The game won't patch

Noswal

Hello.

I'm not sure this is the correct/appropriate place for this, but here goes:

I was playing yesterday with no issues, and then I had to take a break. I shut the game down, and went about my business. The problem arose when I returned later to continue playing. The launcher works fine, but the game will not initialize. I get a message telling me that "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again."

After three or four failed attempts, I restarted the p.c. and tried again. Same result.

I then ran the launcher repair tool, which also made no difference. The problem persists.

This morning, I gave it another go, and the game still will not initialize. At this point, I decided that I would get radical and reinstall the game. Unfortunately for me, this also did not fix the problem.

Every other game that is installed on this p.c. functions correctly, so I'm pretty sure it isn't a hardware issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, or is it just me? Any suggestions for a fix?

Edited by Noswal

Honestly, I reinstalled entirely and it fixed it. I have seen reports of fixes after several launcher resets and computer resets. So I would just keep trying any of those until something works.

Thanks. I appreciate the reply. This is frustrating to say the least, since I've already uninstalled, reinstalled, run the launcher repair, preformed a scan disc (no errors found) and restarted the machine several times.

Oh well, if at first you don't succeed, try and try again, right?

Thanks again, mate!

I'm not sure this is the correct/appropriate place for this, but here goes:

This is frustrating to say the least,

Oh well, if at first you don't succeed, try and try again, right?

You might also try posting/asking in this other more widely used forum section: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=255

...as well as maybe in this section: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Edited by Nee-Elder

Thanks for the input. It is much appreciated. After way too much effort and two times through uninstalling and reinstalling the game, the problem seems to have been resolved. I have no idea what actually fixed it as I did the exact same thing twice.

Thanks again for all of the assistance.