The State of the Galaxy

Marco_invictus

The game begins with the ending of war between the republic and the empire

During the course of the original story line a new war erupts with massive casualties on both side

Conflict with the hutt empire

Conflict with the dread masters.

Conflict with Revan and his followers leading to even more destruction betrayal

in all of these there is a never ending supply of soldiers machines and jedi and sith to fight and die for each side

The emperor eats an entire world and launches an assault from unknown parts of the galaxy against the empire and the republic

More Jeid and sith are killed

The alliance gathers the remnants of these two powers into one force including sith and jedi and drives off and defeats the eternal empire

More jedi and sith die

The eternal alliance turns out to be more like the 6 month alliance and looses most of its power

The empire launches a surprise attack on the republic with.....more sith more more ships and the republic responds with more jedi and more ships.

Where do all these force users and ships come from by now the galaxy we know should be exhausted and unable to produce this stuff let alone fully trained or even partially trained force users

Where do all these force users and ships come from by now the galaxy we know should be exhausted and unable to produce this stuff let alone fully trained or even partially trained force users

You underestimate mother nature and just how powerful procreation is.

It's a pity sometimes how people can't use their imagination to find answers to their questions, isn't it? Especially considering all of this takes place in a galaxy with trillions upon trillions of living beings in it.

Edited by Ylliarus

It's a pity sometimes how people can't use their imagination to find answers to their questions, isn't it? Especially considering all of this takes place in a galaxy with trillions upon trillions of living beings in it.

Exactly only Corusant the republic capital has trilions of people living there and there hundreds of planets if not thousands in the core with similar population. The fact that the jedi and sith have only thousands of force users and thousands of ships is saying that they have no idea of the scale of the galaxy even if only 0,00001% of the resources of the galaxy are used for the military they should have millions of ships and millions of jedi and billions of troops.

I hate to bring this to you, but this is a video game :) its not real and you can pretty much create all the sith/jedi you want for its purposes.

The point of the game is to make profit, in order to do that you need to be prolonging the life of the game to keep the people subbed and buying CM stuff. Its as simple as that.

I hate to bring this to you, but this is a video game :) its not real and you can pretty much create all the sith/jedi you want for its purposes.

The point of the game is to make profit, in order to do that you need to be prolonging the life of the game to keep the people subbed and buying CM stuff. Its as simple as that.

i get it i just thought i would broach the topic and i will note in the final battle on caorrila (sp) they called them green jedi

i get it i just thought i would broach the topic and i will note in the final battle on caorrila (sp) they called them green jedi

Green Jedi is what the call Corellian Jedi (referenced frequently when there in class stories). It is a title and not a reference to their experience level.

Even with their insanely picky entrance requirements, there were more than 10k Jedi Knights during the prequel trilogy. Even thousands dying over the span of decades wouldn't be enough to exhaust the SWTOR era numbers.

Sith do not have procreation restrictions. Or anything that resembles personal restraint. They're fine.

Green Jedi is what the call Corellian Jedi (referenced frequently when there in class stories). It is a title and not a reference to their experience level.

Even with their insanely picky entrance requirements, there were more than 10k Jedi Knights during the prequel trilogy. Even thousands dying over the span of decades wouldn't be enough to exhaust the SWTOR era numbers.

Sith do not have procreation restrictions. Or anything that resembles personal restraint. They're fine.

The sith have other problems the attrition level its horrible like out of each 5 who enter the academy 3 die as students. Then good luck becoming an sith lord further most do not and they die long before getting close to their goal. And then the ones that do become sith lord most die long before becoming an darth. And the darth's well their attrition level is also horrible good luck finding one that died of old age.

The sith have other problems the attrition level its horrible like out of each 5 who enter the academy 3 die as students. Then good luck becoming an sith lord further most do not and they die long before getting close to their goal. And then the ones that do become sith lord most die long before becoming an darth. And the darth's well their attrition level is also horrible good luck finding one that died of old age.

Darth Zash actually states to the Inquisitor that it's rare for a Sith to live beyond their 50s. But... there are multiple examples of Sith that do manage to live that long and far beyond it. Darth Vowrawn is a prime example, along with Overseer Ragate.

I don't know how rare the force sensitivity, or how many jedi/sith trained at once, but there is more, than enough people, and resources for conventional stuff such as soldiers, and droids. Also there is a year time-skip before Onslaught.

More importantly during the Onslaught both sides went all-in. So it is very likely, that a short pause gona happen. Like while you going after the mad jedi.

As for Sith, and Jedi in great numbers. We knew from the start, that Sith has started desperate conscription since the class stories. They enlist everyone with force sensitivity. Regardless of age, race, or bloodline.

We don't know how picky the jedi still, but i would assume, that desperate times calls for desperate measures. So they at least open for conversion, but it might be, that they also start training "older" people. The knight, and consular are both raised by the order.

It could be though, that the reason behind their mostly equalized numbers is the fact, that many of the Sith recruits die during training. Jedi has less recruits, but they all survive.

I think some liberties are taken in the story telling but at the same time the universe is a big place and these numbers go beyond human comprehension. We can busy numbers like a million but can't actually imagine a million when you really think about it.

The planets we play on are limited in size for game purposes. Dromund Kaas and Coruscant are but snippets of how big those towns would really be.

Then again, when I see the fleet attack at the end of Onslaught, it's not that impressive of a size fleet for such a major offensive.

When you've seen the original films in the original release, at the end of RotJ there is a celebration on Endor, but none of those scenes of the universe rejoicing that the Emperor is defeated existed back then. I think that version makes more sense. When it happened nobody knows yet and there are still many imperials and generals left.

I look at this in the same way. Yes battles have been fought and indeed took their toll on the galaxy but for a lot of people it's still far away and they only hear about it much later as legends or stories. It still is a bit fast and loose but I think in that context and giving the story tellers a bif of leeway because they have to tell a story of continued warfarae that keeps people interested I guess the logistics behind it may not have been considered as precisely let's say.

SERIOUSLY!

Remember Jedi Grand Master Bastila Shan did the Horizontal Mambo with Revan for the love of ****! If those two couldn't resist the Urge to Merge, who can??

Edited by ElZaguero

SERIOUSLY!

Remember Jedi Grand Master Bastila Shan did the Horizontal Mambo with Revan for the love of ****! If those two couldn't resist the Urge to Merge, who can??

To be fair having both genders made of fit warriors together in close proximity makes me wonder how there not many many many many many many acts of debauchery happening in the jedi order. In our real world there is an reason monks and nuns of any religion stay far apart from each other.