A few questions about sniper specs

RickOPP

I haven't played in 1-2 years, can't find newer patch sniper guides

So Leathality is probably the meta spec i'm guessing, . but that normally means it's the worst in PvP and FUN XD

Fastest leveling spec is?

What specs do you sniper mains like in PvE vs PvP?

I'll be running both PvP and PvE nothing too hardcore tho. I just want to see what others play, because there is a real lack of info on anything new for snipers. (maybe because nothing has changed at all?)

A lot of people run MM (Sharpshooter) in PvP and PvE. I run virulence (Dirty fighting) (old lethality) in both because I'm more comfortable with it and with certain tacticals it can be quite bursty. Nothing is more bursty than MM however if that is how you want to play.

MM is probably the fastest for leveling although you might can pull more mobs with engineering and it's higher AoE.

Important thing to note is that amplifiers boost your damage considerably. I run periodic intensity for dot specs and armor pen for weapon damage specs.

Edited by chadicus

• 2 weeks later...
A lot of people run MM (Sharpshooter) in PvP and PvE. I run virulence (Dirty fighting) (old lethality) in both because I'm more comfortable with it and with certain tacticals it can be quite bursty. Nothing is more bursty than MM however if that is how you want to play.

MM is probably the fastest for leveling although you might can pull more mobs with engineering and it's higher AoE.

Important thing to note is that amplifiers boost your damage considerably. I run periodic intensity for dot specs and armor pen for weapon damage specs.

To be fair, for leveling all you really need is Orbital Strike / Freigher, Sweeping Gunfire (or whatever the ridiculous AOE from cover is called), and then with Virulence/DF you can add dot-spread with dart/grenade for flavor. Stuff melts almost as fast as MM.

Personally having tried (and still running diff toons) with Sharpshooter vs. DF / Virulence, I also find the Virulence rotation more fun, easier on the fingers, and frankly better at dealing with a few high-HP mobs you meet along the way. YMMV but Virulence is fun once you get it down.