the (updated) minimum system requirements. The most likely candidate there is the amount of RAM on the graphics card.

When I was playing on a PoS laptop I would have it freeze up but since I got a gaming rig years ago it doesnt. Might be OP is trying to play on high graphics then the computer can handle

Sometime during November and December, I noticed my video card temps were much higher and my system fans were running at a higher rate. I play another MMORPG and lost my display in the middle of healing a raid. I went to check the HDMI cable and before I got to it, I could feel the heat coming off my case. I was running with an open case with a fan blowing into it for a while. After I updated to the 441.87 drivers, the issue went away. I'm running a GTX 1070. A friend with a 1060 had the same experience. Might be your issue, might not. Power supply is another potential item to look at. Edited by Kambriel