BH Arsenal tactical question PVP/PVE

Deadpoole

"Burning Bright" used to stack 8 times...now its only 4....big difference (IMO) although probably selfish on my part seeing an 80k shot being brought down to a 40k one. So I asked again, are players still sticking with this tactical or maybe going with the other I mentioned (Primed Ignition).

It used to take 8 stacks to get to a 100% increase on Mercenary

It always did stack 4 times to get a 100% increase on Commando

Then it was changed to always work like the Commando one.

That was a buff or at least a bug fix that benefited Mercenaries.

Edited by Gyronamics

It used to take 8 stacks to get to a 100% increase on Mercenary

It always did stack 4 times to get a 100% increase on Commando

Then it was changed to always work like the Commando one.

That was a buff or at least a bug fix that benefited Mercenaries.

Didn't know about the Commando/4 stack...wow... anyways, I'm assuming you're either playing a Merc or one of your alts....would you still believe this tactical (BB) is better than (PI) as an arsenal merc?

If you're playing arsenal you want all 3 basic tacticals and maybe for pvp reasons you want the knockback one and health one too.

Burning Bright lets you swap targets easily like a regular arsenal merc with with more damage on the Priming Shot. This is the safest one to take for PVP, more damage more burst almost no penalty. The only thing you need to remember is to charge to 4 stacks before using Priming Shot.

Primed Ignition gives you almost nothing if you lose your target, you get all the benefit by sticking to one target for a long time or swapping only rarely. This one gives the best damage but you must understand you only get the damage by sticking on the same target for ages. If you can't then it's a waste of time.

Then there's the aoe one which is obviously good for tightly packed targets (not actually that great in pvp), knockback one is funny as hell in huttball and therefore worth and then theres the life one which you put on if you feel like solo objective guarding or something where your damage is secondary to not dying.

I carry all of those and as long as I get a moment out of combat to set up before an obvious fight I can wear the most suitable one.

There's a whole bunch of super situational ones for pvp. If you're a ball carrier it would be amazing to have a speed boost and CD on hydraulics every time you use knockback but that would mean playing the entire game with it equipped. Maybe if you're in a premade.

Edited by Gyronamics

If you're playing arsenal you want all 3 basic tacticals and maybe for pvp reasons you want the knockback one and health one too.

Burning Bright lets you swap targets easily like a regular arsenal merc with with more damage on the Priming Shot. This is the safest one to take for PVP, more damage more burst almost no penalty. The only thing you need to remember is to charge to 4 stacks before using Priming Shot.

Primed Ignition gives you almost nothing if you lose your target, you get all the benefit by sticking to one target for a long time or swapping only rarely. This one gives the best damage but you must understand you only get the damage by sticking on the same target for ages. If you can't then it's a waste of time.

Then there's the aoe one which is obviously good for tightly packed targets (not actually that great in pvp), knockback one is funny as hell in huttball and therefore worth and then theres the life one which you put on if you feel like solo objective guarding or something where your damage is secondary to not dying.

I carry all of those and as long as I get a moment out of combat to set up before an obvious fight I can wear the most suitable one.

There's a whole bunch of super situational ones for pvp. If you're a ball carrier it would be amazing to have a speed boost and CD on hydraulics every time you use knockback but that would mean playing the entire game with it equipped. Maybe if you're in a premade.

Thanks for the feedback.

I like playing with "Primed Ignition" so far. I find I'm able to get more damage value out of it. Usually 2 BB, 1 HSM, and a few TM all procing from a single PS. The down side of it is that it breaks your Concussion Missile mez so you can't spam heals to gain an advantage or get away.

I also don't like that both Burning Bright and Primed Ignition are reliant on your Priming Shot hitting which doesn't always happen which leaves you with a dead Tactical until the cooldown is done.

I'm anxious to try the AOE HSM and Rocket Out root once I can afford them.

Wasn't Merc supposed to get a Rail Shot splash Tactical? That would be interesting to try as well.