Purchased CM companion Question

TrixxieTriss

I decided to purchase a CM companion droid to add as a crafter Comp for when characters lose their crew members.

But I’ve discovered this character doesn’t appear in my crafting window.

Is this by design or a bug? Seems pretty bad if it’s by design and I’ve found nothing on the CM or description that says it can’t be used for crafting.

But I’ve discovered this character doesn’t appear in my crafting window.

That's not news. They have been like that ever since they first arrived on the scene. Er, in 2015. (First availability: the various packs in the "Alliance" series.)

Read https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Akk-Dog-companion-unable-to-craft/td-p/4893023 where there is a link to the livestream where this was first mentioned.

That's not news. They have been like that ever since they first arrived on the scene. Er, in 2015. (First availability: the various packs in the "Alliance" series.)

Read https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Akk-Dog-companion-unable-to-craft/td-p/4893023 where there is a link to the livestream where this was first mentioned.

It would be nice if it actually stated that in the description on the CM before you buy them. Typical Bioware... 🙄

I'd have to agree that it's kind of crappy to not mention that the CM companions can't craft in their descriptions. You should at least be able to get a refund (but probably can't).

But, so many fish, so little time to fry. 😏

I know I’m more likely to win lotto than get an answer or a refund. So I’ll just chalk this up to another bad swtor experience and make sure I ask more questions on the forums before buying anything on the CM from now on.

It’s a shame really because I was going to start collecting the different comps to use for crafting. I guess Bioware don’t want my money ;)

They cannot craft but some of them are good as dps companions, at least my Rank 50 nexu is. She does better than some of my companions. She will gather when I have her out with my smuggler.

IF the nexxu is rank 50 and IF the other companion is another CM comp, then maybe.

OR

IF the other comp has a low influence level, maybe.

Otherwise, a few minutes collecting data of similar rank companions will show CM comps produce significantly less output (healing or damage).

Anyways - I'm posting this because I get sick of all the 'I have one at rank 50 and it works' in response to issues brought up with CM comps.

Players should KNOW before purchase that a CM comp cannot craft, has no story, and performs worse than regular companions at the same influence rank - and then decide if they want to purchase one.

Of course that doesn't mean they are not adequate in most content, especially when ranked up in influence, just that I don't beleive players are buying them to be adequate - they expect them to perform at least as well as normal comps.

Edited by DawnAskham

IF the nexxu is rank 50 and IF the other companion is another CM comp, then maybe.

OR

IF the other comp has a low influence level, maybe.

Otherwise, a few minutes collecting data of similar rank companions will show CM comps produce significantly less output (healing or damage).

Anyways - I'm posting this because I get sick of all the 'I have one at rank 50 and it works' in response to issues brought up with CM comps.

Players should KNOW before purchase that a CM comp cannot craft, has no story, and performs worse than regular companions at the same influence rank - and then decide if they want to purchase one.

Of course that doesn't mean they are not adequate in most content, especially when ranked up in influence, just that I don't beleive players are buying them to be adequate - they expect them to perform at least as well as normal comps.

If you noticed I said at least mine was. I didn't say anything about all of them. My nexu is doing better than even Corso who is the same rank. Corso for some reason lately is dying quicker than my nexu. I used to use Corso more but the last month he dies faster than my Nexu on the heroics on Tattoine and Voss than my nexu so I switched to my Nexu.

If you noticed I said at least mine was. I didn't say anything about all of them. My nexu is doing better than even Corso who is the same rank. Corso for some reason lately is dying quicker than my nexu. I used to use Corso more but the last month he dies faster than my Nexu on the heroics on Tattoine and Voss than my nexu so I switched to my Nexu.

Something interesting my wife and I have discovered about a couple of our companions, both class and ones collected through game play, is they aren’t always as good on other characters.

Bear with me for a moment to explain. Since 6.0 launched, my wife and I have run about 200+ Red Reaper flash points and many others too in both veteran and master mode.

Our go to companions are Shae, Z00M, Treek, Hexid. All are lvl 50.

We have multiple characters of the same classes to compare too.

What we’ve discovered is depending on the character, sometimes a companion works better than on another.

An Example :

Sorc 1 uses Shae and is great, but Sorc 2 uses Shae and she is sub par.

At first I thought it might just be the classes and I was sceptical, so I made sure it was like for like. That we had the same class mix when we did the flash points and that we ran them 5 times in a row to confirm.

We have been tracking which one of our comps on each Alt works best. And from our experience, comps of the same type can vary in competence.

So maybe the same goes for your Nexu. You just happened to get one that was good.

Edit: something Im trying to confirm is wether lvling the comps with Dark Projects vs normal gifts makes a difference. The reason is it “seems” the ones lvl’d with dark projects are the ones that aren’t as good.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Something interesting my wife and I have discovered about a couple of our companions, both class and ones collected through game play, is they aren’t always as good on other characters.

Bear with me for a moment to explain. Since 6.0 launched, my wife and I have run about 200+ Red Reaper flash points and many others too in both veteran and master mode.

Our go to companions are Shae, Z00M, Treek, Hexid. All are lvl 50.

We have multiple characters of the same classes to compare too.

What we’ve discovered is depending on the character, sometimes a companion works better than on another.

An Example :

Sorc 1 uses Shae and is great, but Sorc 2 uses Shae and she is sub par.

At first I thought it might just be the classes and I was sceptical, so I made sure it was like for like. That we had the same class mix when we did the flash points and that we ran them 5 times in a row to confirm.

We have been tracking which one of our comps on each Alt works best. And from our experience, comps of the same type can vary in competence.

So maybe the same goes for your Nexu. You just happened to get one that was good.

Edit: something Im trying to confirm is wether lvling the comps with Dark Projects vs normal gifts makes a difference. The reason is it “seems” the ones lvl’d with dark projects are the ones that aren’t as good.

Might be as my boyfriend got me the nexu when they first came out long before all the other CM companions.