Me Sa Outa here

Amei

I am a founder. was gone do for 2 years due to the same issues.

I started a new toon to get back into the swing of things. I can not draw armor from collections.

So my new toon can not fight with out light armor. 2 hits and Im dead. Still wearing Tyhon noob stuff, with a few pieces from the market. I was going to use the fighter armor, But have a thing about orange jump suits.

I sent in tickets two years ago, no answer. I sent in tickets last week this week, no answer.

I have problems in game and with my account.

I quit using these forums and support two years ago because every time I want to sign in, I get the one time code needed. So if i sign in a few times a day, I get a one time code EVERY sticking time.

I told them to code this 2 years ago so peeps could opt out of the security code nightmare.

I have a NAT between Me and the outside world. I guess the Devs never thought that folks would have their on security and made it so you can not opt out.

BTW don't bother to reply to this. I am not going to sign in on a one time code ever again.

I opted out of my sub today. Done with one time codes

Edited by Amei
not done ranting

I started a new toon to get back into the swing of things. I can not draw armor from collections.

So my new toon can not fight with out light armor. 2 hits and Im dead. Still wearing Tyhon noob stuff, with a few pieces from the market. I was going to use the fighter armor, But have a thing about orange jump suits.

You are doing something wrong. As you played round Tython, you should have had MK-1 and MK-2 gear pieces as mission rewards, nothing special, but better than your starter gear. You can also spend credits at the gear vendors *on* Tython and on the Fleet. And of course you get gear dropping from enemies all over Tython.

I sent in tickets two years ago, no answer. I sent in tickets last week this week, no answer.

Two *years* ago? Not sure why you mentioned this. For the tickets you sent this (or last, not clear which) week, don't forget that we are just exiting from the holiday season, so ticket backlogs will be more than usual.

I quit using these forums and support two years ago because every time I want to sign in, I get the one time code needed. So if i sign in a few times a day, I get a one time code EVERY sticking time.

I told them to code this 2 years ago so peeps could opt out of the security code nightmare.

Get a security key. These days it's an app for your smartphone or e.g. WinAuth for your PC. Once you attach that to your account, you'll never have to deal with the one-time (really meaning single-use) passwords again. That has been around *ever*since*the*game*was*launched*. You know, eight years ago.

Oh, and you get an extra 100 CCs a month on your account once you do it.

I have a NAT between Me and the outside world. I guess the Devs never thought that folks would have their on security and made it so you can not opt out.

You have a NAT between you and the outside world!?! What, just like everyone else on today's Internet?

The single-use password thing is to make it harder for attackers to log in as you from other locations if they work out your account name and password somehow. All the NAT in the world at your location won't make any difference to that.

One last point here. NAT is almost entirely unrelated to security, except in a very narrow sense - attackers cannot connect into your network directly, because there's no way to map their attack on your public IP address to an actual private IP address in your network. Other than that, NAT has no security value *at*all*.(1)

BTW don't bother to reply to this. I am not going to sign in on a one time code ever again.

Suit yourself.

(1) Knowing about network security issues is part of my job. My company makes, among other things, stateful inspection firewalls that can actively shut down network-based attacks *as*they*happen*. Some of the code that does that is stuff *I* wrote, thanks.

. I can not draw armor from collections.

You do realize that you can wear green gear from fleet throughout your entire class story and never die, right?

You can buy a full set of gear from the adaptive armor vendor on fleet, any class, except for weapons and off-hands, wear it. Wear robes on a gunslinger if you want.

Quit if you want, but it sounds like you've done zero to help yourself to the many alternatives to pulling empty armor shells from collections, so that's totally on you.

Edited by xordevoreaux

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus... getting an authenticator on your phone is so difficult.

Checking the vendors on every planet and fleet is so hard.

People like to complain but cant be bothered to move a finger to solve their problems.

It's literally harder to get an item off your collection than it is talking to vendors. Please, by all means quit if you want. I think this game is too complex for you.

Edited by Nemmar

I am a founder. was gone do for 2 years due to the same issues.

The misunderstanding is strong in the OP. In case new players find this, I post a bit of clarification.

Light armor? Is this even a thing anymore? Adaptive gear has been introduced to this game many years ago.

Having outdated armor pieces? Everything drops gear these days. Just put it on. The game indicates for you with a golden blinking character button in the top menu that you have better gear in your inventory. In the inventory, a better gear piece has an arrow on it to tell you to put it on. Just right-click on it. Done. Armor upgraded.

Gearing for the looks? That's what the outfit designer is for. Looks and gear are two different things for several years.

Coloured armor: Orange dyes can be bought for cheap credits from the market. Make everything you want orange.

Armor from collections: First you have to buy the armor from the cartel market, then you have to put it on (all pieces), then you buy the unlock for it for your account, then you can pull it from your collections on all your characters for free, even new characters.

Don't bother replying: You can read the replies even without being logged in.

I'm sorry that the OP left. At least the issues in-game could have been solved without much hassle imho.

Bonus hint to all new players (as well as founders and everyone else): There are in-game tutorials. They are short, but quite helpful. You can read them at any time, no matter where in the galaxy you are.

Light armor? Is this even a thing anymore? Adaptive gear has been introduced to this game many years ago.

There is still fixed-weight armour around. At least some class-locked armour types are fixed-weight, and people with old pre-4.0 (fixed-weight) armour schematics can still craft them (except the old double-RE purples). I believe I've even seen dumb-grunt mobs drop fixed-weight armour *since*4.0*.

There is still fixed-weight armour around. At least some class-locked armour types are fixed-weight, and people with old pre-4.0 (fixed-weight) armour schematics can still craft them (except the old double-RE purples). I believe I've even seen dumb-grunt mobs drop fixed-weight armour *since*4.0*.

Yeah I recently started a new consular, and got a few drops that were medium or heavy, intended for a jk.

The one time codes are annoying I agree. The security key is just as annoying as in affect means the same thing except no slight waiting delay time for the code to come though. However as quite rightly pointed out the one time code or key has a reason for being there. At least with the key you get as also mentioned the free 100 cartel coins per month.

As for gear from collections that you cannot get , Ok..... lets start with the simple question first (that's if you change your mind and do look at the thread again OP) Have you unlocked the gear account-wide or just on a different character? Only accountwide unlocked gear can be retrieved by a different character. Yes that does mean paying again.

You mention you have an issue with your account? You may need to give more info than that, which I am sure you can do without giving any personal info away. So what is the issue?

Get a security key. These days it's an app for your smartphone or e.g. WinAuth for your PC. Once you attach that to your account, you'll never have to deal with the one-time (really meaning single-use) passwords again. That has been around *ever*since*the*game*was*launched*. You know, eight years ago.

It's interesting, in a way, that people suggest getting a security key when people complain about OTPs. I mean, so instead of having to occasionally enter a second "one time password", you suggest having to enter a second password every time. 🙂

It's interesting, in a way, that people suggest getting a security key when people complain about OTPs. I mean, so instead of having to occasionally enter a second "one time password", you suggest having to enter a second password every time. 🙂

I get it down with the Man telling you how to play.... I finally gave in and got the phone key. So I now enter my user name my password and my random pass from my phone. it logs in every time and I never need to check my email for that ridiculously slow email. Fight the power!