Tooltip Countdown Broken

Xina_LA

It used to be if I held my mouse over a button and watched the tooltip, the cooldown timer would tick away, and I'd click when it reached zero. Now, the tooltip is static. It shows the current cooldown time at the moment I moused over the button but does not update. This includes abilities, mounts, and other buttons.

Instead of doing that, you can go into your settings and add timer numbers to the ability icons, so you can see the cooldown time remaining without having to mouse over them and check the tooltip.

How to do it:

ESC

Preferences

User Interface

Scroll down to Cooldown Settings

Check the box marked Show Cooldown Text

Instead of doing that, you can go into your settings and add timer numbers to the ability icons, so you can see the cooldown time remaining without having to mouse over them and check the tooltip.

How to do it:

ESC

Preferences

User Interface

only helps with action bar cooldowns, not (de)buffs

Unfortunately, that text is far too small for my eyes. The tooltip text is the only thing big enough for me to read.

I'd have to make the toolbars gigantic in order to maybe see overlay numbers on them.

Edited by Xina_LA

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As of 6.1c, this bug still exists.

I've discovered that the bug does not apply to tooltips for items in your inventory nor listed as equipped on your character sheet. It works as it should from those.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Screw you, Steve. If the thread doesn't stay visible, it has a 100% chance of going ignored. Out of sight, out of mind. At least this provides a chance of the bug getting fixed, and it serves to document how long the bug has persisted. Edited by Tofu_Shark

• 1 year later...

How to do it:

ESC

Preferences

User Interface

You can't do that with buffs in your Buff Tray. The duration only updates after taking your cursor off of it and mousing over it again. The time is forever frozen at the point you placed your cursor on the icon or other UI element, such as the XP bar during a double XP event.

And we're on 7.0.2 and this bug is still present.