SWTOR PVP Gear Boxes Are Broken!!!!!!1!!111

RACATW

Absolutely. The fact that I get 292, 294, 296 and 298 drops when I’m 306 is F’ing ridiculous. That doesn’t happen in any other content besides uprisings. Which also have this exact problem and needs fixing.

Pvpers already get the least amount of gear drops. Having it drop the wrong lvl gear is just rubbing salt into the wound.

The worst it should drop is 302, not 14 gear Lvls below you, aka 292 gear.

Bioware please fix this and also adjust the amount of gear that drops. I can get more gear playing every thing else, including GSF, which doesn’t require gear at all.

OTOH if you run 4 or 5 chracters to personal conquest goals every week and do a few PVE dailies between pops, you'll end up with 2-3 cargo bays full of ~306 gear of varying types and 10s of 1000s of TFs in which to buy gear.

BUT: +1 from me. Getting <306 drops when every gear piece is full 306 every moddable item is full of 306 mods, and everything is augmented is piss poor, since the system was supposed to be an upgrade or equal.

IMHO in 6.x, the gearing isn't particularly tedious. It certainly can be expensive unless you have 10s of millions of credits to burn, but it certainly isn't working the way it was promised.

Only thing for sure is that any fix will be too little and too late for the majority of players.

OTOH if you run 4 or 5 chracters to personal conquest goals every week and do a few PVE dailies between pops, you'll end up with 2-3 cargo bays full of ~306 gear of varying types and 10s of 1000s of TFs in which to buy gear.

BUT: +1 from me. Getting <306 drops when every gear piece is full 306 every moddable item is full of 306 mods, and everything is augmented is piss poor, since the system was supposed to be an upgrade or equal.

IMHO in 6.x, the gearing isn't particularly tedious. It certainly can be expensive unless you have 10s of millions of credits to burn, but it certainly isn't working the way it was promised.

Only thing for sure is that any fix will be too little and too late for the majority of players.

Yeah, I get most of mine from other content too and I’ve run out of room to store the stuff I want to keep. But if all I did was login and only pvp (like I used too), I would be mightily pissed off by now trying to gear up in pvp.

I’m having the same issue: PVP loot boxes are giving me 298 to 304 gear even though I’m already at 306. Completed two dailies on two different toons and did not get a single BiS 306 mod or enhancement. Real bummer for a player who only PVPs and contrary to the “play how you want” promise.

Do you know what perspective I've not heard yet, and also - the reason this system is perfect.

Like, does everyone recall 5.0?

Did you actually pvp in 5.0?

PvP WAS a way to grind gear, all of an expac ago - and it caused nothing but problems.

Under-geared idiots farming refined isotopes in regs and just getting farmed themselves cuz 230 gear.

Under-geared idiots farming refined isotopes in solos and just getting farmed themselves cuz 230 gear.

Like, thank god gearing through pvp isn't a thing.

You'd still be getting 230s in the queue till this day even though there's now a huge item gap from max in comparison.

This system encourages people to pvp only ONCE they have geared.

And as such, if I get someone in low gear in queue now adays its in like 280 gear which isn't as bad.

It makes pvp games more fun, to a degree - more equal.

And I mean since when has gearing ever been pvp related anyway

You grind through a PVE story to unlock the new gear for starters.

You only need to grind one 306 set, ever - then you can use tech frags.

And those low gear drops are as viable a source of tech frags as everything else.

This gearing system makes PVP better for everyone, and if you're that hardcore about PvP, you would:

1. Want to get 306 gear as soon as possible, which means - like everyone else - you're playing PvE FPs

2. Be happy that the queue has become more endgame related because competitive pvp is and always will be endgame content.

./applaud for Biowares (likely accidental) ingenuity to this regard

So you think the lower-than-306 drops from PVP boxes is ok because it avoids tourism from PVE players looking to grind? I don’t like the idea of grinding FPs for gear. I only PVP except for the main story and I only do that on one toon. Right now I am grinding PVP dailies and weeklies so I can optimize my gear on my main. Even running all three tank specs but only itemizing on one of them it’s taking forever. At some point, I’d like to play my healers and DPS but I don’t have set bonuses or even complete sets for my three tanks.

So you think the lower-than-306 drops from PVP boxes is ok because it avoids tourism from PVE players looking to grind? I don’t like the idea of grinding FPs for gear. I only PVP except for the main story and I only do that on one toon. Right now I am grinding PVP dailies and weeklies so I can optimize my gear on my main. Even running all three tank specs but only itemizing on one of them it’s taking forever. At some point, I’d like to play my healers and DPS but I don’t have set bonuses or even complete sets for my three tanks.

Yes I do think its okay, for the reasons stated in my previous post.

You don't have to grind FPs for gear, but the "optimal" way to gear is - to grind FPs.

Its not like its a big deal.

As previously stated - you only have to grind one 306 set, ever.

Then you can use tech fragments to buy class specific 306 gear and get your base sets.

Use the spoils of war vendor.

If you can't be bothered to do this - the simple fact of the matter is its laziness.

I don't pve either and I had to spend two weeks grinding my first 306 set.

Only played Hammer Station. It was boring but it needed grinded so I put the effort in and now all my pubside chars are geared, and several in sets, from the proceeds of nothing but pvp - so pvp does work fine to gear just not on the initial climb to 306.

Your problem is -

"Right now I am grinding PVP dailies and weeklies so I can optimize my gear on my main. Even running all three tank specs but only itemizing on one of them it’s taking forever."

You're gearing with the wrong method, and apparently pissing yourself off.

Stop slacking and get in the activity finder. We all had to do it.

Edited by sdom

You don't have to grind FPs for gear, but the "optimal" way to gear is - to grind FPs.

Its not like its a big deal. We all had to do it.

Sorry but I completly disagree with you. If you only want to pvp you should not have to play pve to get your gear.

Also you say you don´t want mats farmers in pvp? Well maybe I don´t want pvpers grinding flashpoints and ops for gear? (Some of them are poor group players, wrong utility points and whatnot.)

And pvp quality hasn´t improved. Less people play it. And many are frustrated.

I like flashpoints and I only occasionally played pvp in 5.x.

I had no problem gearing in 6.0 but I think I would have quit if I had to play pvp for a week straight to get geared.

And I won´t set a foot in pvp in the state it is now.

Yeah, I don’t want to play PVE to get gear for PVP. I have so little play time that I’m not going to waste it on boring pursuits. I’m here to play Huttball and PVP regs. Happy others like FPs but I know what I like for me.

If BioWare is intentionally soft peddling rewards for PVP, that’s one thing. An argument could be made that given frequency of PVP pops they can’t shower you with rewards. But I’m not sure that’s intentionally the decision. Could be a bug. And even if intentional, they could throw us a bone on weeklies.

Not sure what you mean about my being lazy. I know how what you can buy on the vendors. My beef is getting 298 to 304 gear and item parts from PVP loot boxes when I’m already 306.

Yeah, I don’t want to play PVE to get gear for PVP. I have so little play time that I’m not going to waste it on boring pursuits. I’m here to play Huttball and PVP regs. Happy others like FPs but I know what I like for me.

If BioWare is intentionally soft peddling rewards for PVP, that’s one thing. An argument could be made that given frequency of PVP pops they can’t shower you with rewards. But I’m not sure that’s intentionally the decision. Could be a bug. And even if intentional, they could throw us a bone on weeklies.

Not sure what you mean about my being lazy. I know how what you can buy on the vendors. My beef is getting 298 to 304 gear and item parts from PVP loot boxes when I’m already 306.

It’s a bug,