Are Cartel Market items recycled?

SoyChulo

I played for a few years at launch. I've got banks of items stashed from when I left almost five years ago. Have CM items been re-released over time or when they stopped selling certain items was it for good?

They come and go, although the old "pre-modded" items seem to be reluctant to come back.

Thanks for replying. What is "pre-modded"?

What JediQuaker said. There was a bunch of chest pieces and a few full sets that came with modifications pre-installed and a minimum level requirement above 1 (usually 31 or 43). Those ones seem to be thin on the ground in the CM, although they do drop from the Ultimate CM pack. (Er, I had one yesterday.)

What JediQuaker said. There was a bunch of chest pieces and a few full sets that came with modifications pre-installed and a minimum level requirement above 1 (usually 31 or 43). Those ones seem to be thin on the ground in the CM, although they do drop from the Ultimate CM pack. (Er, I had one yesterday.)
Ooooh, wow. So there's still a chance for me to get another Dire Warmaster's Body Armor? Nice.

If there are particular past CM items you want, I wouldn't wait for them to come back into the market. I also wouldn't try to get it by buying the current CM pack - there's just too many other items that you could get.

If, on the other hand, you have a bunch of un-bound items from older CM packs (or from the CM directly) you can probably sell them on the GTN for boatloads of credits.

By selling stuff on the GTN you might get enough credits to buy the stuff you want, if it's available.

P.s. Check if the Dire Warmaster body armor can be unlocked in collections. (but I don't think so.)

Edited by JediQuaker

I'm not particularly vested in getting another DIre Warmaster Body Armor, just (slightly) intrigured by the idea that I could get another one some day.

I barely managed to get the one I have before they were removed from the CM. And then I kept it around for a while after that, because the character I wanted it for wasn't high enough level to use it yet. It definitely cannot be unlocked in Collections.

I'm certainly not going to buy Cartel Packs thinking I'll get another. Though I do buy packs from time to time, just to see what random stuff I get, so, maybe I'll get one, and maybe I won't. I have gotten one or two "platinum" rarity items from packs, over the years, soo ... It could happen. :rolleyes:

Edited by Adric_the_Red

I'm not particularly vested in getting another DIre Warmaster Body Armor, just (slightly) intrigured by the idea that I could get another one some day.

I was just putting a bunch of stuff on the GTN and lo and behold, one of them is a Dire Taskmaster's Robe. :)

If you want it and are on Star Forge, let me know. (I'll keep it off the GTN for now.)

I was just putting a bunch of stuff on the GTN and lo and behold, one of them is a Dire Taskmaster's Robe. :)

If you want it and are on Star Forge, let me know. (I'll keep it off the GTN for now.)

Thanks for the offer.

Dire Taskmaster's Robe is not quite the same as the Dire Warmaster's Body Armor. I'm not fond of the "wings" on the shoulders of the former, which also lacks the cape of the latter. And I don't know how accurate those pages are, but apparently both items can be purchased from one of the vendors in the Cartel Bazaar on Fleet.

So go ahead and put that "robe" on the GTN.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Thanks for the offer.

Dire Taskmaster's Robe is not quite the same as the Dire Warmaster's Body Armor. I'm not fond of the "wings" on the shoulders of the former, which also lacks the cape of the latter. And I don't know how accurate those pages are, but apparently both items can be purchased from one of the vendors in the Cartel Bazaar on Fleet.

Read the comments in the Dire Warmaster page. That vendor disappeared with 4.0. (Confirmed: not available from any of those vendors.)

Read the comments in the Dire Warmaster page. That vendor disappeared with 4.0. (Confirmed: not available from any of those vendors.)
Yeah, I logged in after I posted and checked on that, and sure enough, that vendor's gone. No biggie. I actually did get a couple of those old, pre-modded pieces in my last hypercrate. Not the Dire Warmaster's Body Armor, but other, equally "rare" (maybe) ones - Honored Master's Vestments and Wayfarer's Robe. (Both of them also "available" from the same, no-longer-in-the-game vendor). Edited by Adric_the_Red