PSA: GTN credit delivery failed on 7 of last 10 sales (bug or exploit)

Bjond-Sain

I'm missing about 30M in sales from the GTN not sending credits in an hour. Most recent sale is ~2H old, oldest is ~17H. It's not a total failure. Of my last 10 sales, only 7 failed to deliver the credits. The ones that were delivered were not all old or all new, but scattered amidst the failures; ie. it doesn't look like a temporary window in which everything stopped.

There is definitely at least a serious bug with credit delivery here. My biggest worry is that there is actually a GTN payment avoidance exploit going around. I made sure my ticket included both prices and buyer names in case this is indeed the result of an exploit.

Sadly, this kind of bug is going to hammer CS. So, I'm not hopeful for a quick resolution. I suspect GTN will be effectively unusable for the next month; I've taken down ALL my GTN sales and won't be posting any more until CS makes good on the current outstanding sales and the devs announce the problem and post a fix.

It's not a display error for me, I'm still waiting on several credits to come in still since last night.

Hmm, I could be wrong then. I don't keep close track of my sales and it seemed like the number added up.

It's just a display error for me. I'm getting the credits fine, the mail informing me of the sale isn't deleting like it usually does though.

It's just a display error for me, too. It's very easy to think you're actually missing credits if you aren't looking to read the buyer's name, because the message *with* the credits does properly delete itself when you remove them. That leaves you with a mailbox full of messages implying you're waiting many hours for credits (that you've already received), because those ones aren't auto-deleting.

Can confirm it's still doing this with fresh listings that are newly purchased, and that it's still just a failure of auto-delete rather than failure of message delivery. I listed one item on one of my characters, and a few hours later, she had both messages in her mailbox. Same item, same buyer, one message that credits would be delivered in an hour, one with the credits attached. After reading both messages and removing credits from the more recent one, the sale notice message remained while the credit delivery notice deleted itself.

You can test it yourself if you'd like. List something (for a ridiculous price if you want to be sure to purchase it yourself), and buy it with another character. Check the selling character's mailbox after an hour, and you should have two messages about the sale, one with credits which will vanish when you empty it, the other informing you that credits are on the way. The latter *should* have vanished when the one with credits arrived, but it doesn't.

Shot-in-the-dark guess: one of the functions that handles the auto-delete includes the year in a timestamp, and something wacky is happening with the ending 0.

It's not a display error for me. The text that shows you receiving credits showed only the 3 that I really received and those all added up to what that character had on hand (plus the roughly 1~2M I keep on each char). The other 7 are all still outstanding: varying from 9H to 24H+.

That's how I realized something was wrong. Clicking the "select all" and then "loot all attachments" only cleared 3 of the 10 with 3x credits granted messages -- basically, "uhm, that was fewer than it should have been, what's up?"

Hrm, that's new to me, then. The "you have credits coming" messages not deleting themselves happened (and is still happening) on multiple characters for me, but I am definitely getting the credits in a separate message when I should.

If you're sure you're not, maybe there's something going wrong with the "get all checked message attachments" button? That's something we're doing differently, anyway. (I never ever use that button because I never remove some of the reward stuff that's auto-mailed on character creation, like opposite faction's paint jobs and ship droid appearances and such.)

Maybe try selling yourself some cheap green drops (by purchasing with another character) to see what happens? It wouldn't be as significant a loss, at least. If you store all your credits in the legacy hold before using the button to grab all the attachments, it might make it easier to spot something missing. The only math weirdness that you'd maybe want to note somewhere is the item deposit. The messages that are persisting list the asking price and the tax, but your deposit isn't specified in that, even though it is returned with the credit delivery messages.

got the same problem here also some type off GTN credit delivery.

if i sold 5 items and after 1 hour i come back to collect it i get 10 sale mail's where 5 from then have the credits in it and delete automatic but the other 5 have notting and are not delete automatic.

and thats on all my chars that are selling items for each item that is sold i get 1 extra thats only telling its been sold that item and price and the credits from it is in the other mail.

and thats something i have never see before and thats its happing on all my chars is also wierd.

Happened to me as well,

I've put 10 items on GTN yesterday and logged in today to find 2 messages with credits and 8 empty "you will receive your asking price" ones that are from either 16 hours ar a day ago so 1 hour has definitely passed for them but the follow up credit messages are nowhere to be found