First class to choose as main for new player.

BaroneZen

Hello i am new :), i am trying to figure which class to start with, possible without a bazilion of skills in rotation (i am new but i am not a young boy anymore , so reflexes and memory are what they are :p) and possible not a class which will be probably nerfed from what i am reading specially in pvp forum; i understand that i am starting the game not too much after the release of an important update (6.0), i am also reading the most updated guides for to understand something on how the various classes works, so i ask you a suggestion on which is a good class to start for both endgame pvp and pve (i usually go with one character in mmorpgs and stick to it for rpg reasons).

for to sum what i am searching is:

1. easy to learn rotations without much skills (comprehensive of OCD).

2. good for both pve and pvp endgame.

3. a class which is not at risk to be nerfed meantime i am learning it.

Iam subbed but i will start from lvl 1 for to enjoy all the stories of the pve content :). Since i am new and i must to learn all i would avoid tanking which is a duty that needs to know how to lead, i like to heal but healing needs a lot of multitasking, although it could be my secondary proficency in a class for when i learn better the game mechanics, so i would avoid pre--emptive healing (operative) and go for reactive healing for this reason.

My first idea was to go with sage/sorcerer for the reasons listed above but in most recent guides for sorcerer i got scared of the long opener rotation, the most easy rotation i found (for 6.0) is for a powertech, but i am more a ranged person since i like to have a picture of what is happening and i dislke tunnelling.

Thank you for helping and reading until now. :)

edit: just discovered BH could get a jawa companion... i mean UTINNY! **

Edited by BaroneZen
clarifing i am doing a question.

The bad news is that many classes received an ability bloat buff button. Every time we complain about ability bloat, we get an argument from the video-junkies and macro programmable mouse users.

Look at what they have done to my favorite spec: Vengeance. They took away passive set-bonus autocrit and supercrit, and gave us buffs to an ability I dropped off my toolbar years ago, buffs to the ability bloat buff button, and buffs to abilities I never heard of since I don't re-spec focus. And now our relics FR-SA do absolutely nothing in most content. We only have one dps relic left. And, it's been four years since we were viable in Ranked.

This OP will not find a spec in this game designed for his needs.

Edited by sayNih

i would suggest arsenal mercenrary or markman sniper or madness sorcerer

these class have easiest rotation in my opinion

Thank you man :), i would like to do an imperial operative (mostly because of the story and AT-ST mount to theme with), hard choice now with the 3 classes you listed!

The bad news is that many classes received an ability bloat buff button. Every time we complain about ability bloat, we get an argument from the video-junkies and macro programmable mouse users.

Look at what they have done to my favorite spec: Vengeance. They took away passive set-bonus autocrit and supercrit, and gave us buffs to an ability I dropped off my toolbar years ago, buffs to the ability bloat buff button, and buffs to abilities I never heard of since I don't re-spec focus. And now our relics FR-SA do absolutely nothing in most content. We only have one dps relic left. And, it's been four years since we were viable in Ranked.

This OP will not find a spec in this game designed for his needs.

Yes i got the impression by comparing pre 6.0 guide with the available one of 6.0 that they added more meat on the rotations and yes, making macros with mouse/keyboard software would'nt be hard to do but honestly it is lame to resort to it, so i prefer the classic way but ofc i can't in total honesty to remember an opener rotation like for 6.0 lightning sorcerer:

CD -> FS, PS, PF, Aff -> UP, Adrenal, Rck, TB -> LF, FB -> S-> CL -> LB -> LB -> LB -> FS, TB -> CL -> LB -> CD -> LF -> S -> TB -> CL -> Priority System (6 skills for priority, https://mmobits.com/2019/11/21/lightning-sorcerer-pve-guide-by-sion/#Opener).

I mean... maybe i can but oh well! A Macro would resolve the issue, specially considering that openers are a pve matter.

Thank you man :), i would like to do an imperial operative (mostly because of the story and AT-ST mount to theme with),.

Concealment is a good choice. The problem is you would be managing 2 resources. If you can refrain from spamming overload shot, energy is not a problem. If you go for the Tactition's set bonus, the stacks of Tactical Advantage is increased to 3, making it more forgiving. The new ability button refreshes CD on abilities, keeping up pressure on long fights.

Concealment puts out good damage, and is a good choice for the end-game grind. I can solo MM Red Reaper.

A macro would also be against the Rules of Conduct and put you at risk of a ban.

Iam not saying i will do it,i just said that would be easy to do and also to bypass.

Concealment is a good choice. The problem is you would be managing 2 resources. If you can refrain from spamming overload shot, energy is not a problem. If you go for the Tactition's set bonus, the stacks of Tactical Advantage is increased to 3, making it more forgiving. The new ability button refreshes CD on abilities, keeping up pressure on long fights.

Concealment puts out good damage, and is a good choice for the end-game grind. I can solo MM Red Reaper.

Thank you for the answer, i did 12 levels with sniper, now i try the operative and see which class appeals me more this way, i like the outfits meantime! ^_^.